Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Any word on whether Charlie Vernon was playing?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

bennydorano

Dont know but I'd doubt it, Queens are playing in the Sigerson next week.

Uladh

I heard the u21s were very understrength but that it was quite a hammering ("lucky to score at all").
disappointing to hearas i'd expected a good challenge from armagh this year and i'm not sure how strong queens would be?

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteI heard the u21s were very understrength but that it was quite a hammering ("lucky to score at all").
disappointing to hearas i'd expected a good challenge from armagh this year and i'm not sure how strong queens would be?

Nowhere near as strong as they've been for the past 4 years.

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

corn02

Still not bad though, Queens will give the Sigerson a good rattle again this yea. DCU will win it handy enough though.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteStill not bad though, Queens will give the Sigerson a good rattle again this yea. DCU will win it handy enough though.

Poly will give DCU a right good game if they meet. Shockin tough draw for Jordanstown though.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Onion Bag

Should there not be a separate thread for this sigerson cup shite!  ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

bennydorano

Betting available with Boylesports for Sigerson

UCD 3/1 ???
QUB 9/2
UUJ 9/2
DCU 7/1 ???
ST Marys 8/1

corn02

That is a mix up there. Is there any way if you make that bet that you can click something which guarantees you get those odds?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: corn02 on February 07, 2008, 02:04:56 PM
That is a mix up there. Is there any way if you make that bet that you can click something which guarantees you get those odds?

No, if it's a "Palpable error" then the bookies will change the odds they have given you on your bet.

Obviously one man's palpabe error is different from the next man, but in reality it'll be the bookie's call.

bennydorano

Looks like an error to me as well, but UCD and DCU both have relatively kind draws up to the semi, maybe that's the factor??

armaghniac

Bookies have a nice arrangement where if you make a mistake all bets are final, but if they make a mistake to their disadvantage then they just cancel it without explanation. Charming people.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

corn02

So even if the bet is processed at 7/1 it will probably not count?

armaghniac

They can only clap a palpable error if it is totally out of line with other bookies, if someone else is giving 5/1 for DCU then 7/1 is not ridiculous.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

winsamsoon

Had a palpable mistake once online with a bookie. They paid me out on a footy accum when one of the teams had been beaten. I noticed it that night of the game and took the money out straight away so as it would be into my bank account and they couldn't access this without my permission. Two days later i got an email saying they had made the mistake but i could keep the money (it was brazillian football) I thought this was a decent enough deal and i have been there ever since.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.