Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Pet python kills girl, 2
1 hour 40 mins ago

A family has been left distraught after their huge pet Burmese python escaped from its cage and strangled their two-year-old to death.
Pet snake escapes and strangles child to death

Shaiunna Hare was already dead when paramedics arrived at the Florida home which kept the snake as a pet.

Charles Jason Darnell, the snake's owner and the boyfriend of Shaiunna's mother, discovered the 8 feet long (2.4 metres) snake missing from its tank and rushed to the girl's room.

He found "the snake on the child" and bite marks on her head. Darnell, 32, stabbed the snake until he was able to pry the child away.

Darnell did not have a permit for the snake. He has not been charged, but authorities said investigators are looking into whether there was child neglect or if any other laws were broken.

Burmese pythons are not native to Florida, but they easily survive in the wild and a population has taken hold in the Everglades. One even burst after trying to eat an alligator.

Some owners have freed pythons into the wild and scientists also believe a number of Burmese pythons escaped in 1992 from pet shops battered by Hurricane Andrew and have been reproducing since.

The Humane Society of the United States said including Wednesday's death, at least 12 people had been killed in the US by pet pythons since 1980, including five children.
Tbc....

leenie

Dublin homes flooded after torrential rain
listen Thursday, 2 July 2009 13:31

Several homes in north Dublin have been flooded following torrential overnight rain.

Some 15 days of average rainfall was recorded at Dublin Airport in one hour. However, the airport remains open.

Flooding on roads, which caused major traffic disruptions earlier, has subsided in many parts of Dublin.
Advertisement

Some roads around Dublin are still affected and a full DART service has not been restored.

Around 20 residents of Clanmoyle Road, Donneycarney, were evacuated because of severe flooding.

The basements of the houses filled with flood water, which then overflowed. Walls in the gardens collapsed.

Residents say they were still recovering from last year when their homes flooded following heavy rainfall.

In the inner city, another 20 residents had to leave their apartments on Sherrard Street.

The Mater Misericordiae Hospital in Dublin is asking the public not to attend its A&E Department, which remains closed because of the flooding.

A roof collapsed in the old part of the hospital and patients had to be moved from one ward.

It said people with outpatient appointments today should attend as normal, while those who are scheduled to have elective surgery should contact the hospital before leaving their home to check if their appointment has been affected.

The Fire Brigade also attended a house in Monkstown, Co Dublin, where the roof had collapsed.

Earlier, Dublin Fire Brigade asked people not to travel unless absolutely necessary after torrential overnight downpours.

It is asking people not to drive into areas where roads are flooded as there is a real risk they will become stranded.

Rail services affected

Iarnrod Éireann has said all services are running as normal again after earlier disruption due to flooding.

However, the station at Bayside has been closed due to flooding and no DARTs are stopping there.

Passengers are being asked to use Sutton or Howth Junction stations as an alternative.

Dublin Bus is accepting rail tickets.

Earlier, flooding at Dún Laoghaire disrupted services between Dalkey and Dún Laoghaire.

Early morning motorists described the worst-hit areas in Dublin as akin to 'swimming pools'.N11 closed this morning

The M1 at the entrance to the Port Tunnel was barely passable on one lane only. The other three lanes were impassable.

The N11, which was closed from Booterstown Avenue to Fosters Avenue, and the Rock Road have reopened.

Visit AA Roadwatch for the latest on road closures

Dublin City Council has said potentially any house in the capital could have flooded overnight.

A spokesman said emergency staff were on standby since a weather warning was issued by Met Éireann at 9pm and went out once rain began to fall at 2am.

The spokesman said: 'Flood waters are alleviating at the moment and the high tide is below critical level so it should not cause a huge problem.'

Torrential downpours have also been reported in parts of the south and east as well as the midlands.

The Fire Brigade is warning that if it does start to rain again problems may arise.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Iceberg

Quote from: ziggysego on July 05, 2009, 09:40:59 PM
I never had any teachers like this!!  ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfn89Jc1l_c

Damnit, where were all these sexed-up teachers when I was a kid?!
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

Gnevin

Arrow trains that come in from the further reaches of suburbia and find themselves stuck behind the Dart. Dalkey to the city centre takes 28 minutes, on a good day. In Joyce's day, it was less than 20 minutes by tram.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2009/0704/1224250018905.html

Awe the DART.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

gerry

Family's urine bid to locate dog

A family who tried to lure back a lost dog by leaving a trail of their urine on streets near their home have been criticised by the city council.

The Baltesz family, of Clifton, Bristol, lost their 10-year-old pet labrador Simon on the night of 4 July.

When Simon failed to return, the family chose their unorthodox method.

A Bristol City Council spokeswoman said: "We would not consider this to be a good idea from an environmental health point of view."

Louise Baltesz, 43, said the whole family had been "chipping in" to help lay down the scent trail.

She said she was aware of criticism aimed at the family, but they were willing to do anything to get Simon back.

'Very diluted'

"There are people who are upset about it, but I'm too emotionally drained to think about it," she said. "I'm worried about it - I really am.

"If everyone peed in the street it would be disgusting, wouldn't it? But it's very, very diluted."

Jonathan Baltesz, 44, wife Louise, and children Henry, 15 and Clara, 13
The family said they were desperate to get Simon back

Mrs Baltesz said the idea for the scent trail came from a website which offered a range of advice to owners of missing dogs.

She said: "I do feel mad doing it, but I'm driven to desperate measures.

"Apparently it's quite a normal way of doing it. You just put a little bit in a bottle and then top it up with water.

"You put some smelly food down, they come towards the food and then catch the scent [of the urine]. You only have to do it once. We've left two trails."

'Owner's scent'

The family have put up "missing" posters and have received several possible sightings of Simon, who is described as "not very approachable" and naturally timid.

But a vet at a nearby practice was less than optimistic the plan would succeed.

Ian Wills, from the nearby Zetland Veterinary Hospital in Bristol, said: "I think it's an interesting idea but I would be pleasantly surprised if it worked.

"When a dog wanders off from home they will generally wander back when they have had enough.

"If the dog was going to follow the owner's scent it would be from something they wore, like a jumper. Unless they have an incontinence problem."

A Bristol City Council spokeswoman said it was unlikely the authority would take any action against the family.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/8143103.stm
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Square Ball

Leg-cutting funeral home to close 

A judge in the US state of South Carolina has ordered the closure of a funeral home where an employee cut off the legs of a 6ft 7in (2m) body.

The worker used an electric saw to sever James Hines's legs at the calf to make his body fit the coffin in 2004.

The owner had contested the revocation of his licence, saying he was absent when the incident happened and pointing to an otherwise unblemished record.

But after a brief hearing, the judge confirmed the business should close.

Earlier this year the owner of the funeral parlour in Allendale admitted that his father, who helped with cleaning and embalming bodies, had sawn off Mr Hines's legs.

The admission came after a former employee told police about the incident, four years after it happened.

In April South Carolina's funeral board exhumed the body and found the severed legs in the coffin.

Mr Hines has since been reburied in another coffin.

From the BBC
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

muppet

MWWSI 2017

illdecide

Quote from: ziggysego on July 05, 2009, 09:40:59 PM
I never had any teachers like this!!  ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfn89Jc1l_c

I don't see any problem...excellent DVD. If my French teacher had have give me one of her like that...sure it would have been w**king material for ever :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pintsofguinness

Quote from: muppet on July 15, 2009, 01:54:18 AM
Stingy restaurants:

The sausages need put under the grill for another while
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on July 14, 2009, 11:00:18 PM
A programme on about the Crown bar. They have this clairvoyant in. She is "blind from birth". She is getting messages from a man named Patrick. She says, "he has dark hair and is about 5 foot 8. I don't know anything about how blind people 'view' things so this might be dead on but Jesus Christ........
Have seen yer woman before. She wouldn't be the most convincing.

full back