Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iorras

Quote from: MayoBuck on September 26, 2018, 01:48:36 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 26, 2018, 01:35:34 PM
Solan revealed to the Irish Examiner that a former Mayo senior footballer is also on the verge of joining his ticket and that he has an "experienced coach" lined up to train the Dublin-based Mayo players. 

Any ideas as to they might be?

Maurice Sheridan is probably the former Mayo footballer. I've heard him mentioned by a few people.
Yeah Maurice Sheridan is what I've heard also. DB is in for the Commercial Director position whenever it actually gets opened

twohands!!!

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 26, 2018, 10:40:52 AM
Billy Sheehan will be involved with Solan, is that the same lad who was involved with Cork a few years ago?

The only thing greater than Sheehan's ability to fall upwards seems to be his ambition.

He was with Cork for a year and was also part of the Offaly setup with Wallace for a few months.

Never seems to stay anywhere long-term.

DuffleKing

Quote from: iorras on September 26, 2018, 04:06:09 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on September 26, 2018, 01:48:36 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 26, 2018, 01:35:34 PM
Solan revealed to the Irish Examiner that a former Mayo senior footballer is also on the verge of joining his ticket and that he has an "experienced coach" lined up to train the Dublin-based Mayo players. 

Any ideas as to they might be?

Maurice Sheridan is probably the former Mayo footballer. I've heard him mentioned by a few people.
Yeah Maurice Sheridan is what I've heard also. DB is in for the Commercial Director position whenever it actually gets opened

What does Brady do professionally?

five points

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 27, 2018, 09:55:48 AM
What does Brady do professionally?
Medical/pharma salesman selling to doctors surgeries, last time I heard anyway. Well regarded in the trade apparently.

Rossfan

Will ye have a manager in time for the NFL  or will ye wait till the Tanned One departs the Biffos in March?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

iorras

Quote from: Rossfan on September 27, 2018, 11:18:01 AM
Will ye have a manager in time for the NFL  or will ye wait till the Tanned One departs the Biffos in March?
Dunno, sure the tanned one might go back to ye. He likes swanky buses that man.

rosnarun

delas is done Horan manager  for 2 years and Solan his assistant with built in succession clause .
Selectors are Mike, Noel and ray connelly
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

shark

Quote from: rosnarun on September 27, 2018, 12:02:11 PM
delas is done Horan manager  for 2 years and Solan his assistant with built in succession clause .

Succession "clause"  ::) . They don't actually sign legally bound contracts, you do know that, right?

macdanger2

Quote from: shark on September 27, 2018, 12:54:39 PM

Succession "clause"  ::) . They don't actually sign legally bound contracts, you do know that, right?

I'd say read who the selectors are again shark  :D

shark

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 27, 2018, 01:55:20 PM
Quote from: shark on September 27, 2018, 12:54:39 PM

I'd say read who the selectors are again shark  :D

Ha, ok fair enough. You do hear the talk of "contracts" quite often though when it comes to managers. As if there is actually such thing.

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

twohands!!!

QuoteSTATEMENT RE: MIKE SOLAN REMOVES NAME FROM MANAGERS JOB
Sep 28,2018
Mayo GAA have been informed by Mike Solan that he is withdrawing his name for the role as Mayo Senior football team manager. We would like to thank Mike for putting his name forward for the role & look forward to seeing him involved with Mayo GAA in the future. The officers of Mayo GAA will now meet with James Horan to discuss his management team & plans for 2019.

Statement from Mike Solan:
"Today, I have informed the Mayo County Board that I am withdrawing my name from the nomination process for the Mayo Senior Football Team Manager. I would like to thank everyone who helped me in this process and I would like to wish the Mayo Senior team every success in 2019 and beyond."

From the Mayo GAA website.

Can't help but feel he should have given a reason, even if it was only a cosmetic/makey-up one, as not giving one will lead to lots of speculation/gossip/rumours.

Oh to be a fly on the wall for the meeting between Horan and the officers of the Mayo GAA - be some laugh if he came out and said his planned management team were going to be Peter Ford and Shane Conway.

Will there be a bit of a shotgun wedding feel if/when Horan gets ratified? It doesn't exactly inspire confidence that the drama will end here.

Tubberman

Quote from: twohands!!! on September 28, 2018, 04:12:03 PM
Sep 28,2018
Mayo GAA have been informed by Mike Solan that he is withdrawing his name for the role as Mayo Senior football team manager. We would like to thank Mike for putting his name forward for the role & look forward to seeing him involved with Mayo GAA in the future. The officers of Mayo GAA will now meet with James Horan to discuss his management team & plans for 2019.

"Today, I have informed the Mayo County Board that I am withdrawing my name from the nomination process for the Mayo Senior Football Team Manager. I would like to thank everyone who helped me in this process and I would like to wish the Mayo Senior team every success in 2019 and beyond."

Can't help but feel he should have given a reason, even if it was only a cosmetic/makey-up one, as not giving one will lead to lots of speculation/gossip/rumours.

Oh to be a fly on the wall for the meeting between Horan and the officers of the Mayo GAA - be some laugh if he came out and said his planned management team were going to be Peter Ford and Shane Conway.

Will there be a bit of a shotgun wedding feel if/when Horan gets ratified? It doesn't exactly inspire confidence that the drama will end here.

There was obviously some behind-the-scenes negotiations - we may yet see Solan on the mgmt ticket, a lot of people would be happy with that outcome.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

The amount of money the bag handlers are going to have to be fronting for a Horan style set-up when the team itself is in need of a near-complete overhaul seems like a form of madness.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Tubberman on September 28, 2018, 04:21:15 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on September 28, 2018, 04:12:03 PM
Sep 28,2018

There was obviously some behind-the-scenes negotiations - we may yet see Solan on the mgmt ticket, a lot of people would be happy with that outcome.

If the behind-the-scenes negotiations had been done and dusted and Solan was getting a place on the mgmt ticket, everything would surely have all been announced as a package deal all together.

Based on Solan's statement and the fact that the county board have said they going to have discussions with Horan, I wouldn't rate the chances of Solan being involved with the seniors very high.

Given the way things go for Mayo GAA, I'm half-expecting a meeting to take place and the county board to say that they couldn't come to agreement with Horan.