Munster Senior Hurling championship 2016 .

Started by ashman, May 20, 2016, 11:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterfordlad

Waterford v Clare part 3 on Sunday in Thurles. It's so hard to call after how close the league finals were. Waterford will feel they left it behind them the last day in the league final although Derek McGrath claims revenge won't be a motivating factor.
Hopefully it will be a similar game to the 2nd game in Thurles with a different result! A win puts team in Munster final and automatic route to All Ireland quarter final so the stakes are high.

AZOffaly

Really looking forward to this. I think Clare will be full of running, and will try to negate the influence of Tadgh de Burca by coming down the wings, running off the shoulder, and trying to get Tony Kelly and Galvin on loose ball 50-60 yards out. It should be a fascinating clash of styles, and if the weather is good, it might feel like a real, intense, start of the Munster Championship.

ashman

I fancy Waterford here by 2 pts  .  That said whoever loses will still have a big say in August and July.

Think WD might be a little fitter and fresher on Sunday next than in league finals. 

Milltown Row2

I know they have scored many goals but evens for 3 goals or more seems generous .... Was going to back Waterford, might sneak it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on June 05, 2016, 05:15:02 PM
42 mins Waterford 1-14 Clare 0-10

Just turned it on, two poor refereeing decisions, both in favour of the losing team, then two lads absurdly shouldering each other for 10 seconds, like Mrs. Doyle and Mrs. Dineen fighting over who will pay for the cup of tea. God I hate that sh*te.

TV off again.

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

joemamas

Quote from: muppet on June 05, 2016, 05:21:12 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 05, 2016, 05:15:02 PM
42 mins Waterford 1-14 Clare 0-10

Just turned it on, two poor refereeing decisions, both in favour of the losing team, then two lads absurdly shouldering each other for 10 seconds, like Mrs. Doyle and Mrs. Dineen fighting over who will pay for the cup of tea. God I hate that sh*te.

TV off again.

Not being a hurling expert, are there any teams that do not employ a sweeper. Not as enjoyable to watch as years ago, maybe today is not a good example to judge.

waterfordlad

You're right joemamas. Lots of hurling analysts and fans are saying the same as sweeper system leading to less space and then less goals in matches. Overall happy with win yesterday and Austin Gleeson was great to watch with some superb scores 5 from play and a sideline cut at a crucial stage in 2nd half when Clare has cut lead to 4. Waterford kept going till the end and defended well when Clare were looking for goals and was a comfortable enough win in the end.

southderryman

Lads what's the script with the venue for the final?

I know it'll be either thurles or limerick but is there any home/away arrangements in place?

Will the fact that every game has/will be in thurles mean they'll take it to the GG anyway?

We've booked to go to thurles for the weekend of the final so just hoping there's no changes required

heffo

Quote from: southderryman on June 06, 2016, 10:46:25 PM

I know it'll be either thurles or limerick but is there any home/away arrangements in place?

Will the fact that every game has/will be in thurles mean they'll take it to the GG anyway?

We've booked to go to thurles for the weekend of the final so just hoping there's no changes required

It'll be in Thurles unless Waterford 'sell off' the neutral venue to Limerick (if they beat Tipp) - which is highly unlikely

southderryman

Quote from: heffo on June 06, 2016, 10:58:41 PM
Quote from: southderryman on June 06, 2016, 10:46:25 PM

It'll be in Thurles unless Waterford 'sell off' the neutral venue to Limerick (if they beat Tipp) - which is highly unlikely

Thanks

Milltown Row2

Should be 6/7 point win if Tipp find their A game.... If not, could be lot tighter
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Tipp lads just never seem to learn. Can't help themselves from having a wee bite.

gallsman

It takes a particular breed of cowardly bollox to strike someone with the hurl.