Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

petermce

With Division 2 starting on Saturday, what are the thoughts for the year ahead with the new league structure in place?

You, Yew and Ewe

Quote from: petermce on March 21, 2019, 11:03:40 AM
With Division 2 starting on Saturday, what are the thoughts for the year ahead with the new league structure in place?

Doire Colmcille v Drum - Drum by 10
Sean Dolans v Lissan - Lissan by 8
Ardmore v Slaughtmanus - Slaughtmanus by 15+
Desertmartin v Moneymore - Desertmartin by 2
Glack v Ballerin - Ballerin by 3
Craigbane v Magilligan - Craigbane by 4
Doire Trasna - bye

The three teams in bold could be in for a tough season with a few heavy defeats dished out by the likes of Craigbane, Slaughtmanus and Ballerin who will all be pushing hard for promotion.  I reckon the other seven teams in this league will give each other decent games but won't trouble the top three.

oakleaflad

Quote from: You, Yew and Ewe on March 22, 2019, 12:00:09 PM
Quote from: petermce on March 21, 2019, 11:03:40 AM

Doire Colmcille v Drum - Drum by 10
Sean Dolans v Lissan - Lissan by 8
Ardmore v Slaughtmanus - Slaughtmanus by 15+
Desertmartin v Moneymore - Desertmartin by 2
Glack v Ballerin - Ballerin by 3
Craigbane v Magilligan - Craigbane by 4
Doire Trasna - bye

The three teams in bold could be in for a tough season with a few heavy defeats dished out by the likes of Craigbane, Slaughtmanus and Ballerin who will all be pushing hard for promotion.  I reckon the other seven teams in this league will give each other decent games but won't trouble the top three.
Desertmartin and Lissan would have to be up there with the three teams you have mentioned. Moneymore, Doire Trasna and maybe Drum would fancy themselves to take some points off them too. Magilligan have had a strong pre-season and i'd expect them to put it up to a Craigbane team who are in a bit of a transition period this weekend. I think Glack, Colmcille, Dolans and Ardmore will struggle. Glack have the beating of those other struggling teams but I think they might struggle against the better sides. I hope Ardmore survive the season as they'd be low on numbers and some of them top sides could put up big scores.

Div 2 Prediction

Ballerin
Slaughtmanus
Craigbane
Lissan
Desertmartin
Doire Trasna
Moneymore
Magilligan
Drum
Glack
Doire Colmcille
Sean Dolans
Ardmore

JoG2

Could indeed be very tight for a few teams this year. Dolan's will be better than last year if pre season is anything to go by. Big numbers apparently, and they'll be hoping Alan Grant is available a lot more this year as he's a serious footballer as well.
Glack to be my surprise package this year. Positive results in pre-season and have a good strong core to the team, commitment though is their achilles heel. Will be interesting to see how they get on this Sunday at home to Ballerin.
Ardmore or Colmcille could go through the season without a win unfortunately. Both will be targeting the other to get points on the board. Commitment could wane if a few heavy defeats are experienced in the first few games. Hopefully not

League: Slaughtmanus
Championship: Glack

Sheugh Water

Quote from: JoG2 on March 22, 2019, 02:52:16 PM
Could indeed be very tight for a few teams this year. Dolan's will be better than last year if pre season is anything to go by. Big numbers apparently, and they'll be hoping Alan Grant is available a lot more this year as he's a serious footballer as well.
Glack to be my surprise package this year. Positive results in pre-season and have a good strong core to the team, commitment though is their achilles heel. Will be interesting to see how they get on this Sunday at home to Ballerin.
Ardmore or Colmcille could go through the season without a win unfortunately. Both will be targeting the other to get points on the board. Commitment could wane if a few heavy defeats are experienced in the first few games. Hopefully not

Alan Grant to be out 3-6 months with hip surgery and eill target christy ring if he can make it back

Ardmore being squeezed by other clubs and suffering from players at underage travelling across town to play with other clubs.

Its a testament to how easy football is to get going when a few of these clubs haven't fielded much at underage in years

braveheart

Doire colmcille beat Drum today

thebuzz

Quote from: braveheart on March 23, 2019, 07:18:31 PM

Doire colmcille beat Drum today
Lissan beat Dolans 2-18 to 1-03 today.

Wildweasel74

Attendance didn't look good at the wexford game the day. I know we not the best supported in a long while but I been at club championship games in Bellaghy where its packed. I wonder where all the genuine supporters have disappeared to.

theticklemister

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 23, 2019, 11:04:36 PM
Attendance didn't look good at the wexford game the day. I know we not the best supported in a long while but I been at club championship games in Bellaghy where its packed. I wonder where all the genuine supporters have disappeared to.

It was in the heartland. I expected millions or even zillions

oakleaflad

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 23, 2019, 11:04:36 PM
Maybe the penny will finally drop for some people. It doesn't matter if the game is in Celtic Park, Bellaghy, Glen, Owenbeg or Screen. We are a poorly supported county at present. Now, in fairness, this game was a dead rubber with Derry not fielding a first 15, people knew this in advance. Ticket prices are a bit high for Division 4 too, this could stop a small portion of people attending as well.

PS. Well done to Doire Colmcille, some result for them.

PPS. Fair play to Ballerin, Craigbane, Desertmartin and Lissan for fielding reserve teams this year in a bit of a farcical league. Should have been put in with 1B or recreational league instead IMO.

restorepride

Do you know who Dolan's were playing pre-season?

JoG2

Some great results for a few of the seasoned junior teams. Speaking to a few men at Celtic Pk yesterday and they mentioned Drum struggling big time and won't have any talent through for a few more years. Magilligan beating Craigbane in Craigbane and Glack downing a very fancied Ballerin side. Hopefully the division is competitive from here on, but any of the teams missing a few big men on a certain weekend can swing things.

Underage duty so missed our game against Wexford. Followed on Twitter, a game of 2 halves!

restorepride

Quote from: JoG2 on March 24, 2019, 04:47:06 PM
Some great results for a few of the seasoned junior teams. Speaking to a few men at Celtic Pk yesterday and they mentioned Drum struggling big time and won't have any talent through for a few more years. Magilligan beating Craigbane in Craigbane and Glack downing a very fancied Ballerin side. Hopefully the division is competitive from here on, but any of the teams missing a few big men on a certain weekend can swing things.

Underage duty so missed our game against Wexford. Followed on Twitter, a game of 2 halves!
Massive defeat for Dolan's, were they short a few?

JoG2

Quote from: restorepride on March 24, 2019, 05:01:48 PM

Yes.

You're like a wee yappy dog

restorepride

Quote from: JoG2 on March 24, 2019, 05:19:45 PM
Quote from: restorepride on March 24, 2019, 05:01:48 PM

Yes.

You're like a wee yappy dog
Bit sensitive, only asking - since your football knowledge reckoned they were going well pre-season.