Meath V Tyrone Qualifier Round 1 Saturday 9th June 2018

Started by never kickt a ball, May 28, 2018, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Some hilarious posts in here the last few days.
From poor WD40 sorry WT4E being labelled a Fuzzball to CuteHoor Armagh men talking up Tyrone for a long summer.

From a very bored Galway man who will try anything for a rise to no Kerry men at all on the board any more.
Best of all was Jinxy thinking we see Meath as the aul enemy. I don't think Tyrone fans nowadays hold too much hatred over Meath any more as they taught us...blah blah blah.

With all the injuries we have and lack of natural forwards in the squad, I'm surprisingly happy enough with that team, considering no Bradley, Brennan, Mulgrew and RoN.

It shows how Mickey is not scared to drop the older lads now like McCarron and McCrory and give HP and McKernan their debuts. Naming Richie at FF excites me and I think he might play in there more than some would think. Sometimes a forced change can work out well in the long term.

My expectations since the Monaghan game have been HUGELY dampened and earlier this week I was thinking this could be the last game this year and huge pressure on Mickey to go again but I feel a lot more positive now.
Looking forward to seeing some of ye in Berminghams from 3.30pm onwards. I think I'll wear my new 1986 retro shirt that I bought from a young Monaghan gent a few weeks ago.

Monday headline
"Royals receive Red Hands Spanking where the Blackwater meets the Boyne"

Rois

Quote from: illdecide on June 08, 2018, 12:52:11 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on June 08, 2018, 12:35:01 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 08, 2018, 11:27:16 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 08, 2018, 11:17:23 AM
Tyrone's answer to Syferus ::)

Had a laugh at that! You'll not see too many Tyrone flags around Lurgan (is that correct illdecide?)!!

Just on bonfires 😜

Believe it or not but there are a few Tyronies about the town and you get the odd flag here and there. I coach a minor team and one of the we hoors always wears his Tyrone top to training, there's a bit of cross breeding going on there. There's also a few hiding out in Warringstown too ;)
Wait til I get to Lurgan in August (sale agreed) - I'll spread the gospel of St Peter.

illdecide

Quote from: Rois on June 08, 2018, 03:41:43 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 08, 2018, 12:52:11 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on June 08, 2018, 12:35:01 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 08, 2018, 11:27:16 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 08, 2018, 11:17:23 AM
Tyrone's answer to Syferus ::)

Had a laugh at that! You'll not see too many Tyrone flags around Lurgan (is that correct illdecide?)!!

Just on bonfires 😜

Believe it or not but there are a few Tyronies about the town and you get the odd flag here and there. I coach a minor team and one of the we hoors always wears his Tyrone top to training, there's a bit of cross breeding going on there. There's also a few hiding out in Warringstown too ;)
Wait til I get to Lurgan in August (sale agreed) - I'll spread the gospel of St Peter.

Hope you're on the right side of the town ;). Your offspring better be going to Francis Street (or i may have to have you relocated...lol).

Only messing Rois, you're welcome to the Borough
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Fuzzman

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 08, 2018, 10:13:29 AM
Tyrone make 4 changes to their starting 15:

1 N Morgan
2 P Hamspey
3 R McNamee
4 HP McGeary
5 T McCann
6 F Burns
7 M McKernan
8 C Cavanagh
9 P McNulty
10 M Donnelly
11 N Sludden
12 C Meyler
13 C McShane
14 R Donnelly
15 C McAliskey

16 M O'Neill
17 R Brennan
18 M Cassidy
19 H Loughran
20 C McCann
21 D McClure
22 A McCrory
23 K McGeary
24 R McNabb
25 R O'Neill
26 R Sludden

The starting 15 isn't too bad but with the exception of Lee Brennan we dont have many attacking options to bring on. How long will Mulgrew be out for? Has Loughran much hope of making this team? I've never seem him play.

Jaysus lads when you look at that sub bench and compare it to our teams in the 00s and then compare it to Dublin now who could afford to leave two previous player of the years on the bench against us and D.Connolly we are a long way from Sam. I know people keep saying we just don't have the players to compete with the top 3 but is that because any good forwards we have don't want to play this style of football.

It's funny how the atmosphere of a championship year can change so much in 2 weeks.
2 weeks ago we left a wet and miserable Omagh thinking how poor we were and how Monaghan could actually go and give the super 8s a good rattle and have maybe passed us out with better forwards.

Here we are now for the 2nd bite of the cherry on a sunny summers Sat evening in gorgeous Navan with a tad more optimism again of at least getting to the last 8 and maybe a few more players standing up and making a name for themselves.
I'd love to see Richie show us what he's really capable of as he has shown in the past brief glimpses of some majestic scores as has Mulgrew.

twohands!!!

Mickey O'Neill starts instead of Niall Morgan for Tyrone

twohands!!!

Ambrose

You can't live off history and tradition forever

tyroneman

McNulty is brutal in front of goals. Skeet slack enough in 2 occasions as well.

Hope Tyrone don't regret these.

BennyHarp

Tyrone look like they could get a load of goals here. Every decent ball in is leading to a goal chance.
That was never a square ball!!

twohands!!!

Meath goal leading a charmed life.

Tyrone getting cleaned around midfield.

GalwayBayBoy

twohands!!!

Tyrone were 1-3 up after 8 minutes.

They've scored 5 points in the next 40 minutes.

twohands!!!

Mea(d)th lead.

Tyrone need to get the finger out.

omagh_gael

Tyrone look like a disinterested team. Management lost the team?