All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

You're awful f**king sore today. Maybe try sleeping it off.

Halfquarter

Quote from: thewobbler on September 17, 2017, 11:30:14 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 17, 2017, 11:25:09 PM
McCarthy MOTM. More than justified.

Sporting a nice shiner too.

Yep that's right. A midfielder who got so cleaned out on his own kickouts that his keeper never went long the entire second half.

McCarthy was good today. But if kicking two points is what it takes to win this award, then measure everyone who does it equally.
b
Well, they have to give it to a Dublin player anyhow.Bit of farce really nominating players from Mayo who are sitting in another part of the city !

thewobbler

Yeah I'm a bit sore.

Kevin McMenamin and Dean Rock won that game today. McCarthy and O'Sullivan weren't far behind. But two points, elegant as they were, shouldn't disguise the fact that Dublin couldn't get a foothold in midfield today. Awarding motm to a Dublin midfielder is wrong.

shark

Yep that's right. A midfielder who got so cleaned out on his own kickouts that his keeper never went long the entire second half.

McCarthy was good today. But if kicking two points is what it takes to win this award, then measure everyone who does it equally.

McCarthy was wing back for most of the first half, from when McCaffrey went off.

thewobbler

Quote from: shark on September 17, 2017, 11:36:41 PM

McCarthy was wing back for most of the first half, from when McCaffrey went off.

Okay so. Show me up for my to viewing! Did Flynn play midfield?

shark

Quote from: thewobbler on September 17, 2017, 11:41:36 PM

Okay so. Show me up for my to viewing! Did Flynn play midfield?

Up until half time, yes. I'm not sure myself after that point.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Rossfan on September 17, 2017, 10:42:12 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 17, 2017, 10:27:20 PM
The banquet at CityWest must be like a wake this year..
The Rhubarbs git some welcome into it . You'd think they won.....
It simply reflects pride in our team. Pride like respect is earned and doesn't require victory.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

He was completely anonymous in the first half so it wasn't clear where he ws playing. At times it looked like he was marking AOS but AOS dropped deep and was very influential. They were 2 fantastic points he kicked though.

From the Bunker

Well done Dublin. The heavily invested money is paying dividends and 4/5/6 (and so on) in a row beckons.

Mayo losing by a point will help the GAA delay the apathy for another year how far ahead Dublin are (of everybody including Mayo)!

The favourite child is some Monster!

thejuice

I think Mayo left that one behind. That goal chance that was kicked straight at Cluxton and the stupid sending off swung it back in Dublins favour. It's those kind of things that would win it for them. I think they set out a good template for how you beat Dublin but you have to get all the small things right.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

From the Bunker

Quote from: thejuice on September 17, 2017, 11:54:43 PM
I think Mayo left that one behind. That goal chance that was kicked straight at Cluxton and the stupid sending off swung it back in Dublins favour. It's those kind of things that would win it for them. I think they set out a good template for how you beat Dublin but you have to get all the small things right.

What about the countless goal chances Dublin missed? I count at least three! Losing teams always get their mistakes highlighted! Vaughan was stupid, but so was Small.

Cunny Funt

I thought Barrett should have won MOTM but McCarthy was Dublins best and they were always going to give the MOTM award to a Dub on the Sunday game after they won.

heffo

Quote from: The Bearded One on September 17, 2017, 11:06:02 PM
Did anyone notice Lee Keegan fire something at the ball just as Rock struck the winning free? Kilkenny noticed this and ran straight at him which led to his black card. During this commotion Keegan picked up the object and handed it to Tony McEntee who put it in his pocket. It was a completely shitty  act from a player I admire massively.

Yes, it was Keegan and I thought it was a sod of grass at the time.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 18, 2017, 12:01:22 AM
Quote from: thejuice on September 17, 2017, 11:54:43 PM

What about the countless goal chances Dublin missed? I count at least three! Losing teams always get their mistakes highlighted! Vaughan was stupid, but so was Small.

At least Small did it while the ball was in play and not in front of the ref. Stupidest and most costly red card I've seen in my lifetime.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: heffo on September 18, 2017, 12:04:37 AM
Quote from: The Bearded One on September 17, 2017, 11:06:02 PM
Did anyone notice Lee Keegan fire something at the ball just as Rock struck the winning free? Kilkenny noticed this and ran straight at him which led to his black card. During this commotion Keegan picked up the object and handed it to Tony McEntee who put it in his pocket. It was a completely shitty  act from a player I admire massively.

Yes, it was Keegan and I thought it was a sod of grass at the time.

Gps tracker
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!