Scottish independence referendum thread

Started by deiseach, September 07, 2014, 11:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you have/had a vote, how will/would you vote?

Yes
122 (87.8%)
No
17 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: September 18, 2014, 11:36:16 AM

Olly

Would Scotland be a poor country then?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Ronnie

Depends what you mean by 'poor'.  Interesting times.  I laughed out loud when Theresa May said that "Politics is not a game" and I haven't lol-ed since I found out what lol meant.  Britain is a genuinely funny country.  Constitutionally it's always been all over the place.  In Northern Ireland Sinn Fein should be concentrating on collating the obvious anti-Brexit alliance rather than hanging the future of any Stormont government on who leads the DUP.  They would be surprised just how many small u unionists are out there.  It should also consider taking their few seats at Westminster.  I'd said NI will be used as a test case before any 2nd referendum.  If there's no special status for us then Scotland will definitely have to abide by the will of the entire British people.  No doubt there'll have to be some internal allowances made.  Voters see through out-dated dogma and it's usually counter-productive as Jeremy Corbyn is finding to his cost.  As May has said more the once "Brexit means Brexit".

Rossfan

Quote from: Olly on March 13, 2017, 10:26:30 PM
According to Scot Nats it's one of the richest countries in the world.
It has oil.
I suspect the SNP are angling for some special status type deal.
They've stolen Brexit's thunder as I believe the trigger isn't  being pulled tomorrow as planned.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Olly on March 13, 2017, 10:26:30 PM

They'd never be generous with their expenditure.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

The 26 counties left the UK under circumstances similar to what we see now. Public opinion can change very quickly as in the 1918 election. In 2014 Cameron  and his campaign told the Jocks  that union was the only guarantee of access to the single market. ....
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 13, 2017, 09:35:32 PM
May mightn't allow it.
If the Scottish people vote for independence then what May allows or not allows shouldnt matter. What is she going to do? Send the Paras into Midlothian?
We will see how determined the Scottish are then.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Horse Box

Quote from: Avondhu star on March 14, 2017, 11:36:33 AM
May mightn't allow it.
If the Scottish people vote for independence then what May allows or not allows shouldnt matter. What is she going to do? Send the Paras into Midlothian?

:o , Midlothian and indeed Edinburgh voted roughly 60% No last time around . More likely the send the murderous b@stards into Dundee or the West of Scotland !

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Avondhu star on March 14, 2017, 11:36:33 AM
May mightn't allow it.
I meant she might not allow the referendum to be called. After all she's the leader of the Conservative and Unionist party.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Hereiam

I would bet there is a shit load of oil under the north sea yet, at this very moment in time the British are currently shipping one of the largest oil rigs ever built from China to the north sea, not due to arrive until June.
Its like have a bag of sweets and telling your friends that they are nearly all gone because you know every bastard will want them.
As said before on here if Scotland do vote to leave do people really think that the British will just give up the oil.... no chance

Rossfan

Why do ye think the SNP want the vote before the Brexit happens?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ziggysego

Quote from: Rossfan on March 14, 2017, 02:33:41 PM
Why do ye think the SNP want the vote before the Brexit happens?

Harder to get into the European Union from the outside. If the Scottish vote Leave in the referendum, they have a better case to fight to remain in the EU outside of the UK.
Testing Accessibility

AhNowRef

Quote from: Hereiam on March 14, 2017, 02:27:04 PM
I would bet there is a shit load of oil under the north sea yet, at this very moment in time the British are currently shipping one of the largest oil rigs ever built from China to the north sea, not due to arrive until June.
Its like have a bag of sweets and telling your friends that they are nearly all gone because you know every b**tard will want them.
As said before on here if Scotland do vote to leave do people really think that the British will just give up the oil.... no chance

lol ... There's years & years of oil left in it via existing wells and there are new discoveries being made on a regular basis..