Liam Watson to Dublin

Started by heffo, February 20, 2014, 02:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Stories emerging the last couple of days that he's been approached by Dublin.

Hope it isn't true and it's blocked as a contrived transfer..

AZOffaly

I didn't realise he'd been 'approached' by Dublin. Surely Dublin are doing fine in developing their own lads at this stage. I assumed he had moved to Dublin and wanted to chance his arm with the Dubs.

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 20, 2014, 02:25:16 PM
I didn't realise he'd been 'approached' by Dublin. Surely Dublin are doing fine in developing their own lads at this stage. I assumed he had moved to Dublin and wanted to chance his arm with the Dubs.

No-one I've asked has any information on it as yet, am only going on what has been in the papers.

From what I've seen of him, he'd be a useful addition but I for one wouldn't want him and wouldn't want to win an AI with a contrived transfer as a contributory factor

Canalman

Personally would be very disappointed if it came to pass. Not so sure though if there is any substance to the story.

Croí na hÉireann

Paper talk I'd say, couldn't see him leave Loughgiel. What's yer thinking on winning an AI with former Laois U21 Sean George (his brother a current Laois U21)? I know was born in Ballymun but left early enough I think.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

deiseach

Quick, lock this thread before Dont Matter finds it!

heffo

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 20, 2014, 04:36:49 PM
Paper talk I'd say, couldn't see him leave Loughgiel. What's yer thinking on winning an AI with former Laois U21 Sean George (his brother a current Laois U21)? I know was born in Ballymun but left early enough I think.

No issue whatsoever with Sean George - born & grew up in Ballymun, parents bought a cheap house in Laois and lived there for a few years - he moved back to Dublin and now lives and studies in Dublin

Dont Matter

So is this the latest step to try and hand Dublin a hurling All Ireland? All the money, facilities, etc etc etc etc etc haven't been enough so it's time to emulate the time Dublin could actually win titles, let players from outside the county do it for them.
They already have some help from outside counties, they now need a high scoring forward. Liam Watson fits the bill. How long has he lived in Dublin? Maybe he'll tog out in a football game for someone in a reverse of the Seánie Johnson affair.
There's teams around the country trying their best to keep hurling alive, struggling away with nothing but hard work. Then there's Dublin. Handed millions, handed top class coaches at all levels, handed the greatest facilities in Ireland, handed home advantage whenever possible, now handed players they wish for?
I've been saying for years that Dublin are bad for real GAA people, they're making it a joke. They'll finish the game as we know it if somethings not done soon.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on February 20, 2014, 05:59:44 PM
No issue whatsoever with Sean George - born & grew up in Ballymun, parents bought a cheap house in Laois and lived there for a few years - he moved back to Dublin and now lives and studies in Dublin

Developed in Laois, I'd say it wont be long till you lot have sneaky words in his brothers ear. In fairness they were born in Dublin but it wont be long till your scouts are out poaching youngsters who weren't. It's working okay for your clubs.
Pay them to go to college, line up a nice, cushy job for them afterwards, give their family some free tickets etc to keep them onside and all they'll have to do is declare for the Dubs. You'll be like the strange men heading round in white vans offering kids sweeties to get in with them. GAA kidnappers.
Peter Quinn

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on February 20, 2014, 07:37:07 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 20, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

Developed in Laois

Indeed. ye can't even get double figures to some of your development squad sessions.

Dont Matter

Young fellas are busy working down these parts. Not like in Dubilan where they can get money off their thieving parents, be they bankers or junkies.
Peter Quinn

Zulu

County Board Statement: No approach made to Liam Watson   20/02/2014

In light of growing speculation the Dublin County Board wishes to state that neither the Dublin senior hurling management nor the Dublin County Board have made any approaches to Loughiel hurler, Liam Watson, with regard to him transferring his county or club allegiances.

Taken from www.hill16.ie

Dont Matter

Quote from: Zulu on February 20, 2014, 09:19:57 PM

In light of growing speculation the Dublin County Board wishes to state that neither the Dublin senior hurling management nor the Dublin County Board have made any approaches to Loughiel hurler, Liam Watson, with regard to him transferring his county or club allegiances.

Taken from www.hill16.ie

That's like them 2 Fianna Fáil boys claiming they didn't have a clue the IMF were negotiating a deal.
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on February 20, 2014, 09:29:14 PM
Quote from: Zulu on February 20, 2014, 09:19:57 PM

Taken from www.hill16.ie

That's like them 2 Fianna Fáil boys claiming they didn't have a clue the IMF were negotiating a deal.

Up your Jaxe

deiseach