Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

Quote from: amallon on May 02, 2008, 11:29:03 AM
Were these the comments that the "ref was either biased or incompetent"?  Thats a serious mess up by the Irish News

surely if he was getting interviewed after the match he knew his comments would be made public.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Andym2008

No i think you will find that even if my father hadnt of moved from Loughinisland i still would be plaing for An Ríocht today ok!
An yes i did say that the Kingdom will win the championship this year because they will, simple as!
So wherever you are from, An Ríocht Abú
Up da Kingdom

spiritof91and94

Quote from: bridgegael on May 02, 2008, 02:15:24 PM
Were these the comments that the "ref was either biased or incompetent"?  Thats a serious mess up by the Irish News

surely if he was getting interviewed after the match he knew his comments would be made public.

It read;
Clarification;Down manager Ross Carr's post match comments published in the Irish News on Monday April 21 resulted from an on-the-record interview. However, the fact that his specific views on the referee were published was the result of a misunderstanding. Carr cited the "directive from Croke Park not to comment" and assumed that his remarks about the referee would not be published.

Very bizarre - can anyone explain this...

passedit

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on May 02, 2008, 02:29:15 PM
Quote from: bridgegael on May 02, 2008, 02:15:24 PM

It read;
Clarification;Down manager Ross Carr's post match comments published in the Irish News on Monday April 21 resulted from an on-the-record interview. However, the fact that his specific views on the referee were published was the result of a misunderstanding. Carr cited the "directive from Croke Park not to comment" and assumed that his remarks about the referee would not be published.

Very bizarre - can anyone explain this...

They're giving him a bit of wriggle room for his appeal. as much as they can give without losing credibility but not enough to get him off imo.
Don't Panic

amallon

Quote from: Andym2008 on May 02, 2008, 02:25:02 PM
An yes i did say that the Kingdom will win the championship this year because they will, simple as!

Ok you've told us before, we know now. 

On the Irish News thing does it matter if his comments were on or off the record, he still made them.  This is how the people hearing his appeal might see it.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

stiff breeze

Quote from: amallon on May 02, 2008, 02:39:40 PM

On the Irish News thing does it matter if his comments were on or off the record, he still made them.  This is how the people hearing his appeal might see it.

I dont think he should be held accountable for the comments if he didnt want them made public. He was just expressing his opinion and should be allowed to privately. If he knew the interview would be made public then he is accountable.

Bitta-Banter

Darragh Cross 2-16 Tullylish 1-4

TORGAEL

ACFL DIV3

Drumgath 2-7
Glassdrumman 1-8

amallon

Bridge 3-12 Ballyholland 2-9.

We were made to sweat right to the last few minutes when a Benny Coulter goal killed the game off.  The Bridge played without Michael Walsh and Ronan Sexton and were really missed.  Young Ryan Brady came on and caused problems for the Harps, watch out for the name you heard it here first.

Kilcoo 0-11 Castlwellan 0-7.  Anthony Devlin sent off for a straight red there.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

stpauls

ACFL Div 3

St. Paul's 5-14 Bosco 0-08

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: stpauls on May 02, 2008, 09:17:45 PM
ACFL Div 3

Do you have a laptop in the car ??? ;D

In the Onion Bag

stpauls

Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on May 02, 2008, 09:30:19 PM
Quote from: stpauls on May 02, 2008, 09:17:45 PM
ACFL Div 3

Do you have a laptop in the car ??? ;D

i am a 5 minute walk from the pitch, doesn't take me long to get home!!  ;D

Square Ball

what about the Duff? Ardglass?

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

cloneman

Attical 2-6 Annaclone 0-11

Annaclone 2 goals down at half time but dominated second half.  Got level with a couple of minutes to go only for Attical to get their second point of the half which turned out to be the winner.