The Christmas Thread

Started by Square Ball, October 15, 2007, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

Wife tells me milk and cookies were delivered to house that weren't ordered in the last Tesco online shop. At first she thought it was a mistake but then I thought too coincidental at this time of year. Does anyone know if tesco does this as a marketing thing?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2019, 09:42:19 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 11, 2019, 12:44:43 AM
As long as I get my sprouts, I'll be happy!
Yep looking forward to my sprouts also, though nicely fried helps

Do not trust this man.

johnnycool

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 11, 2019, 02:43:20 PM

Do not trust this man.

He's a frankie, everything gets fried at some point in time.   ;D

Seriously though, if you've an left over on Stephens (Boxing) day, sliced in half and resuscitated in the frying pan with a bit of shredded bacon and they're the dogs danglies.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: johnnycool on December 11, 2019, 03:28:47 PM

Do not trust this man.

Seriously though, if you've an left over on Stephens (Boxing) day, sliced in half and resuscitated in the frying pan with a bit of shredded bacon and they're the dogs danglies.

throw a few chilli flakes in ...

Eamonnca1

What is the point of Brussel Sprouts? To me they are revolting. A sour, awful flavour and a worse smell. They are disgusting, rotton, repulsive, stinking. I remember people putting them on my plate at a dinner party many years ago and thought it was some sort of joke like the ugly sweater business. Are there people out there who genuinely like the taste of that shite? OMFG!

johnnycool

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 11, 2019, 03:45:23 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 11, 2019, 03:28:47 PM

Do not trust this man.

throw a few chilli flakes in ...

Yep, good too.

armaghniac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 11, 2019, 04:35:31 PM
What is the point of Brussel Sprouts? To me they are revolting. A sour, awful flavour and a worse smell. They are disgusting, rotton, repulsive, stinking. I remember people putting them on my plate at a dinner party many years ago and thought it was some sort of joke like the ugly sweater business. Are there people out there who genuinely like the taste of that shite? OMFG!

Some people have a gene that makes them dislike sprouts.
I'm sure that evolution will eventually mean that everyone will enjoy their yumminess.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Sprouts cooked well are feckin' delicious!

As for those Christmas jumpers, not a chance I'll be seen in one of them.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on December 11, 2019, 06:18:43 PM

I'm sure that evolution will eventually mean that everyone will enjoy their yumminess.
I had sprouts once in India with some spice mix and they were delicious. I couldn't believe it. I had never had a decent sprout up until then. It all depends what you do with them but I can't abide the Irish way of cooking them.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 13, 2019, 04:11:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 10, 2019, 11:27:40 PM
That time of year again, what's the new best prezzies this year?

All the weemin on the board will be swinging their handbags at you for posting that. Or maybe it's sexist to say that now too?  ::)

Eamonnca1

Quote from: armaghniac on December 11, 2019, 06:18:43 PM

If my daughter ends up liking Brussel Sprouts I'll be very disappointed in her.

seafoid

Italians are mad for Panettone at Christmas. It is like sugared white bread . Very underwhelming but not as bad as sprouts .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

under the bar

Sprouts to you are just like Liverpool fans to most of us then? Utterly repulsive!! ;D ;D

manfromdelmonte

Up until 100 years ago there was a very small amount of winter vegetables available at this time of year so sprouts as a late producing crop were always used.
Sprouts are one of the traditional winter vegs but have only been on Yule tide tables in this part of the world for a few centuries. First appearing in the 1500s in England.

Try stir frying them instead and sprinkle some crushed nuts over them for texture