Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

QuoteI Personally think that Paul Keenan is not at county standard, in fact he is a mediocre Club player.
He'll fit right in in the armagh panel.

I just don't understand the eternal optimism some of you have.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

Big lavery is a decnt player but he i an out and out midfielder. He is mxture of Jarlath burns and mc grane he can fiel and run with the ball but he couldn't score wood so midfiel is where the lad needs selected. I believe tha Armagh should shed the dead skin and bring the youth forward. This way the county can build or the next few years. There is nothing special in Ulster so the youth may still be very competitive.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Imposerous

Lavery scored two impressive points toward the end of Maghery's semi-final with the Ogs.  Is this a rarity?

Onion Bag

Quote from: Imposerous on October 11, 2007, 09:28:40 AM
Lavery scored two impressive points toward the end of Maghery's semi-final with the Ogs.  Is this a rarity?

Yeh, i seen those 2 points, Brilliant scores, but i still have to agree with WINSAMSOON, He is an out and out midfielder, P mc Grane occasioanlly slipped up and stuck one in the net or slipped a few over the bar. But you would never dream of putiing him anywhere in the Forwards. He hasnt got that Poacher instinct that all good forwards should possess
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

High Catch

It's a long long time since Armagh played with 6 forwards who all had that 'Poacher Instinct'!
They usually play with 3/4 forwards with that instinct.

Kentucky Blue

Im aware of the rule about not fielding (do it 3 times and you're automatically relegated) but does anyone know who the main offenders in division 1 have been thus far?

or any other teams out of interest?

tir na nog will hardly field against cullaville on sunday as they are already gone.

At the top end, it will be interesting to see if cross fulfill their remaining couple of games.

Onion Bag

I think the clans havent fielded twice throughout the season, i maybe wrong though, Annaghmore in div 2, have not fielded a couple of times as well, but they are already gone anyway as well

armaghniac

QuoteAt the top end, it will be interesting to see if cross fulfil their remaining couple of games.

Could Cross not round up 15 to fulfil the fixture even if a few lads took the day off?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Onion Bag

They would get a few men out of Ma Kearneys, and the club surely and would probably still win their remaining fixtures :)

tevez

Cullyhanna Pearse Ogs Under 21 game changed to Wednesday night. Think Cullyhanna had to give up home venue. Game now in Ballymacnab

illdecide

i know the clans didn't field against Cross but i can't remember the 2nd time?? (give me a we reminder as i honestly can't recall it)

Clans v Tones U21 match is now tomorrow night (Friday) with a 7:30 throw in
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

altovito

i heard on the grapevine today that crossmaglen will not be playing any more league games this year. concentrating on the ulster championship on nov 4th against monaghan team

Onion Bag

Well, If they dont field, Will they be relegated automatically?

DMarsden

That'll be them relegated then? well it will be if big balls brady follows through on what he's been threatening every other club.

Onion Bag

Jasus that would be some turn up fo the books, the reigning Club All Ireland champions playing division 2 football