Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 05, 2008, 05:56:05 PM
Quoteour full back got a box in the mouth, and went down in a heap. the ref neither went over to the umpires to find out what happened or if they had seen anything, or to our player to see if he was alright.

In fairness, since both the umpires were probably from the clubs involved, there's not an awful lot of point in a referee asking their opinion, no doubt both will have an entirely different opinion, based solely on what would favour their own club.

Sounds like a disgrace what's happened to Mullaghban. If its true that the ref wsn't going to give a penalty until he saw how injured the player was, then that shows how incompetent he is.

that's not the point TAC, it is the fact he didn't bother to do either that annoys me!! of course the umpires would give their own accounts, but our player could have been very injured and the ref didn't seem to give a shite!!

Minus15

pintsofguinness

Yes I would
In fairness to him, he is new and tries his best. Of course he is gonna make mistakes but i dont think he can be accused of bias or vindictiveness, which Quigley and Hughes so blatantly get turned on by.
Come and watch a 'bridge match that Hearty is refereeing and you'll see plenty of bias.  Hadn't harps an issue with him in a couple of championship games a few years ago? Wasn't it against keady?

Patsmc - good to hear of the punishment dished out - a few more 12 month bans and yous will have got what yous deserve for what happened over the last few years - aren't you crying to the ulster council?

Oh and Stanfield is a diving, cheating, dirty ****.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

What did you guys expect Stanfield is a louth man and we all know what they are. Little football ability but will try and cheat and sneakily knock it into you. Another prime example is bus face donaldson. Was Donaldson born in Louth or Armagh ???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteCome and watch a 'bridge match that Hearty is refereeing and you'll see plenty of bias.  Hadn't harps an issue with him in a couple of championship games a few years ago? Wasn't it against keady?

Patsmc - good to hear of the punishment dished out - a few more 12 month bans and yous will have got what yous deserve for what happened over the last few years - aren't you crying to the ulster council?

The irony of Pints complaining about somebody else "crying" shouldn't go unnoticed.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Yes I Would

Pints i wasnt referring to Hearty but rather Mc Kinley the new fella from Killeavy who should be given every chance and encouragement to improve as a referee.

Im fairly sure Donaldson was born in Cullyhanna, although he has obviously picked up a few tricks from his time in Louth

pintsofguinness

QuotePints i wasnt referring to Hearty
Ah right, took you up wrong.

Tac - are yous not crying to the ulster council on this one?

pats-mc

We are only interested in getting justice served and not the type administered by Micky Maillie and Co.

By the way I have never had any problems with Ronan Quigley as a referee and although he can make wrong decisions i have never found him on a personal level to be a bad fella. Then again he is from the bridge where only gentleman exist in their utopian world and where everyone is an authority on justice and what is the right thing to do. After all the bridge never get men sent off or abuse referees. In fact they are all students of the rules of the GAA all pleasant sociable chaps.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: pats-mc on August 05, 2008, 09:56:29 PM
We are only interested in getting justice served and not the type administered by Micky Maillie and Co.

By the way I have never had any problems with Ronan Quigley as a referee and although he can make wrong decisions i have never found him on a personal level to be a bad fella. Then again he is from the bridge where only gentleman exist in their utopian world and where everyone is an authority on justice and what is the right thing to do. After all the bridge never get men sent off or abuse referees. In fact they are all students of the rules of the GAA all pleasant sociable chaps.

Justice?  :D

A half a dozen more 12 month bans and justice will be served. 
Yous will get your comeuppance, all c**ts do at some stage.

pats-mc

oh to be born at the other end of the parish where everybody is a s good as gold. By the way I lined out for the bridge a few times meself many years ago. I wish i had stayed and become as upright a citizen as yourself.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: pats-mc on August 05, 2008, 10:29:41 PM
oh to be born at the other end of the parish where everybody is a s good as gold. By the way I lined out for the bridge a few times meself many years ago. I wish i had stayed and become as upright a citizen as yourself.
What are you talking about, no one is saying the 'bridge is filled with angels  ::)

I can't say we, or any other club, would match Cullyhanna in the **** stakes though.
Give yourselves a slap on the back for that one.

gaa.boy

I could be wrong here, but was it not Mr Quigley who couldnt even count up the score correctly in the Culloville v Harps match a few months back? He called a draw even though both teams and the local radio station that were commentating had the Harps down as victors by 1 point.
That "dropped" point could cost the Harps dearly now!!!!!!

umgolaarmagh

Doubt it GAA.BOY,

Harps look to be going down and i dont think a point will be the difference

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 05, 2008, 10:05:19 PM
Quote from: pats-mc on August 05, 2008, 09:56:29 PM

Justice?  :D

A half a dozen more 12 month bans and justice will be served. 
Yous will get your comeuppance, all c**ts do at some stage.

Have you had yours yet ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

The Culloville v Harps ref was Viincent O'Neill.