Getting your car tax online ....

Started by oiddas, January 22, 2008, 08:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oiddas

.. is this only available in Engurland or can the plebes in the 6 counties avail of this service?

Orior

You can retax some vehicles by telephone in the occupied six.

See the link below for a ridiculous, confusing, jargon filled, non-user friendly, heavily disguised description of you can and cannot do.

http://www.dvlni.gov.uk/vehicles/renewtax.htm
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

theskull1

Anyone else been unable to tax their cars online?

Heard some spiel about problems only with cars that were first registered in England and brought back here and we're between 3 and 4 years old.

Tried to tax 2 cars which don't fall into the category mentioned above, but its telling me I can't do it online or via the phone service and that I need to go to the post office to get it done

Back to the dark ages it would seem

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Rois

Me - tried two days ago.

Went to the Post Office today.

I didn't seem to have a new style V11 reminder form that has a number on it, nor did it recognise my car from it's log book number.

Waste of flippin time.

theskull1

NAG1

Quote from: Rois on August 27, 2014, 03:46:34 PM
Me - tried two days ago.

Went to the Post Office today.

I didn't seem to have a new style V11 reminder form that has a number on it, nor did it recognise my car from it's log book number.

Waste of flippin time.

Only certain post offices will do the renewal with the V11 form, some will do both and some with only do the v10 form.

Stall the Bailer

I had the same problem. Post office couldn't even do it. They had to send me out a new tax book first. Be sure to look into it before your current disc expires.

GJL

Causing some bother. I bring cars in from England to sell on and it is proving a pain in the a$$. I shudder to think what cherished transfers are going to be like..

Rois

Quote from: NAG1 on August 27, 2014, 04:13:43 PM
Only certain post offices will do the renewal with the V11 form, some will do both and some with only do the v10 form.
Ah well I got it done at Post Office - online was just a no-no.
Post Office on Howard St in Belfast worked grand (despite long queue). 

TabClear

Maanged to do mine online a couple of weeks ago. Reminder that the DVLNI send out  is useless as it does not have the correct refrence but if you have your log book you should be fine.

theskull1

Quote from: TabClear on August 27, 2014, 06:02:23 PM
Maanged to do mine online a couple of weeks ago. Reminder that the DVLNI send out  is useless as it does not have the correct refrence but if you have your log book you should be fine.

The v5c option doesnt work for me either

BenDover

Trying the V5C option online but not getting anywhere, just did this over the phone - handy enuf

Rois

Quote from: TabClear on August 27, 2014, 06:02:23 PM
I wasn't fine - had log book, car was 100% first registered and kept in NI.  Just didn't recognise it.

Armaghgeddon

It is an absolutre pain in the hole doing it online, just have to keep trying.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Just did it. Took less than 5 minutes. Used 11 digit number from tax book.