The Christmas Thread

Started by Square Ball, October 15, 2007, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

The Late Late Toy Show is on this Friday, which should signal the start of Christmas. BTW how does one go about getting tickets for that show. Would save alot of hassle doing the Christmas shopping.

Caid

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 23, 2009, 08:49:29 PM
The Late Late Toy Show is on this Friday, which should signal the start of Christmas. BTW how does one go about getting tickets for that show. Would save alot of hassle doing the Christmas shopping.

"doesn't matter if you're RTÉ staff, the tickets are still gold dust, you have to apply in advance, people wait a long time, even years for the tickets."

http://blogs.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62265522

Despite a plunge in television ad prices, advertisers are being asked to pay an unchanged €17,000 for a 30second spot during Friday's Late Late Toy Show, amid hopes for a record audience.

This year, the spot price includes a second spot in the repeat version of the show next Sunday, so RTE is arguing that the pricing represents additional value.

Last year's Toy Show achieved an average viewership across the programme of 1.2 million, making it RTE's highest rating programme for the year. ''We always have a good take up for The Late Late Toy Show, and interest and bookings are particularly strong this year, no doubt helped by the fact that it's Ryan Tubridy's first time to host the show," said RTE's head of TV sales, Dara Meaney. Its million-plus audience makes the Late Late RTE's most expensive ad vehicle.

The cost of a spot in next year's Champions League final, for example, has been pitched at €9,750.
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

milltown row

wife has just got the stuff forthe Stockings (not hers :()

there was enough in it to do about 3 Christmas'!!

our kids are older now so the there wont be that many things to put up around midnight!!

will be mostly DS games and Wii games, no bikes this year also

Square Ball

Quote from: milltown row on November 23, 2009, 09:24:33 PM

our kids are older now so the there wont be that many things to put up around midnight!!

not use the r4 cards? 
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

milltown row

Quote from: Square Ball on November 23, 2009, 09:29:24 PM
Quote from: milltown row on November 23, 2009, 09:24:33 PM

not use the r4 cards?

are those legit? Christ we've down loading music on their MP3's!!

supersarsfields

So what date do most people start putting up the auld Christmas decorations? Was chatting ones there who get them up from the start of dec, seems hard early. Think anytime after the 15th is usually ok?

maddog

Time enough putting them up in the week of christmas itself. Neibghbours of ours put them up at Halloween. I shit you not. ::)

maggie

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Shrek

missus ask me to put our tree up last weekend, i promptly told her to feck off.

i think i will get away with it till this weekend  ::)

Puckoon

Lights going on in omagh this friday! Best band in ireland providing the music.