Croke Park - Bags and Shít

Started by Syferus, June 20, 2017, 03:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 02, 2017, 07:49:25 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2017, 11:54:34 PM
If you are staying the Sat night and heading home after the match on the train it's the only time I bring a bag.... place across the road from Connelly station has a looker rental, they'll have put the prices up no doubt!

That's some service, they kept an eye on your bag until you come back?  I have seen boyos offering to watch your car for a few euros while you're at the match but never your luggage.

I could have spelt that wrong again and it would have been a hooker rental!! Instead of, locker rental  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 02, 2017, 10:33:04 AM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 02, 2017, 07:49:25 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2017, 11:54:34 PM
If you are staying the Sat night and heading home after the match on the train it's the only time I bring a bag.... place across the road from Connelly station has a looker rental, they'll have put the prices up no doubt!

That's some service, they kept an eye on your bag until you come back?  I have seen boyos offering to watch your car for a few euros while you're at the match but never your luggage.

I could have spelt that wrong again and it would have been a hooker rental!! Instead of, locker rental  ;)

Monto isn't what it used to be.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Anyone tried getting in flags/banners under the new rules? Have they clamped down on flag pole length or anything?

mayo.mick

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 02, 2017, 10:42:27 PM
Anyone tried getting in flags/banners under the new rules? Have they clamped down on flag pole length or anything?

Nope, not last Sunday into the Cusack anyway. Had to que with my (small camera bag, did't chance my bigger one). No problem with my flag, 4ft x 4ft, though I've the pole cut to just the length of the flag, makes it a bit handier for transporting! I did notice a lot of drinks cans and bottles on the table, must have been taken off  people. Two young girls on the security check were very pleasant.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Syferus

The bag check line got me inside way faster than the line for the normals my mates went into. Bring a bag if you want to beat the queue..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on August 02, 2017, 11:37:03 PM
The bag check line got me inside way faster than the line for the normals my mates went into. Bring a bag if you want to beat the queue..

Did your missus mind you taking through that line?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

No Orange colours allowed.

If someone can't last a couple of hours without a bag they deserve to be thrown out. Unless for medical reasons.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RedHand88

Quote from: mayo.mick on August 02, 2017, 11:22:59 PM

Nope, not last Sunday into the Cusack anyway. Had to que with my (small camera bag, did't chance my bigger one). No problem with my flag, 4ft x 4ft, though I've the pole cut to just the length of the flag, makes it a bit handier for transporting! I did notice a lot of drinks cans and bottles on the table, must have been taken off  people. Two young girls on the security check were very pleasant.

Cheers mick, was wondering what they would do with you club 51 lads at the weekend. Have a 5x5 with a telescopic pole and was wondering if it would be ok.

Jim_Murphy_74

I did notice a lot of drinks cans and bottles on the table, must have been taken off  people.

To what end would drinks cans and bottles be regarded as a safety issue?  And if they are, can we say that they drink receptacles provided by stadium outlets are safer?

A report like that fuels my suspicion that commercial reasons are at least a consideration in this new policy.

/Jim.

armaghniac

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on August 03, 2017, 02:56:29 PM
I did notice a lot of drinks cans and bottles on the table, must have been taken off  people.

To what end would drinks cans and bottles be regarded as a safety issue?  And if they are, can we say that they drink receptacles provided by stadium outlets are safer?

The receptacles provided inside are a known quantity, those coming in from outside are not.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

A report like that fuels my suspicion that commercial reasons are at least a consideration in this new policy.

/Jim.

I was let in with a water bottle in my hand, that must empty your fuel tank of conspiracy..

Taylor

/Jim.

This is the long term plan - the move is all for commercial purposes

twohands!!!

/Jim.

A closed plastic bottle or can full of liquid makes a very throwable missile - pretty sure some stadiums/festivals actually allow opened containers if the bottle cap is handed over/can is open.

I'd imagine all of the drink receptacles in the stadium are probably of the plastic drinking vessel type.

westbound

Has anyone here actually been stopped bringing a bottle into croke park?

I've been at 4 games over the last few weeks in croker and never yet been stopped from bringing bottles (with caps on) into the ground.

DickyRock

Nope. I brought in bottles of water and snacks for the kids last week. No issue. I had them in a wee drawstring bag (https://www.oneills.com/oneills-gaa-gym-bag.html) but I saw a few people with backpacks inside.