Previous topic - Next topic

ACFfoxy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 06, 2008, 09:59:36 PM
Quote from: Shortso79 on April 06, 2008, 09:53:55 PM
New Website :

http://www.armaghcountyfans.com/

Looks decent.  Are you foxy shorts?

Hi, im Foxy from armaghcountyfans.com

its free to register on it of course and i intend to go down the same route as Orchard County and supply a discussion forum along with the latest news, fixtures and results etc.

Hank Everlast

iv had a wee look at that new site and it seems very similar to the old one, it was always handy for up to date results and fixtures etc... hopefully that will continue!

ACFfoxy

Quote from: Hank Everlast on April 11, 2008, 08:29:42 AM
iv had a wee look at that new site and it seems very similar to the old one, it was always handy for up to date results and fixtures etc... hopefully that will continue!

yeah, i've tried to keep the look similar, its a winning formula ;)  News, fixtures and results etc will be kept up to date and thanks to the Lurgan Mail and Portadown Times for plugging the site in this weeks edition.

diesel-smuggler

foxy it would probably do you no harm if you contacted the cross examiner and the newry democrat im sure they would give you a mention too!

ACFfoxy

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on April 11, 2008, 10:07:24 AM
foxy it would probably do you no harm if you contacted the cross examiner and the newry democrat im sure they would give you a mention too!

Cheers mate, i'll give them a quick email now, if you know of any other decent local papers in south armagh please post them

winsamsoon

a few questions lads, as i am ignorant in many ways to computers. Are there any perks for running these websites? Do the moderators get commission for amount of users or are they sponsored and the guy in charge gets a few bob?? The reason i ask is because if there is no pay involved then these guys should receive even more press because they do carry out a crucial service and are probably as effective to us as the county board with regardes fixtures time and dates of games.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 11, 2008, 11:32:04 AM
probably as effective to us as the county board with regardes fixtures time and dates of games.

Orchardcounty was far more effective than the county board for results & fixtures

ACFfoxy

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 11, 2008, 11:32:04 AM
a few questions lads, as i am ignorant in many ways to computers. Are there any perks for running these websites? Do the moderators get commission for amount of users or are they sponsored and the guy in charge gets a few bob?? The reason i ask is because if there is no pay involved then these guys should receive even more press because they do carry out a crucial service and are probably as effective to us as the county board with regardes fixtures time and dates of games.

I'm the Admin of ArmaghCountyFans.com and i've been admin on a couple of other sites through the years so i can answer your questions for you.

Q. Do I or Moderators Get Paid?
A. No, not one penny, maybe in much larger commercial sites Companys will pay a monthly fee to advertise there product or company.  I've ran sites with 20,000 - 50,000 members and never had this offered to me so its rare.  But please note, its not just admin's and mod's that make a site, as a forum is nothing without its members and it was very much the members who supplyed a lot of info on sites like OrchardCounty

Q. Why do you have ad's on your site and so does GAAboard?
A. Each time someone who clicks an ad it usually makes the site around 1p - 50p per click with the lowest price the usual amount, money made from ad's pays towards bandwidth and in my case towards the licence to run the forum, this board uses a licence free forum.  You can bet your bottom doller that ad's rarely pay enough to cover these costs but they help towards the financial burden of running a site and rest comes from the admin's pocket. 

In a nutshell there is no perks in running a forum, i love my county and have followed then to every corner of Ireland and in fact to London  ;D and when Orchard County closed I felt our County deserved a forum to voice our opinions on the team and to provide as much info for supporters around the world.  The Portadown Times and Lurgan Mail didn't have to plug the new site but i do applaud them for doing so.

winsamsoon

Fair play to you foxy you epitimise all that is good in our sport. You are clearly not in it for commercial gain( i wasn't suggesting this anyway i was just curious as to how they worked) I would also have to agree that the site  is more effective than the county board. You have only to take a look at their website. Once again well done and i hope you get all the support needed.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

ACFfoxy

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 11, 2008, 02:01:32 PM
Fair play to you foxy you epitimise all that is good in our sport. You are clearly not in it for commercial gain( i wasn't suggesting this anyway i was just curious as to how they worked) I would also have to agree that the site  is more effective than the county board. You have only to take a look at their website. Once again well done and i hope you get all the support needed.

thanks mate, i appreciate it

bennydorano

Harps beat Killeavey 1-13 to 2-7, which was some win considering we were 2-4 to 0-2 down after the first 20 minutes and playing like school children.  Fantastic turnaround, great team performance from then on.

downtown

any other results from tonight?

diesel-smuggler

in division 2

carrickcruppen beat clann eireann by 5 points
sarsfields beat whitecross by 2
an port mor beat newtownhamilton by 2
silverbridge beat keady by 2

never heard anymore results

pintsofguinness

Quotesarsfields beat whitecross by 2
an port mor beat newtownhamilton by 2
:o
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

fcuksake

Was goin to head home after 12 mins of the harps game as they were 8points down, but what a turnaround. Harps defence was opened up every time killeavey attacked. Phililp mckinney early substitution was the turning point.

Harps could have taken jungle or Candyman off, unfortunately for the latter, he got the phone call.

Congrats on a battling performance and maybe this will kickstart the year. Cross to look forward to next week. ;D

can we have the same ref next week ;D ;D ;D

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.