Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diesel-smuggler

pints i think you can add ourselves to the end of killeavy!!!!

altovito

keady bt whitecross by 1point,ref was mcconville frm lurgan-had a good game,better than most refs

heard dromintee players fell out with their committe bout philly loughran jooinin them,most of the players wantd him but one r 2and committee didnt

pintsofguinness

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on April 27, 2008, 08:05:26 PM
pints i think you can add ourselves to the end of killeavy!!!!

I think yous will come ok but Killeavy need to start picking up points very quickly or they're going to have no chance, I can't believe they've gone back so far since last year. 

I'm dissapointed with our own poor start but there's a long way to go yet.

Whitecross is another mystery. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

doire na raithe

Quote from: altovito on April 27, 2008, 08:07:44 PM

heard dromintee players fell out with their committe bout philly loughran jooinin them,most of the players wantd him but one r 2and committee didnt
dunno where you heard that from? But theres no truth in it. Cullyhanna looked pretty good today against an understrength Dromintee side, cant see st. Pats having much problem staying up.

winsamsoon

Clans drew with the harps today. a disgraceful refereeing performance by ronan quigley. Over ruled the harps and clans umpire twice giving the harps a point on both occassions when the ball was clearly wide. He then continued to give the harps scorable free kicks when they were clearly 50 /50 challenges. The clans had enough possesion in the first half to win by 10 points but didn't take their chances but the second half refereeing was absolutely disgraceful. This has to stop referees are robbing teams of results for i don't know what reason. That man should never be able to ref a clans game again. Even the harps lads were laughing at some of the decisions he was making. If we had refs like that on our side we would win the all Ireland.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

QuoteThat man should never be able to ref a clans game again.

Sure clans would have no one allowed to ref their games if that approach was taken.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armagh leg-end

madden and bellecks drewe tonight!
Ard Mhacha Abu

qub la la la

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 27, 2008, 10:20:26 PM
That man should never be able to ref a clans game again.

other clubs have the same opinion. i think cross underage teams make a point of not playing if mr quigley is due to referee any of their games because the result is a foregone conclusion. not 100% but i thought i heard that the cross minors left the field once quigley arrived last monday night to referee a game. he's an awful man!

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteWas at the Cullyhanna Dromintee game. Great match and a good win for st Pats again in front of a big crowd.Once again Malachy Mackin at midfield made a big impact on the game along with Barry Mc Conville who kicked three excellent points from play. In fairness to dromintee they missed Aidan O Rourke and Baryy shannon from their defence and Gareth O Neill but St pats ciut through in the second hallf to hit some great scores from play. Thought that Martin O Rourke played too deep to make an impact on the game that that Michel O Rourke and to a lesser extent in the first half the full forward( Conor Gaskin?) were ther only major threat. For Cullyhanna a the concession of a number of silly frees in the first half were well punished by i thought that defence tightened up well in the second half and Paidi Mc Creesh got down the field overlapping as well to take a good score. Forwards apart from Eugene Casey (who was magnificent throughout and must have scored 8 points at least three from play) were poor in the first half  but came into it well in the second half. Young Ciaran O Neill in particular and Paidi Mackin done well and won good ball and took good scores. Six out of eight for a young Cullyhanna side but a big test awaits next week against hopefully a full strength cross team.

Aye the fullforward for Dromintee was Conor Gaskin. Superb result for St Pat's. Really came into it after a shaky opening and played some brilliant football for 15 or 20 minutes at the start of the second half. Bit disappointed in Dromintee - thought they offered little enough threat from play and were relying a lot on Miceal O'Rourke. Great display from the St Pat's midfield - Mal Mackin is having a superb season so far and Barry kicked a few great points. Eugene Casey was excellent - kicked some great scores and, as you point out, Paidi McCreesh got a geat score in the second half, similar to the 2 he got last week. Our half backs provide a real threat going forward and it was encouraging how much breaking ball we won. Thought the full forward line was our quitest sector but it was a great team performance.

All set for the Rangers next week, definetly be a step up but the important thing is that the great start has easied any relegation worries for the timebeing.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Uladh

Quote from: doire na raithe on April 27, 2008, 09:34:25 PM
Quote from: altovito on April 27, 2008, 08:07:44 PM

dunno where you heard that from? But theres no truth in it. Cullyhanna looked pretty good today against an understrength Dromintee side, cant see st. Pats having much problem staying up.

what was the dromintee starting 15 DnR?

Hank Everlast

ARMAGH CLUB RESULTS FOR W/E SUNDAY 27 APRIL 2008

Monday 21 April

ACL – Division Four
Dorsey Emmett's 1-11; Clady 1-3

Wednesday 23 April

ACL – Division Three
Clonmore 3-13; Grange 1-9

Friday 25 April

ACL – Division Two
Clann Eireann 0-12; Wolfe Tones 0-13

Saturday 26 April

ACL – Division Four
Shane O'Neill's 2-15; O'Hanlon's 0-9

Sunday 27 April

ACL – Division One
St Patrick's 0-14; Dromintee 0-9
Harps 0-10; Clan na Gael 1-7
Killeavey 1-5; Mullaghbawn 1-11
Crossmaglen 1-6; Pearse Og 0-9
Culloville v Maghery (Off)

ACL – Division Two
An Port Mor 2-7; Clann Eireann 2-10
Carrickcruppen 0-10; Tir na nÓg 1-10
St Michael's 1-10; Sarsfields 0-7
Wolfe Tones 1-11; Silverbridge 1-10
Keady 1-9; Whitecross 2-5
Granemore 0-16; Ballymacnab 0-7

ACL – Division Three
Tullysaran 1-8; St Paul's 2-7
Madden 0-7; Belleek 0-7
Annaghmore 0-11; Clonmore 1-10
Crossmaglen II 0-12; Ballyhegan 2-12
St Peter's 1-4; Collegeland 1-8
Grange 1-11; Lissummon 0-14

ACL – Division Four
Corrinshego v Middletown (Off)
Mullaghbrack 0-7; Forkhill 4-9
Clady 0-14; Eire Og 3-8
Derrynoose 3-10; Dorsey Emmett's 0-6
Bye – Phelim Brady's

gaapunter

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 27, 2008, 10:31:15 PM
QuoteThat man should never be able to ref a clans game again.

Sure clans would have no one allowed to ref their games if that approach was taken.
#
you would know alot about it pints- you fool

T Fearon

Good win for Tir Na Nog at Carrickcruppen yesterday, (always a dfifficult ground)and the 3 points margin flattered Carrickcruppen as The Ogs were 6 clear with only a couple of minutes to go and the referee payed ast least 5 minutes overtime to ty and get Cruppen a goal ;D

It was also good to see The Right Honourable Conor Murphy MP in attendance with jeans, trainer and bicycle which he kept a firm grip on, in case it was nicked presumably ;D

bennydorano

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 27, 2008, 10:20:26 PM
Clans drew with the harps today. a disgraceful refereeing performance by ronan quigley. Over ruled the harps and clans umpire twice giving the harps a point on both occassions when the ball was clearly wide. He then continued to give the harps scorable free kicks when they were clearly 50 /50 challenges. The clans had enough possesion in the first half to win by 10 points but didn't take their chances but the second half refereeing was absolutely disgraceful. This has to stop referees are robbing teams of results for i don't know what reason. That man should never be able to ref a clans game again. Even the harps lads were laughing at some of the decisions he was making. If we had refs like that on our side we would win the all Ireland.
Must have been at a different game than you.  Thought the ref was poor for us as well.  Notice you didn't mention him overruling the umpire when a Harps goal was disallowed, Jim MCKerr was acting the maggot as umpire and you've some neck claiming 2 pts were 'wide' with that clown 'umpiring'.

Harps were brutal in the first,gifted Clans a goal with poor defending, Clans did miss a bagful.  Harps played excellent in the second and had more than enough chances to win the game clearly, clans got up the field about 3 times in the 2nd half and got 3 points.

winsamsoon

Benny i don't know what you are smoking son but if you could share it with the rest of us we would be grateful. Jim Mc Kerr was only umpiring at one end when the ref over ruled a wide he gave which was wide. The other two umpires at the top end gave a wide and he over ruled  both of them on two occassions giving points. The harps did  have a lot more possession in the second half but all your scores came from free kicks. I would say maybe one or two of them were legit. When a defender clearly goes up and punches the ball out it can't be a free in. Plus he gave a free againt Marsden on the harps 21 for laying the ball of and going for a return, the harps guy took him out of the game and the free out was given  :D That was comical. He also gave another free against marsden for lifting it of the ground which he did. The free was taken and the harps players clearly lifted it of the ground and got another scorable free in. The goal was not over te line and this is why is wasn't given the harps umpire gave it only after the harps no 15 goaded him into it by shouting at him and threatening our other umpire. Granted Quigley then began to give a few sloopy frees to the clans but they were no were near the scoring distance. Again an absolute disgrace. Oh and pints you can keep your wee snide comments to yourself, the clans have no problem with any ref if they do the game correctly. Even if a ref is bad we have no problem aslong as he is equally as bad for both sides. It is no coincidence that this guys name keeps appearing as a pudding.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.