Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh Exile

Where do you suggest the Finals should have been played?

IVEDECIDED

Whats wrong with the Marshes? Or even the Bridge? ANSWER: They arent Cross.

Armagh Exile

It would not matter as to where they were played - Crossmaglen would still be going for their 13th in a row.

doire na raithe

Look, back to the argument in hand. It is totally unacceptable that any team can have home advantage in a final. you speak of health and safety and insurance issues, well where were these issues when the semi-final was played in silverbridge last year? There are plenty of places where the final could be played, I think the marshes was a viable one.

armaghniac

Cross had no problem winning the Ulster final in the Marshes, so such a move would hardly have made any difference. Perhaps it should have been have moved to Blayney as Cross once lost a game there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Diet Coke

hardly think it matters where the final is played, Cross will win it with perhaps the Og's presenting the stiffest test.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

doire na raithe

Quote from: Diet Coke on April 24, 2008, 07:21:19 PM
hardly think it matters where the final is played, Cross will win it with perhaps the Og's presenting the stiffest test.

Very good, you've established Cross are favourites for the championship. You should work for Ladbrokes.

Look I don't care where Cross have won or lost before, and i'm not saying the outcome would have been different had the finals been played anywhere else, the truth is no one knows what the outcome would have been.

What we can say with some conclusivity is that there is no doubt an advantage is given to Cross when they play the final in their home ground and this is unfair.

No one can deny this.

crossfire

Since 1996 Cross have been undefeated in 90 championship games.
Only 14 of these have been played in Cross, so i think the venue doesn't make much difference.

Real1995

Well i for one would not agree with any ARMAGH county final being played in the Marshes.....its the county ground of an neighboring county ...jesus lads we would be hard up >:(......lets keep it in the county.... Speaking as not a Cross man,we all have to admit whether we like it or not that they have been the outstanding team in the county over the last decade,and even if the final was played in iraq they would still have won them all.....so now year upon year its up to the rest of us to raise the bar and challenge them.....
Nice guys always finish second!

Uladh

how did they manage to get 14 championship games at home since 1996?

Scarface

I think it roughly translates to, ' Id love to go with my sister' give or take

'IVEDECIDED'Why don't you just f**k off somewhere else and waste your time, you little loser!!!! You are an idiot.

IVEDECIDED

Ill get right on that Scarface. But before I go - Home advantage in a county final does not guarantee you anything however it is worth 2 points in my opinion as it adds a relaxing factor which can make all the difference on those big occasions. Tony Kernan said as much when he scored for the county team in Cross, 'Ive been putting the ball over that crossbar since I was a child so it wasnt going to be a problem today'. Now look back at the number of finals Cross only won by 1-3 points and its hard to argue that this may not have been the case somewhere else.

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: Real1995 on April 24, 2008, 09:25:11 PM
Well i for one would not agree with any ARMAGH county final being played in the Marshes.....its the county ground of an neighboring county ...jesus lads we would be hard up >:(......lets keep it in the county.... Speaking as not a Cross man,we all have to admit whether we like it or not that they have been the outstanding team in the county over the last decade,and even if the final was played in iraq they would still have won them all.....so now year upon year its up to the rest of us to raise the bar and challenge them.....

Real its no shame to need the use of another facility while your own is being refurbished - thats what neighbours are for.  :) Sure the Ulster council have no problem holding their showpiece at headquarters. I think whats most important is to ensure an even playing filed for both teams contesting the final. This would be the case in all other counties. To me it seems absurd that the best team and one of the best of all time is constantly given extra assistance in this way in the big games.

winsamsoon

ok lads we have the anti group campaigning for the final not to be held in cross. Then  we have the cross contingent saying that there was no alternative and they were obliged to host club finals  :D which they just happened to be in. :D . Simply solution lads the cross should refuse to play the final at home ( I hear they are good at refusing things they don't like) Force the county board into making a decision for once in their useless life . If they choose to bring it outside the county then they would be exposed for being the laughing stock they were. Bottom line, Cross would have finally taken a stand on something the other clubs would agree on. As a result Cross would be blamless and free to play the finals ( even go for 13 in a row) and the other teams would have no gripes whatsoever about where the final were to be played.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

crossfire

WIN SAM SOON

You used to talk a bit of sense.