Meath V Tyrone Qualifier Round 1 Saturday 9th June 2018

Started by never kickt a ball, May 28, 2018, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Jinxy on June 11, 2018, 09:03:44 AM
I believe we have recalled our ambassador from Tyrone.

I didn't realise diplomatic relations had even been opened again after 96.

Fuzzman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 03:00:16 PM
:)

On a rather more sombre note, Fuzzman and I were chatting to a trio of young men in Ryans after the game, from Dublin, Laois, and Meath, respectively, and it painted a fairly depressing picture of Leinster, and wider football, in general.

Have the GAA created such a monster in Dublin, that it will end up devouring the sport itself, due to the relative and predictable invincibility of the Dubs, resulting in plummeting attendances to the point of non-viability, such is their dominance?

Yeah for 3 young lads (21-22) they sure had an amazing knowledge of their GAA over the last 20 or 30 years mainly through their dads. One was from Laois, one from Meath and one from AIG/Dublin.
They agreed with me that Leinster would be highly competitive just now without Dublin in it and if we could somehow let them go through to the last 8 without spoiling the provincial championship.

Of course they discussed Harte and wondered where we stood and how Jim McGuinness ruined football and now everyone else just follows that template and look who it has helped Fermanagh this year.
I think the Meath lad said Meath have something like 17 lads who should be on the panel opted out for one reason or another.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 11, 2018, 03:45:08 PM
I think the Meath lad said Meath have something like 17 lads who should be on the panel opted out for one reason or another.

Yep, 14 certainties just walked away.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on June 11, 2018, 07:44:02 AM
Because of Ireland's history as a colony of England, Irish nationalism is strongly pro Palestinian.  This is even more pronounced in the occupied territories. Palestine is a fairly safe issue because in both Ireland and Scotland Zionism has very little leverage.
Maybe the GAA is afraid of the Israeli embassy
Otherwise it must be the commercial director's shitehawking

Haha....I have a friend who works for AIG

I must ask him what he think about his company sponsoring a team whose supporters condone terrorism

Jinxy

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 11, 2018, 12:47:51 PM

Fair play to McShane coming over to say we 100% should have been given a free at the end.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

I noticed that the Meath players have the jersey with Devenish Nutrition plastered across the front. Mick Lyons would have horsed fellas aside eating just Taytos. Is this nutrition fad getting in the way of pure bacon and cabbage fag an bealach, of the style Meath used to be known for ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Therealdonald

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 11, 2018, 04:04:33 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 11, 2018, 03:45:08 PM

Yep, 14 certainties just walked away.

I've had 14 certainties walk away from me in life time as well.

Jinxy

Quote from: seafoid on June 11, 2018, 04:20:08 PM
I noticed that the Meath players have the jersey with Devenish Nutrition plastered across the front. Mick Lyons would have horsed fellas aside eating just Taytos. Is this nutrition fad getting in the way of pure bacon and cabbage fag an bealach, of the style Meath used to be known for ?

Devenish Nutrition make animal feed.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on June 11, 2018, 04:25:39 PM

That must be it. Anyway Jinxy I hope this year is a turning point.  A lot of people are sick of the Dubs.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

So it's what the Kildare players are on..?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Syferus on June 11, 2018, 04:31:58 PM

So it's what the Kildare players are on..?

We're still loyal to Pitman-Moore.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Orchard park

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 11, 2018, 01:45:21 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 11, 2018, 09:03:44 AM
I believe we have recalled our ambassador from Tyrone.

I didn't realise diplomatic relations had even been opened again after 96.

John McDermott had that gig hadn't he

redzone

What was the vibe between Mcdermott and  Graham geragthy like back then

rrhf

ONeill

I nagging thing is that all these recent wins v Meath still don't erase 96/07. Bastids will have it over us until they're good again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.