Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Young O'Neill certainly looks a little heavier than you would expect in some of the still photographs - but he gets around pretty good. Seems a little young to be carrying some extra timber however.

Are county boards still fining clubs for not playing in the requisite uniforms - down to and including the socks? I see a few of the Omagh players deviating from the black ones.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Puckoon on November 03, 2014, 04:10:47 PM
Young O'Neill certainly looks a little heavier than you would expect in some of the still photographs - but he gets around pretty good. Seems a little young to be carrying some extra timber however.

Are county boards still fining clubs for not playing in the requisite uniforms - down to and including the socks? I see a few of the Omagh players deviating from the black ones.
david mckennas red underarmour too.
that deserves a fine in fairness
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mr. Nakata

With regards to O'Neill looking a touch on the sturdy side...I think it's his gait...when you look at him in his civvies there's not a pick on him...let alone any sign of timber. When that first ball went into him yesterday he was away from Morgan like a whippet...and the skill for the dummy solo and point in the second half was a joy to behold. The lad is pure class.

brokencrossbar1

Congratulations to Omagh yesterday and to any of the Omagh heads on here.  They matched us in the second half and worked hard and as a result the ball fell their way.  That's the way the thing goes and they have to be commended on that.  There are questions that can be asked about refereeing and other matters but the reality is that the team that worked hardest for the full 60 minutes and most importantly for the last 10 minutes won.  The sendings off played a key part in that as many of our men were dead on their feet by then and the decision making went awry but there are no complaints about either sending off.

Anyway best of luck now for the rest of the championship, remember there are no medals given out for winning 1/ finals no matter who you beat.  The semi opponents will be tough enough,  probably Letterkenny, but they are very beatable. I reckon Slaughtniel might surprise a few on the other side of the draw and get through,  Mickey Moran is a shrewd man on the line.  They will play a very similar brand of football to Omagh and the final would be a very attritional one if both teams make it but it is there for Omagh to win it if they want to.  They have the talent anyway.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Puckoon on November 03, 2014, 03:10:13 PM
Joe would be around 32, with Justy another year or two behind that at ~30/31. Not sure what age Conor is. Management team Lawrence Strain - Drumquin man originally, Barry McGinn - long time St Enda's stalwart.

Joe would be 31 at most, was in my year at school. That would leave Justy around 29.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on November 03, 2014, 06:09:45 PM
With regards to O'Neill looking a touch on the sturdy side...I think it's his gait...when you look at him in his civvies there's not a pick on him...let alone any sign of timber. When that first ball went into him yesterday he was away from Morgan like a whippet...and the skill for the dummy solo and point in the second half was a joy to behold. The lad is pure class.

Think your right, its the townie slouch, big Joe is the same

Jason McAnulla on the other hand whos a culchie, looks like a drink of water in the street, but on the pitch he's as hard as nails

WT4E

What did T Kernan do?

Congratulations to Omagh - I see they are favourites to win outright now with the bookies - it would be some achievement.

In other news Kildress have appointed a new manager - Barry Dillon (trainer of Ardboe last year and Jordanstown)

The Trap

I said if Omagh were within striking distance with 15 minutes to go they could do it and to be fair to them they finished very strongly. A lot of things went right for them on the day: sickness in the Cross camp, 2 sendings off at a crucial stage, O'Neills attempt at a point ending up in second goal, Jamie Clarke not getting a free in...........however they also got a brilliant goal from O'Neill, a solid display from MacAnulla, real graft from Meyler and A Grugan, a strong second half in midfield and held Cross scoreless for last 30 mins so they have to be highly commended. They now have as good a chance as anyone left to win Ulster.......

The Clarkes came up short against a reportedly strong Warrenpoint team. It could be good in the long run as this will give them time to prepare for senior. It could be a tough year in 2015 and they will do well to stay in division one as they will come up against teams like Warrenpoint every week!

Rock won handy enough and with the Monaghan and Cavan champions out they will be expected to keep progressing. I am hearing that Keady are good and they could be the fly in the ointment for them.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 04, 2014, 12:36:11 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on November 03, 2014, 03:10:13 PM
Joe would be around 32, with Justy another year or two behind that at ~30/31. Not sure what age Conor is. Management team Lawrence Strain - Drumquin man originally, Barry McGinn - long time St Enda's stalwart.

Joe would be 31 at most, was in my year at school. That would leave Justy around 29.

Joe was on the 2001 AI winning minor side, so that would leave him around 31 alright
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

stillsenior

Quote from: WT4E on November 04, 2014, 11:54:29 AM
What did T Kernan do?

Congratulations to Omagh - I see they are favourites to win outright now with the bookies - it would be some achievement.

In other news Kildress have appointed a new manager - Barry Dillon (trainer of Ardboe last year and Jordanstown)

Struck Omagh No 5 off the ball. Silly action especially when umpires had already called referee on 3 occasions which led to players being booked. Referee was also chatting on his mic constantly to them and linesmen

everymanaman

Tyrone fixtures makers taking lots of plaudits for the early finish this year but did the reserve legaues not descend into a bit of a farce?
What has happened the Div 2 reserve league?? 3 teams level, who are the winners? Not that it matters greatly outside of the teams involved!!

WT4E

Quote from: everymanaman on November 04, 2014, 12:37:09 PM
Tyrone fixtures makers taking lots of plaudits for the early finish this year but did the reserve legaues not descend into a bit of a farce?
What has happened the Div 2 reserve league?? 3 teams level, who are the winners? Not that it matters greatly outside of the teams involved!!

It definitely does matter to some teams - I hear its going to the ulster council for a decision - AFAIK Loughmacrory putting in a complaint about Greencastle finishing level on points with the others.

blewuporstuffed

i think it raises the wider issue of the state of reserve football in general with large numbers of reserve fixtures in all divisions not being fullfilled this season

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 04, 2014, 01:53:07 PM
i think it raises the wider issue of the state of reserve football in general with large numbers of reserve fixtures in all divisions not being fullfilled this season

The problem was the reserve championship being finished for the first week in July, that meant it was hard to motivate the players to continue training for league games that would be played in September/October, and in fairness to the fixtures committee they listened to players in the review from the previous season, same with the senior championship in playing the compo earlier, but I think on reflection the reserve championship needed to held back to keep the reserve league going.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on November 04, 2014, 02:01:50 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 04, 2014, 01:53:07 PM

The problem was the reserve championship being finished for the first week in July, that meant it was hard to motivate the players to continue training for league games that would be played in September/October, and in fairness to the fixtures committee they listened to players in the review from the previous season, same with the senior championship in playing the compo earlier, but I think on reflection the reserve championship needed to held back to keep the reserve league going.
i dont think playing the reserve championship early would have been that big of an issue if there had be a regular set of fixtures afterwards, plaing everyweek and knowing whats happening in advance.
I think its maybe time to separate the reserve fixtures from tehs enior ones and give the reserve footballers a more regular fixed set of fixtures, these wont be effected by county football , so theer should be very few reasons for fixtures to change