Shankill Bombing

Started by omagh_gael, October 25, 2018, 10:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jim Bob on October 29, 2018, 09:30:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2018, 06:21:25 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on October 29, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
Nationalists had to fear from Provos, loyalists and British Army.
Anyone of those groups would have thought nothing of putting a bullet into any nationalist's head

I didn't fear the provos, and I'd no fear of the Brits, now if I had have joined the RA I'd have given anyone one of those groups a reason to put a bullet into my head for various reasons..

Ooooh you are sooo hard.......

Many Nationalists feared the Provos For various reasons

No jim, daft sweeping statements make you look silly..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jim Bob

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2018, 10:23:38 PM
Anyone of those groups would have thought nothing of putting a bullet into any nationalist's head

I didn't fear the provos, and I'd no fear of the Brits, now if I had have joined the RA I'd have given anyone one of those groups a reason to put a bullet into my head for various reasons..

My statements are facts. Grew up during the troubles in a nationalist/republican area. Saw a lot of their actions against the nationalist community at close hand. Thankfully the majority of nationalists   chose not to vote for them during their campaign. It was only when they threw in the towel and embraced exclusively peaceful politics that they secured the majority Nationalist vote

general_lee

Fact or not there'd have been no provos if it wasn't for british policy and misrule in Ireland

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jim Bob on October 29, 2018, 11:00:03 PM

My statements are facts. Grew up during the troubles in a nationalist/republican area. Saw a lot of their actions against the nationalist community at close hand. Thankfully the majority of nationalists   chose not to vote for them during their campaign. It was only when they threw in the towel and embraced exclusively peaceful politics that they secured the majority Nationalist vote

So the nationalist in  your area felt under siege from the IRA? And would have been killed just as quick as a loyalist gang or intimidated the Brit's on patrol? Where did you grow up? Cork?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jim Bob

Grew up in East Tyrone so I witnessed a lot. The Provos intimidated and physically attacked anyone who were prepared to speak out against them. Sure they even blew up the  centre of Coalisland in 1986 just to level an aul police barracks. Many local nationalist residents got their houses and businesses wrecked that night. Did the Provos care? Not a jot. They cared nothing about ordinary nationalist people. Thank God they threw in the towel.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Jim Bob on October 29, 2018, 11:00:03 PM

That is incorrect, SF's vote started to rise from the "Armlite and Ballot Box" strategy devised by Danny Morrison. The voting patterns of both communities in NI is much more complex than provo good provo bad. I voted SF through out the troubles not because I supported violence but as a reaction to the active denial by the state of my rights and identity. I never did nor do I now support the use of arms. But one thing I am sure of is that Unionism and the British would not have signed up to the GFA if it hadn't been for the violence. They are not capable of recognising the rights of others and their one dimensional veiw of the north since partition is reflected sadly in some of the holier than thou comments on here.

general_lee

Quote from: Jim Bob on October 30, 2018, 12:11:55 AM
Grew up in East Tyrone so I witnessed a lot. The Provos intimidated and physically attacked anyone who were prepared to speak out against them. Sure they even blew up the  centre of Coalisland in 1986 just to level an aul police barracks. Many local nationalist residents got their houses and businesses wrecked that night. Did the Provos care? Not a jot. They cared nothing about ordinary nationalist people. Thank God they threw in the towel.
I may be wrong here but I think the provos are held in quite high esteem in east tyrone

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2018, 10:02:10 AM
Quote from: general_lee on October 30, 2018, 10:00:40 AM
I may be wrong here but I think the provos are held in quite high esteem in east tyrone
Obviously. Sure they bombed Coalisland in 1986.

What town wasn't affected by a bomb?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2018, 10:17:43 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2018, 10:12:19 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2018, 10:02:10 AM
Quote from: general_lee on October 30, 2018, 10:00:40 AM
Obviously. Sure they bombed Coalisland in 1986.

What town wasn't affected by a bomb?
Whoosh!

My post was for Jim! should have unquoted you  ;)

Applesisapples

Waiting on Nolan's programme on Greysteel and rory and Gerard Cairns....waiting......waiting...

Dire Ear

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 31, 2018, 09:28:31 AM
Waiting on Nolan's programme on Greysteel and rory and Gerard Cairns....waiting......waiting...
Was it mentioned?

JoG2

Quote from: Dire Ear on October 31, 2018, 11:48:37 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 31, 2018, 09:28:31 AM
Was it mentioned?

Greysteel was yesterday, interviews etc