Meath V Tyrone Qualifier Round 1 Saturday 9th June 2018

Started by never kickt a ball, May 28, 2018, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: gallsman on June 10, 2018, 12:00:26 PM
Quote from: Hardy on June 10, 2018, 11:52:12 AM
I thought that was a major escalation of the issue, to be fair.

If, and I mean if, the statement from the Gardai is an accurate representation of the events, then the individual in question was arrested after becoming abusive. I don't find that too much of an escalation.

So you are suggesting that the fact it was a Palestinian flag was completely coincidental? Really? How big was this flag? There's people with flags at every single championship game I have ever attended over the course of nearly 40 years and I have never once seen a person be approached by a member of the Gardaí about waving their flag, nevermind being frogmarched out of the ground. They'll be busy on the Hill on All Ireland final day if this is the new policy.
That was never a square ball!!

Hardy

If, and I mean if, the statement from the Gardai is an accurate representation of the events, then the individual in question was arrested after becoming abusive. I don't find that too much of an escalation.

I was referring to FOSB's escalation of your objection to having your view obstructed to support for genocide.

tippabu

One thing that really annoys me aswell, the McCann sending off, Tyrone broke up the pitch nothing came of it but it wasn't until a break in play that it was dealt with (I think it was a Meath attack McCann actually stopped). Don't think the ref saw it from memory and it was the linesman but should play not have been stopped straight away? What if McCann broke up the pitch and scored a goal after an incident where he should have been sent off. I'm not talking whether it was or wasn't a sending off just how it's dealt with.

gallsman

Quote from: Hardy on June 10, 2018, 12:09:02 PM

I was referring to FOSB's escalation of your objection to having your view obstructed to support for genocide.

Oh, well of course I agree on that front.  :). Strangely not that difficult to picture plenty on this forum making the same leap.

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 10, 2018, 12:08:09 PM

So you are suggesting that the fact it was a Palestinian flag was completely coincidental? Really? How big was this flag? There's people with flags at every single championship game I have ever attended over the course of nearly 40 years and I have never once seen a person be approached by a member of the Gardaí about waving their flag, nevermind being frogmarched out of the ground. They'll be busy on the Hill on All Ireland final day if this is the new policy.

Of course it's not coincidental. There was a massive Palestinian flag. The idea that it was obstructing someone's view and they subsequently objected is not beyond the realms of possibility. Did you read the opening word of my post where I said "If"?!

ardtole

Frank Burns was very impressive for Tyrone, his 2 second half points really helped Tyrone when they looked to be struggling badly for scores.

gallsman

Quote from: ardtole on June 10, 2018, 12:18:35 PM
Frank Burns was very impressive for Tyrone, his 2 second half points really helped Tyrone when they looked to be struggling badly for scores.

Was good against Monaghan too. Have been very impressed with him.

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on June 10, 2018, 10:20:00 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2018, 10:04:43 AM

Tyrone of course have world class forwards

Dunno about that. Some of them Brazilian gaels are pure lethal.
Using the global definition, how many of the current forwards could hit Clerys window with a brick ?

How many BELIEVE they can ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2018, 12:27:39 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 10, 2018, 10:20:00 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2018, 10:04:43 AM

Tyrone of course have world class forwards

Dunno about that. Some of them Brazilian gaels are pure lethal.
Using the global definition, how many of the current forwards could hit Clerys window with a brick ?

How many BELIEVE they can ?

For a 20minute spell in the second half none of them.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: gallsman on June 10, 2018, 11:27:12 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 01:46:38 AMit seems you're just dandy with medics and kids being systematically taken out with the latest US 'precision' hardware! And those whinging whiners behind only had to get off their fat arses and shift a metre or two to the left or right to relieve their soft discomfort.

No, I'm not.

Do you or GHD not get how bad your hypocrisy is?!

I state that I would hypothetically not want to have my view of a football match obstructed. Whether it's a Palestinian flag or an Israeli flag or or a Tyrone flag is irrelevant. Get accused of endorsing genocide. Embarrassing stuff lads.

The flags were being hoist on the banking behind the goals at the Trim end, so all those poor Meath snowflakes :P had to do was to, literally, slide along laterally for a metre or two if the fleeting flag waving was proving to be an insuperable obstruction.

Jeez, some folk have little to be complaining about, seriously  :-\
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

armaghniac

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 12:53:23 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 01:46:38 AMit seems you're just dandy with medics and kids being systematically taken out with the latest US 'precision' hardware! And those whinging whiners behind only had to get off their fat arses and shift a metre or two to the left or right to relieve their soft discomfort.

No, I'm not.

I state that I would hypothetically not want to have my view of a football match obstructed. Whether it's a Palestinian flag or an Israeli flag or or a Tyrone flag is irrelevant. Get accused of endorsing genocide. Embarrassing stuff lads.

The flags were being hoist on the banking behind the goals at the Trim end, so all those poor Meath snowflakes :P had to do was to, literally, slide along laterally for a metre or two if the fleeting flag waving was proving to be an insuperable obstruction.

Watching games is the function of a stadium, this should not be compromised for political showboating, this can take place at the back of the stand or the corner where it is not blocking anyone.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

There were echoes of the old Meath there yesterday as they rose from exhaustion and certain defeat to claw back a deficit, point by point.

I though the ref was poor all game, poor decisions, interfering with a persistence, unnecessarily taking momentum out of a game which was being played in good spirit.
That was a definite foul at the end, but I have to say it was an artful foul.

Jinxy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 12:53:23 PM

No, I'm not.

The man arrested was on the terrace.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: armaghniac on June 10, 2018, 01:02:05 PM
Watching games is the function of a stadium, this should not be compromised for political showboating, this can take place at the back of the stand or the corner where it is not blocking anyone.

Yes, and for the most part they hoist those flags completely unobtrusively, in no one's line of sight.

Like I said, little to be complaining about.

Re the lad being arrested on the terrace -- different issue, and know nothing of the particulars there. 
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

OffTheDeck

I think it's an absolute disgrace that those blue shirts stepped in and felt it necessary to "remove" said gentleman from the game. He was flying a flag and has a right to do so, also has a right to defend himself. Pretty sure we can all take "abusive" with a pinch of salt. Don't see too many free staters getting arrested either, lets not forget this is the same bunch who sold out the 6 counties, then ridiculed and prosecuted the actions of those to tried to fight for their rights. Same old yes man mentality, different century. Take it down from the mast Irish traitors!

Hardy

This is the sort of insightful, nuanced analysis that keep me coming back to the board.