Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

Quote from: Stan on February 23, 2020, 03:57:35 PM
Didn't get to see or hear any of it but wasn't expecting that result at all - What was the story with Cathal McShane - I hope the lad is ok?
Were we as bad or they as good as the result suggests?

Tyrone were awful today. Couldn't string passes together. Frank burns looked determined to get sent off today. Said t at the start of the year this will be a very short season for tyrone

tyroneman

Terrible showing. Too many men just not doing the basics well enough.

Stan

Quote from: tyroneman on February 23, 2020, 04:09:57 PM
Terrible showing. Too many men just not doing the basics well enough.

Any word on McShane - saw on twitter that his replacement was Bradley? Sounds like we didn't have a plan A never mind Plan B?

Localexpert

Harte's worst ever defeat as manager is it?

square_ball

Harte also confirmed before the game that Conor McKenna is intending on going back to Australia. I'd say after watching that he'll be back there as soon as possible.

Angelo

Bleak prospects now after what happened today.

Four red cards in four games so far, the first one was very harsh today but our discipline has let us down.

McNamee was probably our best player, battled away against pretty bleak prospects, McCurry showed up well too.

The numeric disadvantage means we can't read too much into things, we butchered a load of goals chances before the red card and probably would have been leading otherwise.

Tiernan McCann looks utterly done at this level for me, thought he was dire today and seems to have lost a lot of pace.

With McShane gone for the rest of the season and Donnelly having big question marks over his fitness, it looks like we have huge problems to address.

Good to see Hampsey and McKernan return, Hampsey looked miles off it when he came in though.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

omaghjoe

Shocking stuff. Galway have looking good this league  but a defeat like that is completely unacceptable for Tyrone no matter who the opposition

inroundthesquare

Tyrone missed far too many chances early on - the Cavanagh goal chance and must have hit 4 or 5 off the post.. stat came up around the 30min mark, Galway 9/12 scores, Tyrone 4/13, summed it up. Tyrone gave the ball away so cheaply at times whereas Galway didn't.
First red card very harsh, rarely see them given.
McShane injury is an awful blow if as bad as it looks.
Was actually only 3 points in it 0-14 to 0-11 with about 20 minutes left.. Galway got the penalty (was Rafferty marking Comer - strange every attack - Tyrone had threw in the towel (not a good sign) and kept giving away dreadful passes in attack any time we did have it.
Hard to single out bad performances there but Peter Harte's body language was terrible, looked like he didn't want to know.

square_ball

Quote from: Angelo on February 23, 2020, 04:50:54 PM

Four red cards in four games so far, the first one was very harsh today but our discipline has let us down.

McNamee was probably our best player, battled away against pretty bleak prospects, McCurry showed up well too.

The numeric disadvantage means we can't read too much into things, we butchered a load of goals chances before the red card and probably would have been leading otherwise.

Tiernan McCann looks utterly done at this level for me, thought he was dire today and seems to have lost a lot of pace.

With McShane gone for the rest of the season and Donnelly having big question marks over his fitness, it looks like we have huge problems to address.

Good to see Hampsey and McKernan return, Hampsey looked miles off it when he came in though.

You can add Colm Cavanagh to that list too. He has went on a year too far IMO.

Kennedy was poor as well not sure how he wasn't hooked at half time as well. I'm not too sure what he offers?

Angelo

Quote from: square_ball on February 23, 2020, 05:26:20 PM

You can add Colm Cavanagh to that list too. He has went on a year too far IMO.

Kennedy was poor as well not sure how he wasn't hooked at half time as well. I'm not too sure what he offers?

Agreed on Cavanagh but I actually think he still offers us something even with his legs gone but McCann was just woeful today.

tyrone08

Just seen a photo of mcshane ankle. It's pointing in a direction it shouldn't be. Very unfortunate for him but he is almost certain to miss the rest of the year.

Angelo

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 23, 2020, 05:49:05 PM
Just seen a photo of mcshane ankle. It's pointing in a direction it shouldn't be. Very unfortunate for him but he is almost certain to miss the rest of the year.

Yeah, it looks like a dislocation. McAliskey had something similar with Clonoe a few years back. You'd generally be looking at 4-5 months for that best case scenario and I can't see him getting up to the pitch of Championship football by then but who knows these days. I think the important thing is Cathal doesn't try and rush it and just concentrates on getting it right again.

I'd say he will probably be back in time for the Roes come Championship but can't really see him taking any part for Tyrone this summer.

Jim Bob

RedHand88

Moonshine

I agree this was utterly embarrassing sludden and harte were dreadful and have been for quite some time. Burns and mc geary looked like they rather be in pomeroy. Too wet and mucky for poor tiarnan, Rafferty on comer worst tactical match up ever, Kennedy, petsy would of offered more today I could continue. Thankfully they be dumped out early and a good club season might happen.