Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Terrarium tv still works well

gallsman

Currently using the 48 hour trial from Flawless Hosting. It's absolutely brilliant. Miles better then Sportsmania so far.

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on December 22, 2017, 10:13:00 PM
Currently using the 48 hour trial from Flawless Hosting. It's absolutely brilliant. Miles better then Sportsmania so far.

I must have said similar on here 4/5 times since I got IPTV..

What the looking now for yearly sub?

laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on December 22, 2017, 10:13:00 PM
I'm using fabiptv for the sports. It's excellent also. Not a hint of buffering.
Have Terrarium Tv then for movies and TV Shows.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Ah yeah but I was waiting for SM subscription to run out before going elsewhere. Only downside I can see so far after a brief skim compared to SM is that the on demand section isn't quite as good

RTE 1 and 2 in HD a big plus come the summer.

Flawless are looking £10 quid a month for their full package or £7 for only the sports.

What you paying on fabiptv laoislad?

Boycey

Shouldn't cost any more than £20 probably less to add VOD to your IPTV.. U will hardly bother with Terrariium or the like again..

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on December 22, 2017, 10:36:05 PM
Shouldn't cost any more than £20 probably less to add VOD to your IPTV.. U will hardly bother with Terrariium or the like again..

Sorry, I meant the sports on demand section as always liked the one on  SM where sporting events were more or less guaranteed to be available the following afternoon. (great for boxing and MMA)

For movies and TV there's plenty of free add ons that do the job fine.

laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on December 22, 2017, 10:33:38 PM
Ah yeah but I was waiting for SM subscription to run out before going elsewhere. Only downside I can see so far after a brief skim compared to SM is that the on demand section isn't quite as good

Flawless are looking £10 quid a month for their full package or £7 for only the sports.

I think it was £6.50/month. I signed up for 6 months or something.
Full package was £9.50 or something like that but I don't really need all those channels. Terrarium good enough for what I need.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on December 22, 2017, 10:33:38 PM

You can get subs now for about €50 a year from a reseller and they'll probably be using flawless or something similar themselves. They buy in bulk obviously and get substantial discounts. I was chatting to a guy online earlier and he'll sell me lines for £15 depending on how many I'd buy

gallsman

Sounds interesting. Any chance you could put me in touch with someone please?

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on December 22, 2017, 10:39:35 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 22, 2017, 10:36:05 PM

Sorry, I meant the sports on demand section as always liked the one on  SM where sporting events were more or less guaranteed to be available the following afternoon. (great for boxing and MMA)

For movies and TV there's plenty of free add ons that do the job fine.

Some of them (mine doesn't) have full catch up tv for the previous seven days so ur boxing or MMA would be guaranteed to be there..

Yeah I hear you about the movies and tv but the way I look at it is that as you know nothing stays the same for long anymore and sooner or later you will be looking for a new app or addon while with IPTV it's there all the time on the same platform with an EPG so at 20 odd quid I see it as a no brainer plus more and more I'm seeing the VOD included as standard..the VOD on mine has about 10000 items in it

gallsman

True enough, I'm on my third movies/TV add-on in about eighteen months

Smokin Joe

Boycey, why do you think that IPTV will stay the same within 12 - 18 months, but that Kodi doesn't?
What's the fundamental difference?

gallsman

Kodi will be absolutely fine. It's great software.

It's the various illegal (and highly useful!) add ons that can come and go like the wind.

Boycey

Quote from: Smokin Joe on December 23, 2017, 09:23:04 AM
Boycey, why do you think that IPTV will stay the same within 12 - 18 months, but that Kodi doesn't?
What's the fundamental difference?

As Gallsman says theres nought wrong with Kodi but the add-ons and their creators seem to be under pressure. I posted a link a couple of pages back that gives a bit of background. The content will always be on the internet but without these addons to trawl the internet to find and present the links to us in a convenient manner we'd never find it..

Currently the IPTV providers will have the content stored on their own servers and I think its worth a small premium to be able to access it along side your sport/live tv and without having to fire up another device and remote to do it :-)

The problems IPTV is having with the Premier League block in the UK suggests that it might have a limited shelf life too but currently its hard to knock.