Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank Everlast

Tullysaran 1.09 v 0.09 Ballyhagan...
Tight game that i feel we just edged, missed a penalty in the first half and a few easy frees..... Scored a late goal wen the sides were all level to snatch the points!

pintsofguinness

QuoteBut why in the hell could Paudie Hughes not have reacted the same way any referee with any ounce of common sense would have and sent the physio off the pitch and reported him for verbal abuse? Absolutely no need to call an entire match off.

Normally I'd agree with you and perhaps if it was another club Paudie (or another ref) would send yer man off and put it down to heat of the moment stuff but considering recent events surrounding your club, which I'm sure Paudie is fully aware of, I don't think anyone can blame him for taking the threat seriously and not wanting  to continue!

I don't make a habit of standing up for referees but no one can blame a referee for not continuing with a game he's been threatened at, anyone who does is just an idiot. 

and btw
Was he actually threatened or was it just the same verbals you hear at every match up and down the country?
I'm sure Paudie has heard plenty of abuse while refereeing and I don't remember him ever abandoning a match before so I think it's probably safe to assume it was a threat
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

Killeavey beat the clans in Davitt Park by 4pts. Clans were winning 0-09 to 0-04 at half time and looked in control but Killeavey came out in the second half and tore the clans to shreds. Looked like our lads were still in holiday mode having been off for the last 2 weeks but take nothing away from Killeavey they fully deserved their win and if ever a team showed fight and the will to win it was Killeavey in the 2nd half last night.

I know both teams were minus a few players but Killeavey really impressed me and are def a better team than their league position shows and i would be shocked :o if they are relegated.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 19, 2008, 10:43:54 AM
QuoteBut why in the hell could Paudie Hughes not have reacted the same way any referee with any ounce of common sense would have and sent the physio off the pitch and reported him for verbal abuse? Absolutely no need to call an entire match off.

Normally I'd agree with you and perhaps if it was another club Paudie (or another ref) would send yer man off and put it down to heat of the moment stuff but considering recent events surrounding your club, which I'm sure Paudie is fully aware of, I don't think anyone can blame him for taking the threat seriously and not wanting  to continue!

I don't make a habit of standing up for referees but no one can blame a referee for not continuing with a game he's been threatened at, anyone who does is just an idiot. 

and btw
Was he actually threatened or was it just the same verbals you hear at every match up and down the country?
I'm sure Paudie has heard plenty of abuse while refereeing and I don't remember him ever abandoning a match before so I think it's probably safe to assume it was a threat

I couldn't exactly tell you what was said as we were in the changing rooms at the time.  I think the incident happened on the field when both teams were in the changing rooms.  the 1st we knew of it was when there was shouting outside the changing rooms and Paudi was saying the match was off.  Both sets of managers were trying to diffuse the situation, which went on for just over ten minutes, but the decision had already been made by that stage.

Whacker

Quote from: Rubberneck on July 18, 2008, 11:42:46 PM
wot the hell is wrong with these people who think that having a go at referees is OK ,if the refs were to give as much s**t to the managers/physio's/players as they get then the fun would really begin. Why would you want to go to a senior game at the moment when all you hear is foul abusive language from managers and players, if you were to go out for the day with your family would you want them to hear nothing only this s**t. Where has all the fun and enjoyment gone in our beautiful game. ??? ???
Bad Luck for Paul if this is true lets hope its only a rumor is needed for the championship.

Would agree with you there Rubberneck if the man in question wasnt such an egotistical self obsessed p***k who has to send a player off or dictate to players that he is the man in charge!  Absolute shithead of the highest degree who thinks he has a devine right to preach to everyone within earshot!  Needs to be brought down a peg or two by the county board or beyond!

DrinkingHarp

With all the bitchin and moaning of refs throughout the league, how come no one on here takes the initiative of training to become a ref?

If it is such dire straights (ref)  I am sure at least two guys can step up to do this.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Legs11

same shite from cullyhanna again sure its ony 2weeks ago tat steven casey tired 2 head butt donal murtagh at the cross cullyhanna match then casey told steven kernan tat only he had a final in 2weeks time he'd break his  2 legs...some shite from a manager???? same old same old

bennydorano

Quote from: fcuksake on July 18, 2008, 11:51:38 PM
looks like harps will be headin to division 2 (to be honest they dont deserve to stay up). beat at home by 3 points to dromintee.

Poor side without their county panelists.

Its not until you see the contribution a few county men make to your own team that you realise every year teams are in the same position as ourselves, fighting relegation because they have been minus the backbone of their team for at least 50-60% of the season. There is bound to be an argument for a bottom 4 play-off in Division 1.
Unfortunately for Harps we have played very well with a severely understrength team this past 2 weeks and got nothing for it.  And it's not solely a case of missing County men,there were 8 or 9 first teamers missing last week and 7 last night, how is any team supposed to deal with that?  We should refuse to play any more games until our County men are available.

The Cullyhanna/ Ogs situation is obviously not as bad as I was lead to believe it was last night.  If the Co Board do back the Ref and go to town on  St Pats (and they will) they are bound to be looking at points being docked or relegation if deemed serious enough.

back off the net

if paudie was the ref in croke park and that happened would he walk off the pitch and send 70000 home.NO IT WOULD NOT HAPPEN.he was not even meant to be the ref last night in armagh i think he is on a power trip and someone needs to take him down off it very soon and what ever way that needs to be done well fair be it cause the wankers on the county board are just as bad.
  1 question i would like to ask.why was a crossmaglen man in charge off st pats when they are play cross in the c ship Friday night.when paudie was over at the killeavy sevens he was stopped from doing any off the knock out games cause he was that bad now that says something when he was not allowed to take part in the knock out games and this is the ass hole that cost down a minor all ireland in croke park and then bragged about it that night in the carrickdale when full off the free beer he got in Dublin.if you can not stand up for your self and ask paudie a question what hope have you if i answer him back every game in armagh is all about the ref and not about the football why is that.no other county has a problem like paudie

pintsofguinness

Quotesomeone needs to take him down off it very soon and what ever way that needs to be done well fair be it
What's that suppose to mean?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

By the sounds of it he should have sent the physio off. Too abandon a game with thye two teams in the changing room is unbelivable.

Benny, not being cheeky but any chance of a report, missed the game.

winsamsoon

Can a physio be sent off?If so what happens if someone on that team gets a serious injury??? Then if a ref sends a physio off and a serious injury is incurred then the ref would be responsible. Perhaps this is why the game was abandoned for fear of another injury????

I wish that clown would have abandoned our game last night because at one stage it was like rugby. something will have to be done about this thrid man tackling. We would be a flowing football side but last night killeavy totally shut us down with persistent fouling the whole game. I don't think the ref booked three players. I don't know who the ref was either that was the first time we have got him.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteCan a physio be sent off?If so what happens if someone on that team gets a serious injury??? Then if a ref sends a physio off and a serious injury is incurred then the ref would be responsible.

Do teams have to have a physio though Win? Not sure evry club would, particularly down the divisions. If something serious happened, I'm sure the medical people from the Ogs would have helped out. Don't really think there is a logical explanation to this one. It was poor behaviour from our physio obviously but Paudie's lost the run of himself entirely.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Rubberneck

If you were at a game and the ref sent off the physio and a serious incident happened, the physio couldn't enter the field to help  his own player would you as a ref feel happy to continue this game. i think this would pose serious health and safety issues and with that in mind i would have to agree RELUCTANTLY with Paudie on this count.

Lucky today to get the chance at the Ulster again. Peter made bad mistake using subs when the boys were leading upset to whole continuity of the team, played rite into Fermanagh's hands, why bring on McConville ??? bad move have we not got younger fresher legs on the bench not carring injuries that might have improved the game not weakened it, taking O'Rourke off  :o when he was playing well and then putting him on again when all was turning sour all too late didn't workout  ::)
All that's hot and sticky is not so sweet, enjoy the dream

Yes I Would

8 pts up of course Mc Donnell would have felt they would push on and win.
Kernans time was up. He didnt get himself into the game as he had done previously.
I only hope he put Mc Conville on as he was 100% fit  and had been training flat out and not for any notion of sentiment to have him playing in another winning Ulster final side.

Marty O Rou, seemd to take a heavy enough knock, and can only think it was for this reason that he was replaced, cos when he left the team looked flat!!