Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Full back when you say that things are clear cut you mean that they will be easy wins. I am saying that bar the Og's match IMO the other games will be difficult to call. I would fancy Cross simply because of their record but it certainly will not be easy game, If you think he Clans will come out and lie down then you know a different clans team that i do. Harps and Mullaghbawn to me is a toss of a coin and Killeavy versus Clann Eireann will be a tight enough game aswell. If you think this is way off the mark then i don't know what games you watch during the year. As you can see there has already been a few posters that have agreed with me so we can't all be seing things.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

No one said you are going to lie down, dont be so paranoid.

When you last met in a county final Cross were the superior team. Allowing for the sending off, they would still have won.IMHO Clans have gone back from them while Cross have stayed the same or improved.

Pearse Og's beat Tir na Nog comprehensively who are sitting close to the top of the league Granemore are in.

Killeavey will be too strong for Clann Eireann. C Eireann have no one who can mark Mc Donnell & indeed Killeavey have hit form at the right time in the season.

Harps are a physically bigger team than Mullaghbawn all over the field. Mullaghbawn are rarely beaten by big scores as they are a good defensive unit, but I feel that any fouls will be punished by Kelly, whose free taking was top notch against Cruppen.

winsamsoon

There is a little difference this time full back. The clans will be goin into the game with absolutely nothing to loose a IMHO Cross were also a better team the year they beat us in the final. So i will conceed that we have gone backwards but you would also have to conceed that Cross are by no means the team they were. Mc Conville and a the Kernans have had a quite year with the county and certainly haven't doen anything outstanding. Plus there is also the added advantage of a neutral venue which is a big deal.

Would it be reasonable to say then that you would fancy Og's, Harps, Cross and killeavy all by 4 or 5 clear points???. Surely you would if they are clear cut.

lurgan-gael

IMHO Harps have gone backwards, (Division 2), whereas Mullabawn have stayed the same or improved (remained in Div 1). Thats why I feel they will beat Harps.

billy the kid

Harps v Mullabawn            Bawn by 2/3

Pearse og v Granemore      Granemore by 1

Clann Eireann v Killeavy        Killeavey by 3+

Cross v Clans                      Clans by 2  (think it will be tight as Clans have nothing to lose and will get stuck in)

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

bennydorano

Harps v Mullaghbawn will be tight,  both teams will fancy their chances - I'd say the bookies will have it even money.

Granemore will give the Ogs all they want but you'd have to think that the Ogs should have a wee bit too much for them.

I think Killeavey will account for Clann Eireann by at least 5 or 6, Watched CE on Sunday and they're not great but Shane Mcconville has them well drilled, they lost one of their MF'ers to a straight red the last day so he'll undoubtedly be a big loss.  Killeavey are on a great run, hard to see them being stopped at this stage.

Cant see anything other than a Cross victory against the Clans, although Cross aren't great around MF and they did look dodgy in defence the last day when under pressure.  First game in the refurbished Athletic Grounds??

armagh leg-end

harps ogs semi final would be some game!
Ard Mhacha Abu

Arthur

Armagh Exile

When was the last time Clan na Gael beat Crossmaglen at a neutral venue?
Cross by five this time.

winsamsoon

What exactly does that have to do with this year championship game between the two teams exile??? Whaever has happened in the past goes out the window.

corn02

Can't see Clans getting within five of Cross - although Mardsen is still a classa act.

Harps posters: case for calling for a postponement with Holmes on county duty?

crossfire

Well if we are to equal Ballina's record of 13 in a row, it looks as if we are going to have to do it the hard way.
After drawing Dromintee in the first round we were hoping to avoid Clans and Ogs in the quarter finals as we are usually a bit sluggish in the early rounds .
However we have drawn the Clans who have a great championship record and will be a tough nut to crack.

They should have beaten us in the league in Davitt Park when we were almost at full strength and we stole the points with a late goal.
Hopefully we will have some of our injured players back for this game.

fcuksake

Quote from: corn02 on September 02, 2008, 09:48:58 PM
Can't see Clans getting within five of Cross - although Mardsen is still a classa act.

Harps posters: case for calling for a postponement with Holmes on county duty?

no chance , i think that was tried a few years ago when there was a clash and the county board laughed at us.

A double header in the Athletic Grounds would be great

Harps V Bawn
Cross V Clans

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

diesel-smuggler

was at county convention a few years back when a motion was passed regarding armagh county players and club matches not sure which one it was now the killeavey chairman tried to get it to cover all counties to cover killeavey when stanfield wasn't available and he was laughed at!

i would certainly imagine that any request from harps would be the same!

anyword yet on venues??

diesel-smuggler

if they choose crossmaglen v clans as the first game in the refurbished athletic grounds the county should market the product and have it under the new lights too!

if done correctly they could fill the place and generate alot of interest and revenue in the athletic grounds

couldnt imagine them having the sense of the know how to do this unfortunately