Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

McDonnell and grugan actually bossed midfield area in first half last night against two Armagh starters. McDonnell showed great pace bursting forward though was wasteful. Wouldn't shock me if like others before he went on to become a decent county player at some point despite online criticism from boys who don't even go to games.

Localexpert

Quote from: Angelo on January 09, 2020, 08:26:59 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on January 09, 2020, 08:24:02 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 09, 2020, 07:46:14 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on January 09, 2020, 07:25:57 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 09, 2020, 01:26:24 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 09, 2020, 01:21:54 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on January 09, 2020, 12:58:55 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 09, 2020, 12:48:27 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on January 08, 2020, 10:43:57 PM
Did one of der fuhrer's ballygawley disciples drop the ball over his head into the net tonight?

Most of Ireland denigrates Tyrone and the players as individuals severely over the last 20 years or so. Should we not be trying to support players as much as possible, and f**k the rest? No one likes us, we don't care etc. Support helps I would've thought.

The cub made an error. It happens.
unfortunately alot of Tyrone people are fed up with what goes on in the county at the minute. You can't see that?

Would you not be safer going and finding a new hobby that you enjoyed instead of whinging on here about Harte and the county team day after day?

Tyrone scored 3-18 last night and played some lovely football, anyone who actually follows the team will have enjoyed the game.

Similarly it's ridiculous coming on picking on lads because of their clubs. Coalisland men have made plenty of mistakes in Tyrone jerseys too.

Young McKernan has made enough mistakes in a Tyrone jersey in his short career so far but still remains a regular. It might not suit his agenda though.

This is a discussion board for people to voice their opinions or should we never question any players selection or ability?

Personally I don't think he's good enough.... a calamitous error last night after rolling out the red carpet for donegals goal last year.

Mckernan has played 2 years for Tyrone one of which he was nominated for young player of the year.  Looking alright to me!

McKernan has a tendency to get drawn towards the ball which has already cost us numerous goals in Championship football, sadly he keeps repeating these mistakes.

Last year was McDonnell's first year getting some regular football in the Championship and League, he made some mistakes, he also had some decent displays - just like McKernan.

Speaking of Donegal last year, McKernan's man helped himself to 1-03 from play in that game.

When he drops one through his hands into the back of the onion bag come back to me.

Will you be leading the march for him to be ran off the county squad then?

Yea we are marching on garvaghey next week you coming?

southtyronegael

We marching on garvaghy? Will I bring a pitchfork?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Localexpert on January 09, 2020, 10:20:41 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 09, 2020, 08:26:59 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on January 09, 2020, 08:24:02 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 09, 2020, 07:46:14 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on January 09, 2020, 07:25:57 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 09, 2020, 01:26:24 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 09, 2020, 01:21:54 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on January 09, 2020, 12:58:55 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 09, 2020, 12:48:27 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on January 08, 2020, 10:43:57 PM
Did one of der fuhrer's ballygawley disciples drop the ball over his head into the net tonight?

Most of Ireland denigrates Tyrone and the players as individuals severely over the last 20 years or so. Should we not be trying to support players as much as possible, and f**k the rest? No one likes us, we don't care etc. Support helps I would've thought.

The cub made an error. It happens.
unfortunately alot of Tyrone people are fed up with what goes on in the county at the minute. You can't see that?

Would you not be safer going and finding a new hobby that you enjoyed instead of whinging on here about Harte and the county team day after day?

Tyrone scored 3-18 last night and played some lovely football, anyone who actually follows the team will have enjoyed the game.

Similarly it's ridiculous coming on picking on lads because of their clubs. Coalisland men have made plenty of mistakes in Tyrone jerseys too.

Young McKernan has made enough mistakes in a Tyrone jersey in his short career so far but still remains a regular. It might not suit his agenda though.

This is a discussion board for people to voice their opinions or should we never question any players selection or ability?

Personally I don't think he's good enough.... a calamitous error last night after rolling out the red carpet for donegals goal last year.

Mckernan has played 2 years for Tyrone one of which he was nominated for young player of the year.  Looking alright to me!

McKernan has a tendency to get drawn towards the ball which has already cost us numerous goals in Championship football, sadly he keeps repeating these mistakes.

Last year was McDonnell's first year getting some regular football in the Championship and League, he made some mistakes, he also had some decent displays - just like McKernan.

Speaking of Donegal last year, McKernan's man helped himself to 1-03 from play in that game.

When he drops one through his hands into the back of the onion bag come back to me.

Will you be leading the march for him to be ran off the county squad then?

Yea we are marching on garvaghey next week you coming?

LE confirmed in Garvaghy next week.....Fianna will be running 24/7 surveillance....the search continues.....

The Golden Years

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 09, 2020, 08:44:06 PM
McDonnell and grugan actually bossed midfield area in first half last night against two Armagh starters. McDonnell showed great pace bursting forward though was wasteful. Wouldn't shock me if like others before he went on to become a decent county player at some point despite online criticism from boys who don't even go to games.

He may become a good county player but would he get this opportunity to become a good county player if he wasn't from Errigal?  There was plenty of players down through the years with great ability that won't afforded this luxury of getting time to prove their worth.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: The Golden Years on January 10, 2020, 11:11:41 AM

He may become a good county player but would he get this opportunity to become a good county player if he wasn't from Errigal?  There was plenty of players down through the years with great ability that won't afforded this luxury of getting time to prove their worth.

Colm Cavanagh and Cathal McShane are two non Errigal players given the opportunity over a number of years when many had it in for them saying they shouldn't be near the team. Many people have had issues with the chances given to Conall McCann for example. There are numerous other non Errigal players who's inclusion have been questioned at times.

Using Errigal to beat these young lads with is very unfair.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 10, 2020, 11:35:45 AM

Colm Cavanagh and Cathal McShane are two non Errigal players given the opportunity over a number of years when many had it in for them saying they shouldn't be near the team. Many people have had issues with the chances given to Conall McCann for example. There are numerous other non Errigal players who's inclusion have been questioned at times.

Conall McCann is the worst county footballer Tyrone has ever had.. Id give some of the errigal thirds a run before him

sensethetone

Quote from: Pearse Blue on January 10, 2020, 11:53:35 AM

Conall McCann is the worst county footballer Tyrone has ever had.. Id give some of the errigal thirds a run before him
I think he has won man of the match awards playing for Tyrone. Maybe not thee worst.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: sensethetone on January 10, 2020, 12:05:44 PM

I think he has won man of the match awards playing for Tyrone. Maybe not thee worst.

Did Conall McCann not win Man of the Match vs Derry in Ulster Championship a few years ago? Fully merits his place on the squad IMO. Who would you pick on the panel instead of him (genuinely interested)?

Angelo

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on January 10, 2020, 12:16:16 PM

Did Conall McCann not win Man of the Match vs Derry in Ulster Championship a few years ago? Fully merits his place on the squad IMO. Who would you pick on the panel instead of him (genuinely interested)?

He did.

I'm not C McCann's biggest fan, this is his 6th year on the senior panel now and he's not looked like nailing down a regular spot. He's not a bad player but I think it's worth look at other options.

It will be interesting to see who Harte culls after this year's McKenna Cup.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

southtyronegael

Colm cavanagh and Mc Shane both played starring roles in all Ireland winning underage teams so not the same comparison.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on January 10, 2020, 12:16:16 PM

In terms of who is better there is an unlimited number of better players (than him). But not a lot of them ready/going to make Tyrone

trueblue1234

FFS lads use a bit of cop on. There's no need for bitchy comments like this. Fair criticism is fine but no need to try and really put the boot into players who despite what you think of their ability give a lot to Tyrone football. This site has went to f**k lately.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

The_Slug

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 10, 2020, 02:13:02 PM

FFS lads use a bit of cop on. There's no need for bitchy comments like this. Fair criticism is fine but no need to try and really put the boot into players who despite what you think of their ability give a lot to Tyrone football. This site has went to f**k lately.

agree with this statement fully, not a forum to destroy players who train nearly every day of the week. Some of the lads on the county team mightn't be playing much or be as good as other players on it but they're still out there every night training and pushing the other lads on, making them better players.

GetOverTheBar

Some of the over the top personal attacks in the club forum are out of order too. Not great stuff lads.