Laois County Football Leagues all chat in here

Started by Unlaoised, February 18, 2016, 11:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Killeen v Mountmellick or Kilcotton in Division 4 final.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Results

ACFL Div 1 1A
23/06/2016

Arles/Killeen       0-7
The Heath          1-16   

Graiguecullen     5-9
Portlaoise           2-4     

Stradbally          3-13
Arles Kilcruise     2-7 

St Joseph's   v  Portarlington  --  Conceded by Portarlington   

ACFL Div 1 1B
23/06/2016

Ballyroan Abbey  1-20
Timahoe             0-9

Crettyard            2-5
Mountmellick      1-11   

Killeshin             1-13
Ballylinan            2-9   
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Heshs Umpire

Division 2 semis were finalised last night - Annanough will play Park Ratheniska and Portlaoise v Courtwood.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

SCFC

Mountmellick v Killeen in the Division 4 final.
Crettyard v Courtwood or Clonaslee in the Division 5 final.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Last Night's Results

ACFL Div 1 1A
30/06/2016

Arles Kilcruise  1-11
Arles/Killeen     0-8

Stradbally        0-9
Graiguecullen   1-7

The Heath       1-13
St Joseph's      1-08

Portarlington  v Portlaoise.  Conceded by Portarlington   

ACFL Div 1 1B
30/06/2016

Ballylinan              2-8
Ballyroan Abbey     1-9

Emo                     3-5
Mountmellick        0-14

Killeshin               0-11
Crettyard              2-9

Timahoe  v  O'Dempseys.      Conceded by Timahoe 
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

SCFC

Kilcavan win the Division 3 title beating Barrowhouse 4-8 to 2-8 in the final today.

Joeythelips

Kilcavan only played 5 of their 10 games, (others were walkovers), and when they get to the final its not even in O'moore Park, not that Kilcavan or Barrowhouse would have cared but seems like the county board sometimes do not care much for the smaller rural clubs, bit like the way GAA treat Laois.

Downtheroad

Quote from: Joeythelips on July 04, 2016, 12:49:08 PM
Kilcavan only played 5 of their 10 games, (others were walkovers), and when they get to the final its not even in O'moore Park, not that Kilcavan or Barrowhouse would have cared but seems like the county board sometimes do not care much for the smaller rural clubs, bit like the way GAA treat Laois.

In fairness to the Co board, practically no league finals in any division get played in O'Moore Park.

Joeythelips

Quote from: Downtheroad on July 04, 2016, 09:24:34 PM

In fairness to the Co board, practically no league finals in any division get played in O'Moore Park.

I can imagine its not easy but its in microcosm of what is eating away at the GAA, O'Moore Park is needed for inter county games, the club teams who sell the tickets to pay for the bloody thing should be greatful to play in any filed out the road. Barrowhouse and Kilcavan are clubs with small communities who are trying to build for the future and they are not regulars when it comes to county finals or league finals so when they do get there the least they deserve is to have it at the county grounds. Its not the end of the world and I am sure people and players from both clubs were delighted to be competing for silverware so could not care where it was played but our county board should be looking at this and trying to help promote the game.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Joeythelips on July 05, 2016, 08:21:48 AM

I can imagine its not easy but its in microcosm of what is eating away at the GAA, O'Moore Park is needed for inter county games, the club teams who sell the tickets to pay for the bloody thing should be greatful to play in any filed out the road. Barrowhouse and Kilcavan are clubs with small communities who are trying to build for the future and they are not regulars when it comes to county finals or league finals so when they do get there the least they deserve is to have it at the county grounds. Its not the end of the world and I am sure people and players from both clubs were delighted to be competing for silverware so could not care where it was played but our county board should be looking at this and trying to help promote the game.

I see what you are saying. But then these two clubs are unlikely to bring huge crowds to a league final.
We give out about all of our main championship games taking place in OMP with small crowds and no atmosphere. There are plenty of good pitches around the county now.

On the hurling side of the county I love to see games in the likes of Rathdowney, Colt, Mountrath, Abbeyleix, Ballacolla and Durrow. Even Shanahoe although the pitch and dressing rooms aren't great. There can be great atmospheres at these games, less hassle with parking etc.
Also the collection of money and stewarding is all done voluntarily and organised by the club.

The club makes a few pound from the gate and are given the chance to show off their facilities. These games usually attract a decent local crowd too.

I agree with league finals being played around the county. More championship games should be too.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Heshs Umpire

The Division 3 final was in O'Moore Park last year. It would have been better in a club ground, there was almost no atmosphere at it.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

SCFC

Killeen won Division 4 final beat Mountmellick in final. Clonalsee v Cretty in Division 5 final.

Saint75

Quick Question: could anyone explain why the league semi-finals at the weekend consisted of the top 2 teams from division 1A (Div 1) and the top 2 teams from division 1B (Div 2). Seems crazy especially when both division 1B teams got beaten well.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Saint75 on July 11, 2016, 10:43:11 AM
Quick Question: could anyone explain why the league semi-finals at the weekend consisted of the top 2 teams from division 1A (Div 1) and the top 2 teams from division 1B (Div 2). Seems crazy especially when both division 1B teams got beaten well.
Cant explain but its a solid joke. Two teams get relegated and they could win Div 1 leage next year.Laois GAA solution to a percieved problem with not enough games for clubs.
I tossed on which game i'd attend on friday evening and the Josephs/O Dempseys game flipped up. The game itself was a stinker and how ODs have fallen so low beats me.The nearly beat(should have) Portlaoise in a championship semi a couple of years ago. I Know they were missing a few and i'm told Josephs were also missing 7or 8 but they were no more then a good junior team. Totally unfit, no desire or passion. Josephs won pulling up but the Heath in the final will be different animal

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: The Monument Road on July 11, 2016, 12:59:33 PMhow ODs have fallen so low beats me.

Here's a symptom of it anyway. This is U14B. B, not A.

08-07-2016   18:30   SPINK   7 - 33   VS   0 - 0   O'DEMPSEYS   SPINK COMMUNITY FIELD   ANTHONY STAPLETON