Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Quote from: stew on October 16, 2007, 01:35:40 PM
Orior got banned for typing two words on a thread asking what the new stadium should be named.......................orior wanted to name it 'the orange bowl' and was promptly banned. Those hoors have absolutely no sense of humour at all at all.

You cannot mention the GAA over there unless it is in the ' other sports, even gaa section'.

Poor old Orior - perhaps he just has the "wrong" sense of humour, since someone else suggested naming it the "Sands Siro" without getting banned!

And you can actually mention GAA in other sections if it's relevant*, but like this Board with its "Official Thread" policy, they like to keep it in one section.

* - It also helps if it is in derogatory terms!  :D)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

deiseach

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 16, 2007, 01:54:18 PM
Poor old Orior - perhaps he just has the "wrong" sense of humour, since someone else suggested naming it the "Sands Siro" without getting banned!

I think that is stew's point

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: tintin25 on October 12, 2007, 05:06:15 PM
I definitely think that the Gaaboard is more accomodating to OWC follower's than the other way round...why is this? I registered an account on OWC only to have it deleted for making a light-hearted joke with regard to the vacant Manager's job (At the time). I just posted a message saying how I felt Joe Kernan should be in the running as he had a successful tenure with the Armagh team. lol. I had barely sent the message and some dick of an admin loses the bap with me!! Fcuk sake like. Take a joke. At least the users here seem to take abit of banter!  :P

Orior got banned for typing two words on a thread asking what the new stadium should be named.......................orior wanted to name it 'the orange bowl' and was promptly banned. Those hoors have absolutely no sense of humour at all at all.

You cannot mention the GAA over there unless it is in the ' other sports, even gaa section'.

Yes you can. Admittedly only if you're complaining about or slating the GAA though. ;D

Orior

Quote from: tintin25 on October 12, 2007, 05:06:15 PM
I definitely think that the Gaaboard is more accomodating to OWC follower's than the other way round...why is this? I registered an account on OWC only to have it deleted for making a light-hearted joke with regard to the vacant Manager's job (At the time). I just posted a message saying how I felt Joe Kernan should be in the running as he had a successful tenure with the Armagh team. lol. I had barely sent the message and some dick of an admin loses the bap with me!! Fcuk sake like. Take a joke. At least the users here seem to take abit of banter!  :P

Yes, it was a bit like getting divorced before we even got engaged. I couldnt stand the bitch anyway and I'm better off without her.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

red hander

'If by "youse boys" you mean those posters on this Board who are also fans of the NI soccer team, there is a thread on OWC'

What's the point?  You stifle debate by banning anybody that doesn't toe the party line ... bit like that funny wee moustached boyo who started World War II and is the same nationality as your beloved monarch

MW

red hander

Not to sound like a Nazi here, but Hitler considered Austria part of a Greater Germany (thus the anchluss) and considered himself 100% German ... same percentage as the Sax-Coburg-Gotha-Windsors

Evil Genius

Quote from: red hander on October 17, 2007, 10:16:24 AM
Not to sound like a Nazi here, but Hitler considered Austria part of a Greater Germany (thus the anchluss) and considered himself 100% German ... same percentage as the Sax-Coburg-Gotha-Windsors

You're not sounding like a Nazi, you're sounding like a tit. This is a thread about the Irish Football Association.  ::)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

red hander

'You're not sounding like a Nazi, you're sounding like a tit. This is a thread about the Irish Football Association. '

You're absolutely right ... C'mon Sweden, stuff the bastards...

Evil Genius

Quote from: red hander on October 17, 2007, 10:45:29 AM
'You're not sounding like a Nazi, you're sounding like a tit. This is a thread about the Irish Football Association. '

You're absolutely right ... C'mon Sweden, stuff the bastards...

Now you're sounding like a Scandinavian, which is an advance, no doubt. Any relation to "Eric the Red", red hander?  ;)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

ziggysego

Quote from: red hander on October 17, 2007, 10:16:24 AM

We're having the same arguement about Oscar Wilde and Spike Milligan in the UK's Top Wits thread ;)
Testing Accessibility

full back

How p1ssed off would you be if you travelled to Iceland to watch the team knowing they dont give a fcuk?
Baird has some cheek on him saying it none of the fans business

Chris Baird has captained Northern Ireland this year
However, the BBC's Good Morning Ulster has learned of allegations that several senior squad members engaged in late-night drinking sessions after their recent defeat in Latvia.

That was just three days before a crucial match against Iceland when the team still had a realistic prospect of making it through to their first major finals in 20 years.

One eyewitness described what happened: "We passed a McDonald's which had a serving hatch and decided to call in there for something to eat.

"We saw a taxi pull up and we recognised a couple of the Northern Ireland players stepping out, the likes of Chris Baird, Jonesy [Steve Jones] and Steve Davis.

"It was very easy to see they'd had a lot of drink on board. I had a bit of a chat with Chris Baird to say 'unlucky and good luck', but it's just disappointing to see boys stepping out of a taxi at that time of night after being beaten in such an important game and still having everything to play for.

"If that's the attitude we have, we didn't have a chance in Iceland."

Senior lecturer in Sports Science at the University of Ulster, Dr Gareth Davison, says the players' chances of recovering fully after the Latvia game would have been hampered by drinking and staying out late.

There were 2,500 people over there who would have been ever so glad to pull on a pair of boots and a green jersey for Northern Ireland - it's every boy's dream - and to see players getting on like that, it's just a bit disappointing

Northern Ireland fan

"It's vitally important that you give your body time to recover and that really involves rest and recuperation after exercise. Alcohol impairs the recovery rate."

Dr Davison says drinking and staying out to the early hours is now unacceptable at a professional level in most major sports.

"There is a big difference between amateur and professional sport. If you want to be a professional you certainly look after your nutrition, you get adequate sleep.

"If you want to stay within the amateur ranks it may be acceptable, in some cases, to stay out late and consume alcohol."

When Good Morning Ulster contacted Chris Baird to ask him about the allegations, he confirmed he had been out with his two team mates until the early hours, but added that it was "none of the fans' business".

Not so, says the fan who was in Riga that night.

"There were 2,500 people over there who would have been ever so glad to pull on a pair of boots and a green jersey for Northern Ireland - it's every boy's dream - and to see players getting on like that, it's just a bit disappointing."

Rav67

Quote from: full back on October 18, 2007, 11:25:38 AM
When Good Morning Ulster contacted Chris Baird to ask him about the allegations, he confirmed he had been out with his two team mates until the early hours, but added that it was "none of the fans' business".

Very important where you put the apostrophe here - Baird probably meant "none of the fan's business" ie the fan who was making the allegation to the media, rather than"fans' business" meaning the whole of the green and white army.  Unsuprisingly the BBC wont give him the benefit of the doubt anyway.

Great Leap Forward

The BBC were so forthcoming with the inside track on the Gillespie-McCartney row.

That has been neatly brushed over.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: full back on October 18, 2007, 11:25:38 AM
Senior lecturer in Sports Science at the University of Ulster, Dr Gareth Davison, says the players' chances of recovering fully after the Latvia game would have been hampered by drinking and staying out late.

What an absolute genius!!  :-\
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!