Clubs that won two league titles in two years

Started by irish345, June 18, 2019, 10:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Ball Hopper on June 19, 2019, 12:13:34 AM
Kerry's Ardfert go one better...winning All-Ireland Junior title in 2006 and All-Ireland Intermediate in 2007

It's been well documented here that Kerry's All Ireland Junior and Intermediate All Ireland hold no weight due to Kerry having only 8 senior teams!

irish345

how does tyrone championship work i thought i thought it was the 16 teams in the league get to play in it does the team that wins intermediate get to play in it aswell who gets replaced or does the team that win intermediate championship get promoted to senior league next season no matter where they finished in intermediate league

general_lee

Armagh re-structured leagues about 5/6 years ago which saw division 4 custodians like Annaghmore and Forkhill go onto play Division 1/Senior football in a short space of time. Annaghmore still hanging in there, forkhill are back down to junior

scout

Quote from: irish345 on June 19, 2019, 11:18:54 AM
how does tyrone championship work i thought i thought it was the 16 teams in the league get to play in it does the team that wins intermediate get to play in it aswell who gets replaced or does the team that win intermediate championship get promoted to senior league next season no matter where they finished in intermediate league

16 teams.

If you win intermediate championship, you play in senior league & championship (automatic promotion regardless of league position) the following season. 2 teams definitely get promoted/relegated, with possibly a 3rd team depending on playoff results.

Same with junior/intermediate.

TabClear

Quote from: irish345 on June 19, 2019, 11:18:54 AM

Championship in Tyrone aligns with the leagues. Diz 1 teams play senior championship, Div 2 play intermediate etc. There is no crossover. The team that wins the Intermediate or Junior championship automatically gets promoted irrespective of final league position. Killyman for example finished bottom of Div 2 but won the Intermediate Championship and as such got promoted to play in division 1 the following year. Had they lost the championship final they would have played in Div 3 the following year instead.