Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 08, 2020, 01:14:03 PM
Good baller but way over rated. Has been a flop in too many big games for my liking. If other players had got the chances for Tyrone that he got.

He hasn't done enough in the big games but the same could be levelled at other big name players, Mattie Donnelly has had a lot of very underwhelming performance in recent years.

Over the past decade the top 4 performers for Tyrone have been the two Cavanaghs, Harte and Donnelly.

I think Petey should play in the full forward line any more, he was excellent there in the league game against Dublin. He is too easily tagged in the middle of the pitch and gets zero protection from match officials as we saw against Kerry last year.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

southtyronegael

No doubt Mickey will find a place for him anyway. He must have played every position at this stage.

tiempo

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 08, 2020, 01:31:54 PM
No doubt Mickey will find a place for him anyway. He must have played every position at this stage.

Anyone read big Finbarr's article in Gaelic Life? Legend of a Gael. Maybe we need to look at his suggestion and get Niall Morgan into the front 6, excellent outfielder. And as you say a position will be found for Petey so maybe he could be the sweeper keeper / our version of Cluxton? Petey Donnelly been doing the same job for the Island so it makes sense

trueblue1234

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 08, 2020, 01:31:54 PM

I'm embarrassed for you.  :D

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Club boi

Good baller but way over rated. Has been a flop in too many big games for my liking. If other players had got the chances for Tyrone that he got.

+ 1

trueblue1234

Quote from: Club boi on September 08, 2020, 02:02:35 PM

+ 1

I'd say if you ask people outside the county to name the current 3 best players in the Tyrone panel, Peter would be in most people's current top 3.

southtyronegael

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 08, 2020, 02:46:54 PM

+ 1

I'd say if you ask people outside the county to name the current 3 best players in the Tyrone panel, Peter would be in most people's current top 3.
of course he would. Sure he has never been subbed since he joined the panel so he must play deadly in every game right?

southtyronegael

Quote from: hardstation on September 08, 2020, 02:58:55 PM
If you're gonna start getting rid of Tyrone players who "flop" in big games, you've some readin out to do before you get to Peter Harte. They've barely won one in 12 years!
Peter Harte has played in most of them.

trueblue1234

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 08, 2020, 03:02:15 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 08, 2020, 02:46:54 PM

+ 1

of course he would. Sure he has never been subbed since he joined the panel so he must play deadly in every game right?

You do realise that makes no sense. Do you have to play deadly in every game to be picked? I'd imagine we would struggle to field a team if that's the case. Just accept that your opinion differs greatly to the vast majority of GAA people and that there's a fair chance your wrong. (Or got an agenda to pursue). 

southtyronegael

You don't have to play deadly every game but if you play shite you deserve to get took off unless your uncle Mickey is the manager.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 08, 2020, 03:20:37 PM
You don't have to play deadly every game but if you play shite you deserve to get took off unless your uncle Mickey is the manager.

Did Mickey Harte ever take Sean Cavanagh off if he was having a bad game?

Does he ever take Mattie Donnelly off if he's having a bad game?

Would he take Cathal McShane off anymore if he's having a bad game?

You generally keep your most dangerous and influential players on the pitch.

Harte was having a pretty indifferent AI semi final against Monaghan in 2018 but came to life in the last 15 minutes and was influential is us winning that match. That's what he is capable of and we have very few players as talented and capable as he is.

southtyronegael

Did Harte not take Sean cavanagh off against Dublin in 2017 semi? And it his last game, but then they weren't related.

trueblue1234

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 08, 2020, 03:20:37 PM

And what if your consistently in the top performers on the team? Even in the days when Peter's poor he's usually taking up a lot of the opponents attention. And there's plenty of other people who have had shite games and haven't been taken off as well. Maybe they're all related to Mickey.

As I said your an embarrassment.  :D

southtyronegael

It's all irrelevant anyway as long as Mickey is manager.  I wonder was Jim Gavin watching the games the last 2 weekends?

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 08, 2020, 03:29:11 PM
Did Harte not take Sean cavanagh off against Dublin in 2017 semi? And it his last game, but then they weren't related.

Maybe he wanted him to get an ovation?

He took his nephew off at half time against Antrim last year.