Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

No match should throw in later than 4 pm on Sundays.

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: Eire90 on January 13, 2020, 10:13:43 AM
No match should throw in later than 4 pm on Sundays.

If reserve & senior, games should be 12.30pm and 2.00pm unless agreed otherwise. (Senior only still 2.00pm).
Game finished 3.30pm, leaving plenty of the day to spend with family/friends.
Current setup is an archaic process, where games arent finished to almost 5.30pm.

WT4E

There should be at least 50% of the games not on Sunday.

champagne football

Games should be played on Saturdays. Then where possible, Friday evenings during the summer months (or as it has become known in recent years within Tyrone - 2nd pre-season). Friday evening games in the height of the summer will attract crowds without doubt. Freeing up players weekends throughout the summer whilst also providing plenty of game time will only attract interest and decrease the worrying number of young dropouts.

Pearse Blue

I seen the picture myself however, i'm not sure about it. Its hard to beat a good clash with teams at opposite end of the county instead of playing the same team 2 times..

Not a well worded response but i mean i would rather play everybody rather than the same team twice.

WT4E

I get your point for 1st team football - but id be surprised if majority of reserve footballers would agree.

I cant imagine Moortown lads enjoyed the trip to Urney last year, or Brocagh to Castlederg or Ardboe to Trillick

Ty4Sam

Quote from: PeterEli on January 13, 2020, 08:59:57 AM
Has anyone heard if they are changing structures of reserve leagues? Had heard there was talk of Senior A/B, Inter A/B, Junior A/B, basically East and West leagues at each level. Has this been passed or confirmed?

With U'20s to be wrapped up in March should leave for a better league schedule this coming year, here's hoping.

Meeting with clubs and CCC tomorrow to reveal changes to adult and youth league structures. Strong rumours that reserve leagues will be split east/west and played mid week.

UpThrone!

rumour is games to be played on a monday night, so if you work away or are a student the tyrone county board don't give wan **** about you. whoever has dreamt these plans up have no clue about football. #powertrip

GlenMan

Quote from: topofthesoil on January 13, 2020, 02:10:50 PM
No need to change things so drastically, i am strongly against dividing the reserve teams up and making them play the same team twice in the league. If followed through and them changes were made we would see the end of reserve football after a few seasons.

Eventually they wouldn't be playing the same teams. After a couple of seasons of promotion/relegation a Club's Senior and Reserve teams will probably be playing different teams so it makes sense to play the games on a different day.

Players have been asking for years for the competitions to be split.

trailer

Anyone giving out about these changes need their heads looked at. Reserve football is a joke. Loads of teams not fielding. Something needs done.
Will this be the answer I don't know but things have to change.

HalfBack7

Proposal is for senior football to start on March 29th with Reserves to move to a stand alone fixture on a Monday night on a Regional basis.
I can see the positives of moving Reserve football to a stand alone fixture but not sure if Monday is the best option for it to work. Maybe a Friday instead as it would better suit students and men working away a lot better.

The proposal on youth football is U14 and U18 to start on February 22nd with U16 starting a week later. I can't see this working at all, especially for smaller clubs who have U14's playing U16 and U16 playing U18.

Was there not similar proposal put forward and defeated last year?

trueblue1234

Quote from: GaelTheGael on January 02, 2020, 06:11:19 PM
Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on January 02, 2020, 12:36:28 PM
All managers appointed at this stage?
Any clubs entering Ulster League this year?
Any further word of league restructuring? Or was this just hot air at the annual convention?
Senior

Ardboe: Fabian Muldoon
Carrickmore: Ryan Daly
Clonoe: Stephen McDonnell
Coalisland: Damien O'Hagan
Derrylaughan: Kevin Coary
Donaghmore: John Rafferty
Dromore: Colm McCullagh
Dungannon: Collie Holmes
Errigal Ciaran: Johnny McBride
Galbally: John Moylan
Killyclogher:
Loughmacrory: Martin McConnell (Coach?)
Moy: Sean Cavanagh
Omagh: Carl McCabe
Pomeroy: Brian McGuckin
Trillick: Nigel Seaney & Liam Donnelly

Intermediate

Aghaloo: Micky Donnelly
Aghyaran:
Augher: Padraig O'Kane
Beragh: Ryan McCloskey
Clogher: Sean McCaughey
Edendork: Lorcan Martin
Eglish: Matthew McGleenan
Gortin: Cormac McGlinley
Greencastle: Sean Teague
Moortown: Stephen McHugh & Stephen Ferguson
Naomh Eoghan: Conor Gormley (Training Role only i believe.
Owen Roes: Barry Tracey
Rock: Martin Hackett
Stewartstown: Fergal Logan
Strabane:
T***yreagh:Martin McNulty

Junior

Brackaville: Justin Corr
Brocagh:John McGuckin
Castlederg:
Clann na nGael:
Cookstown Brian Mulligan, Mickey Rea
Derrytresk: Paul Hughes
Drumquin:
Drumragh: Simon McGeary
Errigal Ciaran Thirds:
Eskra: Gerry Donnelly
Fintona:
Glenelly: Dermot Corry
Kildress: Roger Keenan
Killeeshil: Paudge Quinn?
Killyman: Declan Treanor
Urney:
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

LeoMc

Quote from: HalfBack7 on January 13, 2020, 03:26:40 PM
Proposal is for senior football to start on March 29th with Reserves to move to a stand alone fixture on a Monday night on a Regional basis.
I can see the positives of moving Reserve football to a stand alone fixture but not sure if Monday is the best option for it to work. Maybe a Friday instead as it would better suit students and men working away a lot better.

The proposal on youth football is U14 and U18 to start on February 22nd with U16 starting a week later. I can't see this working at all, especially for smaller clubs who have U14's playing U16 and U16 playing U18.

Was there not similar proposal put forward and defeated last year?

I would think the lads would rather be playing twice a week than training. However it does not leave much room for coaching sessions.
At the moment the gap between ending u-14s (June) and starting u16's (the following August) is too large and that 14 month gap could lead to a lot of drop out of players who are not able to play a grade above themselves.

Something has to be done about the delay of u16 until August because of minors which is in turn delayed by County u-17's and u-20's.

WeeDonns

Reserves to move to a stand alone fixture is good
Monday is probably the worst day though
Friday evenings during "2nd pre-season" would be ideal

Drawback would be for people having to travel long distances on Friday & again Sunday to watch/take part in both games, which is why the regional basis makes sense - although I wouldn't be that keen on playing the same team twice as mentioned by others, I'd prefer that over not getting competitive game time for the bulk of the summer when leagues come to a halt

Doesn't apply for me now anyway as the boots are hung up long ago

blackball

Quote from: WeeDonns on January 13, 2020, 04:41:49 PM
Reserves to move to a stand alone fixture is good
Monday is probably the worst day though
Friday evenings during "2nd pre-season" would be ideal

Drawback would be for people having to travel long distances on Friday & again Sunday to watch/take part in both games, which is why the regional basis makes sense - although I wouldn't be that keen on playing the same team twice as mentioned by others, I'd prefer that over not getting competitive game time for the bulk of the summer when leagues come to a halt

Doesn't apply for me now anyway as the boots are hung up long ago

If the games were played over the summer when senior fixtures are all suspended you would have some teams loading the reserve games with senior players to keep them active. They are are on the right track trying to change things but the finer details would need to be thought out before a major change like this is made.