The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

He is Brazilian, from the hotbed of Gremio, same as Ronaldinho.

corn02

I am corrected, second most promosing South American I meant.

I can't find any word of a press conference?

corn02

Right I am getting mixed up. I am talking about Leto who you probably don't even know we have. He is an Argentine Winger who World Soccer Magazine rated Argentinas second best youngster behind Messi.

Mentalman

Quote from: corn02 on June 19, 2007, 12:45:57 PM
Right I am getting mixed up. I am talking about Leto who you probably don't even know we have. He is an Argentine Winger who World Soccer Magazine rated Argentinas second best youngster behind Messi.

Here's the boy:

Argentine Starlet Leto Relishing Liverpool Chance

The young Atletico Lanus winger is relishing the prospect of playing for Liverpool, who have reportedly struck a deal with the Argentine club.

Liverpool have reportedly signed the prodigious winger from Lanus for just under $4 million, and loaned him back to the club for the rest of the season.

While any action alongside Gerrard and company will have to wait for next season, the starlet was confident about the prospect of representing the Reds.

"I am calm," said Leto. "Liverpool are a club with a lot of history, but I do not fear the challenge.

"I have not spoken with Benitez, but I have seen a lot of Premiership games on television.

"I'm a winger who likes to counter-attack. I don't anticipate struggling to adapt to life in England."

The 20-year-old Argentine is rated as one of the best young wingers in Argentina at the moment, and Benitez, who is looking for quality width on the pitch, jumped at the opportunity of landing him on the cheap.

Leto has played 34 games for Lanus since breaking into the first team, scoring six times.

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=206921
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

The Real SlimShady

time to show Kewell & Gonzalez the door. 'mon the 'pool.

wif united dippin in2 the transfer market already liverpool will hada buy some quality pronto.

Fr Ted

Rafa seems to be gettin his way buy improving the young players at the club, but he would still need to buy a couple of big hitters if the pool are to contest the league.

IMO the following need to be shown the door

J dudek - past his best
H Kewell - never done it for the pool
Gonzalez - i think he is already gone
Aurello - not good enough
Crouch - same as above
Pennat - sane as above
Bellamy - same as above
Zenden - would'nt get on Linfiled
Le Tellac - same as above
Cisse - nut case- anger issues
Pongolle - disaster

mooncatiii

Quote from: Fr Ted on June 19, 2007, 04:01:49 PM
Rafa seems to be gettin his way buy improving the young players at the club, but he would still need to buy a couple of big hitters if the pool are to contest the league.

J dudek - past his best
Crouch - same as above
Pennat - sane as above
Bellamy - same as above
Pongolle - disaster

fr ted to sell all these players would be stupid! for example aurello was beginning to come good when he got, kewell last season before the world cup was in very good form and even at the end of this year, and if u sell these 2 then who is your cover on the left side?  crouch, dnt no what the lad has to do to prove himself  if u look at his goals/starts ratio im sure its as good as any1s in th country!  and as for pennant, did u watch the champions league semi final when he did what very few players do, in keep ashley cole defending for most of the match.  then in the champions league final; he was r man of the match.  fair enough first half of the season he was poor but he has came good and i would have him startin next season!

but the rest i agree pongolle, cisse, le tallec, zenden bellamy and dudek to go!   
shazam

stiffler

Quote from: Fr Ted on June 19, 2007, 04:01:49 PM

J dudek - past his best
Crouch - same as above
Pennat - sane as above
Bellamy - same as above
Pongolle - disaster

Keep Pennant, Crouch and Aurello; the others are either on their way out or have left liverpool all together.

What happened this press conference that was supposed to be today?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Fr Ted

Lads, ask yourself this question would pennant , crouch or aurello make the Utd or chelski teams, not a hope in hell.

Plain and simply we need a better quality players.

IMO that these 3 are not, maybe ok for mid table teams, but not for title contenders

Mentalman

J dudek - past his best
Crouch - same as above
Pennat - sane as above
Bellamy - same as above
Pongolle - disaster

Wouldn't disagree necessarily except to say...

Aurelio - was disastorous towards the start of the season, but was really showing some quality crossing just when he got injured, and was linking up well with Riise. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, a South American getting used to the Premiership, I thought he was coming around. IMHO he's no worse an option than Riise, who's got plenty of heart but not much technical ability. Aurelio seems technically sound, the bottle is still quesitonable. But on the premise that you don't need squad players, you need 22 starters you are probably correct.

Mark Gonzalez - I think he is worth at least a fraction of the time wasted on Kewell over the years. After all the struggle to get him to dispose of him after his opening season seems a bit odd. Leads me to believe the coaching staff see some other problem there - attitude or personality, not doing as he's asked on the pitch, or some such. Pity really, thought he could be an exciting addition after seeing some of his games for Sociedad
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

mooncatiii

Quote from: Fr Ted on June 19, 2007, 05:29:25 PM
Lads, ask yourself this question would pennant , crouch or aurello make the Utd or chelski teams, not a hope in hell.

Plain and simply we need a better quality players.

IMO that these 3 are not, maybe ok for mid table teams, but not for title contenders

on last season efforts not many players would make uniteds side! but as for chleseas then some of them probably would.  so would u have had shevchenko last season? so i think crouch would have made the chelsea team!  and pennant on his end of season form probably would make it as well, he tortured chelsea in the two games at anfield this season! 

and aurellio on his form before he got injured or evra? who would you pick? 

my point is these players r very good players and should be kept at the club lets not forget aurellio and pennant r still very young.  but in my opinion we r a world class left winger and striker of a great side!  bar slow starts th past 2 years we would have been serious title contenders
shazam

The Real Laoislad

Former Liverpool Legend :D Abel Xavier has signed with LA Galaxy.Maybe this is old news but it's the first i heard of it..He made his debut on sunday
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

it's pretty old LL - especially for us MLS heads

The Real Laoislad

Its because i come from a landlocked county it takes ages for news to reach us!! How's that Berlin wall coming along is it knocked yet ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

I had heard this before alright, but now that you mention it - Lalas and Xavier in the one club??? Holy Shite, Vidal Sassoon will have a stroke.