Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoofer

Jim Bob

Smart IPTV down ? Or is it just mine ?

Boycey

Mine was struggling last night but I put it down to my provider having trouble rather than the app?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Boycey on November 04, 2018, 05:56:31 PM
Mine was struggling last night but I put it down to my provider having trouble rather than the app?

Just got word that some bollocks did the wrong thing and had led to it being blocked.

Dougal Maguire

I've got a Digibit VPN however it won't work on the zGemma and doesn't seem to be able to stop buffering on Firestick.
Careful now

Jim Bob

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 04, 2018, 06:20:10 PM
Quote from: Boycey on November 04, 2018, 05:56:31 PM

Just got word that some bollocks did the wrong thing and had led to it being blocked.

Latest ... back working except for live premiership

Itchy

Smart iptv and smart stb having issues lately. Some talk of newer smart tv's not going to allow them to be installed. We may all have to get a box eventually.

Solo_run

Quote from: Itchy on November 04, 2018, 11:39:10 PM
Smart iptv and smart stb having issues lately. Some talk of newer smart tv's not going to allow them to be installed. We may all have to get a box eventually.

Tried side loading apps?

lurganblue

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 04, 2018, 05:34:59 PM
Smart IPTV down ? Or is it just mine ?

Its been a complete ballix of late. going to have to dig the firestick out me thinks.

general

dont know why you arent using it full time lurganblue.

The system I have is 100%. Rarely messes about and if it does there are a host of backups.

We have 2 tvs running in the house via firestick - had zgemma which was ok but firestick is twice that.

Itchy

Quote from: Solo_run on November 05, 2018, 01:02:26 AM
Quote from: Itchy on November 04, 2018, 11:39:10 PM

Tried side loading apps?

I've a mag 322, great box, so dont need it. Works perfect with my sub which is bullet proof.

lurganblue

Quote from: general on November 05, 2018, 01:33:23 PM
dont know why you arent using it full time lurganblue.

The system I have is 100%. Rarely messes about and if it does there are a host of backups.

We have 2 tvs running in the house via firestick - had zgemma which was ok but firestick is twice that.

Ah it's just laziness really.  Didn't need it with the smart tv so just didnt bother with it.

Boycey

I'd have a different opinion, firestick very good as a back-up/portable device but give me a hardwired device anyway.

Smart-stb doesn't seem to be struggling nearly as much as SmartIPTV at present but both their days do seem to be numbered

Dougal Maguire

What's the benefit of hardwired. I've an Android with one of those Ethernet through the electric plug set ups. Have moved it to Wi-fi and I find it much better.
Careful now

Boycey

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 05, 2018, 05:44:58 PM
What's the benefit of hardwired. I've an Android with one of those Ethernet through the electric plug set ups. Have moved it to Wi-fi and I find it much better.

Just personal choice I guess, but if you go to the help section with your provider probably the 1st troubleshooting advice you will get is 'try a wired connection'. It's possible your Android box itself was the problem not the way it was connected?