Who do you think will win the Sam "08" - excluding Kerry

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, May 12, 2008, 02:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will get to the AIF and have a chance of winning Sam "08" - excluding Kerry?

Armagh
Dublin
Monaghan
Mayo
Donegal
Cork
Tyrone
Galway
Derry
Meath
Down
Roscommon
Fermanagh
Louth
Kildare
Westmeath
Sligo
Laois
Wexford
Waterford

billy the kid

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 12, 2008, 03:47:37 PM
Only meself voting for Donegal so far - we're always better for being the underdog anyway.  :P

See you in the first round G.  Should be a good game hope both teams try to play football and dont go all negative like Armagh Tyrone would.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

screenexile

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 12, 2008, 03:51:12 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 12, 2008, 03:47:37 PM
Only meself voting for Donegal so far - we're always better for being the underdog anyway.  :P

In fairness Ulster looks fascinating this year with so many teams fancying their chances.

Bar Down, Antrim, Cavan and Fermanagh, everyone else has realistic Ulster title aims.

I fancy Fermanagh to cause a stir in this year's championship and definitely wouldn't have them down with that lot! You can swap them with Tyrone :D

billy the kid

Think your being a bit sore on Tyrone their exile and remember they are on the weak side of the draw :o :o

Think Fermanagh will give that crowd of savages from Monaghan a run for it though and will probably be waiting on the winners of Derry/Donegal in the semis.

And your def right I wouldnt have Fermanagh down there with that crowd.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

his holiness nb

apologies to Fermanagh, havent seen much of them this year so might have been a wee bit unfair on them.
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

Jaysis i know Laois haven't a hope but Louth,Kildare,Roscommon and Sligo are ya having a laugh putting them in instead of Laois ?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

his holiness nb

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 12, 2008, 05:07:15 PM
Jaysis i know Laois haven't a hope but Louth,Kildare,Roscommon and Sligo are ya having a laugh putting them in instead of Laois ?

Sounds about right, but maybe a bit unfair on the Connaught champions lumping them in with serial dissapointers Laois  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

I think Tyrone will give Sam a good run for the money this year. At least according to my sources ;) *coughs*

That said, I've a feeling Dublin is going to come out on top and claim Sam.
Testing Accessibility

illdecide

Quote from: ziggysego on May 12, 2008, 05:20:03 PM
I think Tyrone will give Sam a good run for the money this year. At least according to my sources ;) *coughs*

Dublin couldn't beat Casey's drum ;) :D Haven't the belly for it
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

his holiness nb

Quote from: illdecide on May 12, 2008, 05:26:49 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 12, 2008, 05:20:03 PM

Dublin couldn't beat Casey's drum ;) :D Haven't the belly for it

Well it took Kerry to stop us last year. Ulsters best couldnt do it  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Jinxy

Lads, put the house (and I mean the WHOLE HOUSE) on Cork to beat Kerry in Munster this year. Kerry will not win the All-Ireland. I think there are a number of teams who would give them a serious rattle in Croker. Look at last year, scraped by Monaghan by a point, the Dubs by 2 and then Cork collapsed catastrophically in the final. You'd think they were the Harlem Globetrotters the way some people go on about them. The last closely contested All-Ireland final Kerry won was in 2000. Some would say "It hasn't been a contest since because they are so good." More to do with Mayo and Cork rolling over for them in 2004, 2006 & 2007 if you ask me. They were both beaten before the ball was even thrown in.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Doire abú

Derry would've beaten Dublin last year but for the referee. No bitterness though, we missed chances to beat youse anyway.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

thejuice

Quote from: Jinxy on May 12, 2008, 05:30:05 PM
The last closely contested All-Ireland final Kerry won was in 2002.

You mean the last closely contested All-Ireland Kerry won was 2000 Vs Galway.

Anyhoo, by my reckoning they will need to be beat before the final, they seem to up a gear for each stage and I reckon like last year someone just needs that extra push in the closing stages to put them out. I dont think they are unbeatable but they will take a hell of an effort to beat. But you never know, anyone can have an off day even Kerry.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

his holiness nb

Quote from: Doire abú on May 12, 2008, 05:32:05 PM
Derry would've beaten Dublin last year but for the referee. No bitterness though, we missed chances to beat youse anyway.
;D ;D

Everyone would have beaten us in every game we ever played in but for the referee according to ye lot!

The ref me hole, Stephen Cluxton was the reason you didnt beat us last year.
Ask me holy bollix

tyssam5

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 12, 2008, 05:41:33 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on May 12, 2008, 05:32:05 PM
;D ;D

Everyone would have beaten us in every game we ever played in but for the referee according to ye lot!

The ref me hole, Stephen Cluxton was the reason you didnt beat us last year.

Eoin Bradley contrbiuted well to Dublin's cause in that game too if remember rightly.