FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Ya, I'd go along with that but I don't see Delaney and co getting half the grief they should but maybe that's out there and I'm not seeing it. Maybe people are resigned to him being in charge.

Think your summing up of TOD and MON isn't far off at all.

Tommie Gorman has a lot to answer for.

general_lee

Quote from: Syferus on January 24, 2018, 10:45:40 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 24, 2018, 10:42:50 PM
MON shouldn't have carried any acrimony from previous interviews into today, made himself look very petty imo. As they said on OTB, he should realise that he's not just speaking to TOD in these interviews

He knows well and couldn't give a flying fûck what the Irish public think. The open courting of Stoke tells you that much.
Would you ever f**k up, if he was from Roscommon you'd be on a hard on every time he was on the tv

Syferus

Quote from: general_lee on January 25, 2018, 01:52:54 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 24, 2018, 10:45:40 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 24, 2018, 10:42:50 PM
MON shouldn't have carried any acrimony from previous interviews into today, made himself look very petty imo. As they said on OTB, he should realise that he's not just speaking to TOD in these interviews

He knows well and couldn't give a flying fûck what the Irish public think. The open courting of Stoke tells you that much.
Would you ever f**k up, if he was from Roscommon you'd be on a hard on every time he was on the tv

That's one hell of a bendy line you've drawn.

Cunny Funt

You lose 5-1 in a very important game at home and you are told "hard luck" in a way i can see why O'Neill would be a little pissed off. Tony O'Donoghue seems to be another gimmick created by RTE and I'm sure plenty will be tuned in for his next interview...

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 25, 2018, 02:44:12 PM
You lose 5-1 in a very important game at home and you are told "hard luck" in a way i can see why O'Neill would be a little pissed off. Tony O'Donoghue seems to be another gimmick created by RTE and I'm sure plenty will be tuned in for his next interview...

What are you even on about? MON has had it in for Tony since he had the gaul to suggest the style of football he was playing was poor weeks earlier - it is comically poor, so he was doing the usual Tony thing and sugar-coating it even then.

The idea this is some ratings thing is amazing given there isn't a single human being who has said "let's turn on RTE to see the post-match manger's interview" in their life. If anything it's pretty obvious that Tony desperately wants to have a good relationship with MON but that he's too petulant to oblige.

macdanger2

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 24, 2018, 11:10:10 PM
The questions are usually inane, repetitive and meaningless. Even today he repeated himself. After the Wales game O'Neill paid a big tribute to McClean and a few minutes later TOD ask him....tell us about this guy beside you (McClean)....pure idiocy.

True but he gains nothing by getting annoyed about the questioning whereas TOD/RTÉ potentially do (by creating a "talking point"). Whatever about getting p*ssed off in the aftermath of losing, yesterday and after a win, he should be able to deal with that sort of thing

John Delaney does get off Scot free but he's not interviewed that often and there is a certain sense of resignation about him being in charge.

LooseCannon

Ciarán Mullooly for RTÉ soccer correspondent.

Bord na Mona man

Martin O'Neill comes across as childish and petty all right.
But I reckon TOD conducts the interviews to give the guys back in studio something to feast on.

Dunphy would have no qualms about pushing him under the bus if he gave soft soap interviews. I remember he gave George Hamilton and Jim Beglin dog's abuse years ago for supposedly cheerleadering a Man Utd win over Inter Milan that he thought was awful.

Syferus

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on January 26, 2018, 04:31:16 PM
Martin O'Neill comes across as childish and petty all right.
But I reckon TOD conducts the interviews to give the guys back in studio something to feast on.

Dunphy would have no qualms about pushing him under the bus if he gave soft soap interviews. I remember he gave George Hamilton and Jim Beglin dog's abuse years ago for supposedly cheerleadering a Man Utd win over Inter Milan that he thought was awful.

Mores the fool you if you think that even factors into what are very standard questions to ask MON. Too much attempts to make it into an RTÉ conspiracy when it is simply a case that MON has very thin skin.

The Subbie

I see Delaney and the lads are looking for €500k to play the Aussies in a friendly.
In a delicious twist of fate , the FFA , who somehow manage to make the FAI look competent , can't manage to flog the Idea of a pre World Cup warm up match for mega bucks to any of the Australian state capitals
Is it the big $$ required to keep Delaney and the lads in clover or the thoughts of the best fans in the world (tm) rampaging around lifting litter and serenading nuns ??
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-asking-price-could-deny-fans-socceroos-world-cup-farewell-friendly-20180201-h0s1rk.html

Main Street

I see Derry city are back playing in the Brandywell after some refurbishment.

There's a really good video produced by the club to mark the occasion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=ioAN4HZOVXo

An Watcher

I see Michael O'Neill is looking for some sort of gentleman's agreement over players not being able to declare for the republic.  I hope Martin tells him where to go

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: An Watcher on March 06, 2018, 08:15:30 PM
I see Michael O'Neill is looking for some sort of gentleman's agreement over players not being able to declare for the republic.  I hope Martin tells him where to go

That's not what he's is looking for. He asking for be an agreement that the republicnot to pick players that have played U-21 for Northern Ireland.

Reasonable request for him to make.

/Jim

Syferus

Quote from: An Watcher on March 06, 2018, 08:15:30 PM

Drink does tend to affect one's cognitive functions..

No dice.

Therealdonald

He is smoking something funny if he thinks that's gonna happen