It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2019, 11:40:21 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 09, 2019, 11:11:14 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2019, 09:54:10 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2019, 09:47:27 PM
There are arseholes on both sides mr but what is happening in new lodge is not deemed culture or oppression of culture by anyone.

(Ok by anyone with any sense)

And the shooting/killing of the the journalist in Derry, the devices being left to blow up police. But it's fine really
???
Is that an answer to "but what is happening in new lodge is not deemed culture or oppression of culture by anyone"?

So what is happening in the Newlodge, Derry, Newry?

It's not an answer to the above question, but to think that all is fine and 'we' don't have the same entrenched views is silly. There are some people in these areas that have enough people to listen to them, that it actually does not take much to convince them that what they are doing is right, and a just cause. Bonefires, shootings, robbery's, killings, and whatever else

Even if we have 100 people thinking that thats a 100 people too many, look after our own would be the best way forward and the others should follow, continue to mimic others then it will continue. Embarrassing

MS look at the response to this bonfires by the majority of nationalists and even the political leaders. Michelle O'Neill  for all her faults has come out with a good post condemning it as a hate display. Can you see the leaders of the DUP, UUP, etc coming out with the same for the 11th Night? I can't.
Your never going to be able to eradicate it completely as there's always be pockets of stupidity/ hate in society. I don't think too many nationalists would view internment as part of their culture. However there would be a fair % of unionists would consider the 12th as their culture. But to be fair I think those numbers are falling and I've noticed more and more unionists distance themselves from it in recent years. So I think it's going in the right direction.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trailer

Quote from: hardstation on August 09, 2019, 11:27:09 AM
Quote from: trailer on August 09, 2019, 11:09:17 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 09, 2019, 11:04:36 AM
I blame the parents.

If they have any... These are 3rd, 4th and 5th generational issues. A life of drink, drugs, crime. No jobs. No interest in bettering themselves or their communities. An incredible lack of intelligence. Failed from a young age. Deprived areas. But mostly a breakdown of family and the normal support structures that exist in other areas. Sad.
Yes, it is very sad. So sad in fact that you have asked for their benefits to be stopped, for them to be evicted from their homes and you have also described them as "just awful human beings". But still and all you find it very sad.
If being a self righteous, condescending p***k makes you feel better about yourself - carry on.

Lol. Who pissed on your chips?

Pub Bore

Quote from: bogball88 on August 08, 2019, 03:56:00 PM
Took a spin around this morning on way in to work about 9.30. Some lad in his 30s swigging from a can of Coors seemed be operating things for the hoods  ;D

Coors??  He should be scooped for that alone.

Denn Forever

Was there any trouble at the bonfire site?  I heard that a Cross bow was used, how very Game of Thrones.  Was there a lot of trouble there?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

RedHand88

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 09, 2019, 12:14:57 PM
Was there any trouble at the bonfire site?  I heard that a Cross bow was used, how very Game of Thrones.  Was there a lot of trouble there?

Two in hospital with stab wounds, theres videos on Twitter of the low life ruining round brandishing an 8 inch blade. But hey, internment or something.

armaghniac

Woman on Joe Duffy now talking about this bonfire sh i te in Newry. What class of braindead individuals are at this?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GJL

I would imagine that 99% of all people in the 6 counties would be happy to see ALL bonfires completely banned. Culture my a$$.

I wish the politicians would have the balls to make this law and demand the police/authorities enforce it. The secret would be to prevent them even starting to build them and then no big contractors needed to go in to remove them. The whole thing is an embarrassment.

trailer

Quote from: GJL on August 09, 2019, 02:07:45 PM
I would imagine that 99% of all people in the 6 counties would be happy to see ALL bonfires completely banned. Culture my a$$.

I wish the politicians would have the balls to make this law and demand the police/authorities enforce it. The secret would be to prevent them even starting to build them and then no big contractors needed to go in to remove them. The whole thing is an embarrassment.

Good point but we don't actually have a government in the north to address this issue.

Hereiam

Or a police force that is wiling to upset their fellow brethren

imtommygunn

There are arseholes on both sides mr but what is happening in new lodge is not deemed culture or oppression of culture by anyone.

And the shooting/killing of the the journalist in Derry, the devices being left to blow up police. But it's fine really

Who said it was fine? Ridiculous response.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 09, 2019, 03:29:12 PM

Who said it was fine? Ridiculous response.

Possibly, I felt you were going down the road of we're bad, but they are 'badder' I'll take it back then.

The lads in Newlodge feel it's their culture to light bonefires for interment. They are run by dissident republicans, same as Newry and the actions of the Dissidents in Derry. It's a 'show' of remembering the troubles. The prods are remembering the 12th. Rightly or wrongly. Depending on where you are from

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I wasn't.

There is as sinister an element in this as there is in the bonfire at a Avoniel. Thinly veiled threats of violence and illustrations of who is actually in charge and certainly not politicians.

The new lodge thing has much less support thankfully.

marty34

Nationalists seem to be as one saying these lads are pricks and the bonefire is not wanted in these area. A couple in Belfast, Newry and Derry.  They want this ended.

Féile an Phobail has been a super transition in west Belfast from bonefires and rioting etc. to debates, discussion and the various art forms.  A templatefor other communities.

Compare this to loyalist areas and their support of the Avoniel bonefire.

So to lump it as 'they're as bad as each other' is waffle.

Wildweasel74

Bunch wee scumbags who wouldn't know what a day's work is

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on August 09, 2019, 07:02:41 PM
Nationalists seem to be as one saying these lads are pricks and the bonefire is not wanted in these area. A couple in Belfast, Newry and Derry.  They want this ended.

Féile an Phobail has been a super transition in west Belfast from bonefires and rioting etc. to debates, discussion and the various art forms.  A templatefor other communities.

Compare this to loyalist areas and their support of the Avoniel bonefire.

So to lump it as 'they're as bad as each other' is waffle.

There ya go tommy, scratch the surface a little bit and they can't help themselves
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea