Sean Óg not part of Denis Walsh's plans

Started by heffo, October 18, 2010, 01:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Statement on behalf of Seán Óg Ó hAilpín

I met with the Cork hurling manager, Denis Walsh, on Saturday last (16th September) where he informed me that I was not in his plans for the Cork Hurling Panel. I would love to continue to play for Cork, but I must respect the manager's decision in this regard.

I will however keep playing with my club Na Piarsaigh.

I would like to thank all the players who I played with over my fourteen year career. I have always taken immense pride in wearing the Cork jersey and representing the county I love. I wish the Cork team the best of luck in their future endeavours.

I would like to thank all of the Cork supporters and GAA supporters around the country for their phenomenal support throughout my career.

I do not wish to make any further comment on this matter.

Corcaigh abú.

There's a first for you!

Hopefully he'll go out with a bit of dignity left and not make an issue out of it!!

Peter Solan the Great

I hope this isnt the end of his media/personal appearances career. His agent will also be out of the pocket.  ::)

This is a sting from a dying wasp. desperate to keep his name in the loop. Good ridance.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2010/1018/ohailpins.html

AZOffaly

Can I also announce my retirement? Joe Dooley won't return my calls.

Banana Man

orangeman

Last Saturday 16th September ??? Does he mean October ?

Big call on the part of Walsh given that they got rid of Gerald and brought in Walsh.

Gerald would never have done this to Sean Og.

Statement on behalf of Seán Óg Ó hAilpín .

I met with the Cork hurling manager, Denis Walsh, on Saturday last (16th September) where he informed me that I was not in his plans for the Cork Hurling Panel. I would love to continue to play for Cork, but I must respect the manager's decision in this regard.

I will however keep playing with my club Na Piarsaigh.

I would like to thank all the players who I played with over my fourteen year career. I have always taken immense pride in wearing the Cork jersey and representing the county I love. I wish the Cork team the best of luck in their future endeavours.

I would like to thank all of the Cork supporters and GAA supporters around the country for their phenomenal support throughout my career.

I do not wish to make any further comment on this matter.

Corcaigh abú.

the colonel

The players got rid of Gerald, it was the County Board who appointed Walsh ;)
the difference between success and failure is energy

orangeman

Quote from: the colonel on October 18, 2010, 03:57:28 PM
The players got rid of Gerald, it was the County Board who appointed Walsh ;)

Now it's all starting to make sense !!!  ;)

Murphy and co master plan ?.

theskull1

Jesus the media love to spin

"A report in today's Irish Examiner said that O hAilpín had met Walsh and his support team and that it was understood he had taken a decision to retire from inter-county hurling over the weekend."

The media love to poke at the bees nest just to put ink on a page. Theres no mileage in reporting facts first. Just throw out A version so that it has to get a response

Don't see any controversy here at all. Every player has his time to go and walsh thinks Sean Ogs time is now. I personally would agree with him but thats beside the point

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Reillers

So one of the greatest Cork defenders, a player who was part of the best HB line in Ireland, who has done so much for the game, retires, and that's all ye've got to say. Off ye pop to the soccer forums, where you'll fit in just fine.

A complete gentleman, who has done so much for the game, on and off the pitch, absolutely brilliant promoter of the game, with the exceptions of a few clowns who were taken in by media shite, most people have complete respect for a lad.
This bullshit about him and money is just that, bullshit, never looked for a cent when it came to presenting medals, but that never stopped the media or clowns who believed it.
But great to see the bitter, true colours of people on here being shown.

I wish him the very best in his retirement and hopefully he'll be involved down the line in some shape or form. Sad thing is that he is  an outstanding athlete and crazy fit, and could have kept going for year.

A fantastic player and ambassador for the GAA, never a more honest player you'd find.

And to think that all that was done, all his best performances were put in after he was told he'd never play again after that car accident.

Absolute legend of a player and will be missed big time even for his presence alone. And it'll be strange going into the championship without him. An absolute legend. 

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on October 18, 2010, 06:55:24 PM
So one of the greatest Cork defenders, a player who was part of the best HB line in Ireland, who has done so much for the game, retires, and that's all ye've got to say. Off ye pop to the soccer forums, where you'll fit in just fine.

A complete gentleman, who has done so much for the game, on and off the pitch, absolutely brilliant promoter of the game, with the exceptions of a few clowns who were taken in by media shite, most people have complete respect for a lad.
This bullshit about him and money is just that, bullshit, never looked for a cent when it came to presenting medals, but that never stopped the media or clowns who believed it.

I wish him the very best in his retirement and hopefully he'll be involved down the line in some shape or form. Sad thing is that he is  an outstanding athlete and crazy fit, and could have kept going for year.

A fantastic player and ambassador for the GAA, never a more honest player you'd find.

And to think that all that was done, all his best performances were put in after he was told he'd never play again after that car accident.

Absolute legend of a player and will be missed big time even for his presence alone. And it'll be strange going into the championship without him. An absolute legend.
Ah yes the Cork propaganda machine kicks in. Reillers post some facts for a change. Under F in inthe dictionary.

As it happens I think Walsh has made a big mistake. Cork havent the hurlers to discard him.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on October 18, 2010, 06:59:43 PM

Ah yes the Cork propaganda machine kicks in. Reillers post some facts for a change. Under F in inthe dictionary.

As it happens I think Walsh has made a big mistake. Cork havent the hurlers to discard him.

What of what I said needs facts to back it up, I'm going to guess that it's not the praise of Sean Og, so it's the 3 or 4 words on the media bullshit and clowns who believe it? They never had an ounce of fact to back what they said, and sad thing is it was always "fans" it seemed to come from, and sadly, not even Cork fans at that, but you would struggle to find a single club where he presented medals and took money for it.

But what a bitter man you are. Even if he did, well f**k it it shouldn't matter, he was an outstanding ambasador to the game and just a genuinly honest gent. It shouldn't matter. But f**k it stay bitter and twisted for the rest of your life.

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on October 18, 2010, 07:08:29 PM

What of what I said needs facts to back it up, I'm going to guess that it's not the praise of Sean Og, so it's the 3 or 4 words on the media bullshit and clowns who believe it? They never had an ounce of fact to back what they said, and sad thing is it was always "fans" it seemed to come from, and sadly, not even Cork fans at that, but you would struggle to find a single club where he presented medals and took money for it.

But what a bitter man you are. Even if he did, well f**k it it shouldn't matter, he was an outstanding ambasador to the game and just a genuinly honest gent. It shouldn't matter. But f**k it stay bitter and twisted for the rest of your life.

Reillers steady on. I'm sure you can re-necogiate with Adidas. No need to take it out on me.

I've already said Walsh has made a mistake. What more do you want.

Cork are really struggling at hurling now. Its hard to see where the net generation of Cork hurlers are. Looks like football is set to take over.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on October 18, 2010, 07:11:10 PM

Reillers steady on. I'm sure you can re-necogiate with Adidas. No need to take it out on me.

Cork are really struggling at hurling now. Its hard to see where the net generation of Cork hurlers are. Looks like football is set to take over.

No your bitter bullshit, and the same goes for most who have posted on here so far, does my head in. You tell me what bullshit I wrote and what FACTS you have.

Sean Og is an absolute gent who was totally fucked over by so called "supporters" who know f**k all about the game, bullshit rumours about his agent, demanding hundreds off clubs for medal presentations, all rumours, no FACT. Like I said you couldn't find a single person in Cork who would tell you that he took a cent of any club. And the pathetic thing is that some people actually believed it.

The media doesn't mention that he'd always be one of the last standing there singing autographs for the kids, or going out of his way to be just nice to ya, a completely sincere lad and while he was never the best communicator to the media, and some of the things he said were taken the wrong way, and not gotten across what he actually meant.
A true gent and an ambasadar to the game, the rumours about Sean Og were always plain bullshit, and totally out of character for the man he is.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on October 18, 2010, 07:20:22 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on October 18, 2010, 07:11:10 PM

No your bitter bullshit, and the same goes for most who have posted on here so far, does my head in. You tell me what bullshit I wrote and what FACTS you have.

Sean Og is an absolute gent who was totally fucked over by so called "supporters" who know f**k all about the game, bullshit rumours about his agent, demanding hundreds off clubs for medal presentations, all rumours, no FACT. Like I said you couldn't find a single person in Cork who would tell you that he took a cent of any club. And the pathetic thing is that some people actually believed it.

The media doesn't mention that he'd always be one of the last standing there singing autographs for the kids, or going out of his way to be just nice to ya, a completely sincere lad and while he was never the best communicator to the media, and some of the things he said were taken the wrong way, and not gotten across what he actually meant.
A true gent and an ambasadar to the game, the rumours about Sean Og were always plain bullshit, and totally out of character for the man he is.

I'll try and wade through the crap & hyperbole that you've posted Reillers.

Looking for money for presenting medals - my brother-in law is heavily involved in a club in West Waterford - he was referred to Sean Óg's agent when he enquired after his availability to present medals, two years ago in the off-season. That is fact.

He was a fantastic player in his prime. He may have slipped a little in the last year or two, but imo still would've had a role to play in the panel even if not always in the first fifteen - bad move on Walsh's part imo..

Unfortunately for Sean Óg, his actions in the last strike will forever tarnish his reputation for a lot of GAA people..