Munster Senior Hurling championship 2016 .

Started by ashman, May 20, 2016, 11:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 06, 2016, 10:50:53 PM
Limerick and Waterford have given them good games in AI semi finals recently

Once Kilkenny get to Croker they are almost unstoppable

Limerick did OK on a filthy dirty day when it was always going to be a low scoring game. I thought Kilkenny beat Waterford at their ease last year  to be honest.

southderryman

Attending my first munster final today, really looking forward to it. Hoping for for a good game and an enjoyable day out  :)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: southderryman on July 10, 2016, 09:42:00 AM
Attending my first munster final today, really looking forward to it. Hoping for for a good game and an enjoyable day out  :)
Commiserations.

Minder

Quote from: southderryman on July 10, 2016, 09:42:00 AM

One of the worst I have seen
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

seafoid

The Wedger

It's sad how Waterford gave up near the end. With 20 minutes to go there was no fight left in them.
Derek McGrath will have a big job to pick them up.

imtommygunn

How did it go so wrong for waterford. They can't be that bad.

You would expect kk to sail through to the AI final now.

The tipp semi would probably be interesting though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2016, 11:53:25 AM
How did it go so wrong for waterford. They can't be that bad.

You would expect kk to sail through to the AI final now.

The tipp semi would probably be interesting though.

You don't become a bad team overnight and they will know that, they have had a great couple of years recently and yesterday they had a bad game and in truth Tipp always have that in them but just not consistent enough over all the championship games ... Kilkenny will get to final again if they manage to keep the upward form going.... Going to final this year lads, getting ticket shout in early!!!

Havent been for 4 years now and that's after 14 years on the trot!! So hopefully it will be 2 open teams going at it in the final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Premier Emperor

There was too much hype about Waterford for beating a terrible Cork.
Who is the person who thought it was a good idea to give John Mullane a newspaper and radio gig to tell us all how great Waterford are?

Premier Emperor

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 10, 2016, 12:03:02 AM
Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 09, 2016, 11:18:54 PM
The final is nearly on us. Lets hope its a game to match the occasion and Waterford don't ruin it with puke hurling.
Tie up Gleeson and Waterford are very average.
Bubbles is a loss and Callanan is carrying an injury, but I still expect us to be too good for the blahs.
I hope Waterford wipe the floor with Tipp

;D

AZOffaly

Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 11, 2016, 01:56:54 PM
Who is the person who thought it was a good idea to give John Mullane a newspaper and radio gig to tell us all how great Waterford are?

Tipp beat Cork. Great win yesterday though. When Waterford implode they do so in style.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 11, 2016, 02:00:57 PM
Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 11, 2016, 01:56:54 PM

Tipp beat Cork.
Clare I meant. Waterford were getting serious credit for beating a team that have won 1 Munster Championship game in 8 years.

AZOffaly

Yes, true. But Clare handily took care of Limerick, and with Wexford beating Cork, Tipps form line was questionable too. I certainly didn't see an annihilation like that coming. When Tipp get going they are serious operators.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Wedger on July 11, 2016, 11:50:57 AM
It's sad how Waterford gave up near the end. With 20 minutes to go there was no fight left in them.

I presume Loughnane had a right cut them in the Star today? For consistency's sake at least.

johnneycool

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 11, 2016, 04:37:47 PM
Quote from: The Wedger on July 11, 2016, 11:50:57 AM

I presume Loughnane had a right cut them in the Star today? For consistency's sake at least.

God, when that sweeper system goes wrong, it goes wrong in a big way and Waterford were never in a position to close the gap on Tipp once the first two goals went in.
Fair play to Tipp, they know how to undo it, but IMO Waterford didn't put enough pressure on the Tipp lads playing the ball into the forwards, the Mahers, Brendan and Paudie in particular were allowed the time and space to pick out their men in the forwards who in fairness were making good runs to get into position. Hopefully Derek McGrath will review this and look to push the Waterford lads further up the field to prevent this even if they are a little more exposed at the back (Not that it made a button of difference on Sunday).
As for Tipp their biggest problem now is who's going to test them man on man the way Kilkenny will if they meet on the 4th of September and complacency of getting over the Clare/Galway winners. Their defence really hasn't been under any great sustained duress to date, so any potential weaknesses haven't been exposed, but they do look to be in rude health for the summer.