The Christmas Thread

Started by Square Ball, October 15, 2007, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 16, 2013, 02:56:50 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on December 16, 2013, 02:53:39 PM
I was going to take the childer to that new Titanic centre  in Beal Feirste and to see Santy.  To do both is £18.75 per adult and £22.25 per child.  So f**k that for a carry on.

Does anyone else know of any good places to see the bould Santy in Belfast?
There's about ten of them selling the Belfast Telegraph.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: deiseach on December 16, 2013, 03:13:17 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 16, 2013, 02:56:50 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on December 16, 2013, 02:53:39 PM
I was going to take the childer to that new Titanic centre  in Beal Feirste and to see Santy.  To do both is £18.75 per adult and £22.25 per child.  So f**k that for a carry on.

Does anyone else know of any good places to see the bould Santy in Belfast?
There's about ten of them selling the Belfast Telegraph.

;D On a good day!

armaghniac

QuoteDoes anyone else know of any good places to see the bould Santy in Belfast

Santy has a sleigh that can get anywhere in the world in a jiffy. Do you really thing he would spend his time in Belfast?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Under Lights

Went to see the big man himself last Saturday in Pomeroy magical forest. Excellent, you get a bus to the train and a train to see Santa. Whole thing is done very well and really enjoyable. We seen Santa's workshop, his reindeer stables, his sleigh all before receiving a gift from him. Free hotdogs at the end too. £12 per person. Children under 1 go free. It's all for charity.

Under Lights

Quote from: moysider on December 16, 2013, 02:43:01 PM

Half-day Friday. Back on 6th.

Ordered a 3D TV today from Argos on a whim. Hope to have it for Christmas. The heating oil will have to go! Hope it continues mild!

Christ! Dangerous time of year.

I would say there is serious amount of ordering on a whim.
The worse I have done was spend £100 on a guitar that I've had for two years and haven't got round to trying to learn.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Under Lights on December 16, 2013, 03:34:27 PM
Went to see the big man himself last Saturday in Pomeroy magical forest. Excellent, you get a bus to the train and a train to see Santa. Whole thing is done very well and really enjoyable. We seen Santa's workshop, his reindeer stables, his sleigh all before receiving a gift from him. Free hotdogs at the end too. £12 per person. Children under 1 go free. It's all for charity.
Sounds almost identical to one in Milford outside Armagh. Some effort goes into the setup of these things.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 15, 2013, 05:49:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2013, 05:23:58 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 15, 2013, 05:13:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2013, 04:50:51 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 15, 2013, 04:44:32 PM
Can you post a pic of the back of it? Don't be afraid to bring it back either.

I've wrapped it will take a pic

I had assumed you had a hifi or midi system to plug it into  ;) don't unwrap it, I can check the spec from the website

Binned one years ago, never bothered getting one again, settled for a great CD and docking system from Sony

It's a standard two lead plug. Would be able to connect to any modern hifi/ midi system. Most decent docking stations should have audio connections, check the back or side of yours. Worse case scenario, it'll plug into your tv.

Would this one fit it  http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1337480.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

Docking station features

Lightning Docking.
USB support iPhone/iPad/iPod and MP3 playback and charging.
Charges your device when docked.
Compatible with iPod and iPhone.
3.5mm AUX-in.
Total power output 20 watts.
10 watts per speaker.
USB port for external connectivity.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2013, 06:26:36 PM

I had assumed you had a hifi or midi system to plug it into  ;) don't unwrap it, I can check the spec from the website

Binned one years ago, never bothered getting one again, settled for a great CD and docking system from Sony

It's a standard two lead plug. Would be able to connect to any modern hifi/ midi system. Most decent docking stations should have audio connections, check the back or side of yours. Worse case scenario, it'll plug into your tv.

Would this one fit it  http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1337480.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

Docking station features

Lightning Docking.
3.5mm AUX-in.
10 watts per speaker.

Aux connection is what your looking, says it has. Not a bad wee system either. Make sure it has a double aux connection though to match your turntable leads.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 17, 2013, 08:12:12 PM

Docking station features

Lightning Docking.
3.5mm AUX-in.
10 watts per speaker.

Aux connection is what your looking, says it has. Not a bad wee system either. Make sure it has a double aux connection though to match your turntable leads.

Aye will just have to take it out of the box there and then!! Always something ffs. Cheers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

5 Sams

Quote from: Under Lights on December 16, 2013, 11:15:16 AM
Everyone finishing up work on Friday? Anyone in working over Christmas?
We finish 20th and back in on 2nd. Think that's pretty standard.
Finish on Thurs...off to Kerry early on Fri morning back in on the 30th for a couple of days. Quiet New Year...looking forward to it.
The Aristocrat Years

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2013, 08:40:01 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 17, 2013, 08:12:12 PM

Docking station features

Lightning Docking.
3.5mm AUX-in.
10 watts per speaker.

Aye will just have to take it out of the box there and then!! Always something ffs. Cheers

Will this do the trick? Think (though I haven't seen it) that there is only one port for  the leads to fit into and was wondering will this adaptor work

Jeepers Creepers

Think that is more to do with plugging in 2 sets of headphones into one device, your looking something thats has rear holes as below

http://worldwide.bose.com/productsupport/assets/images/articles/home_entertainment_systems/av28_rear_panel_aux.jpg

Olly

Alott of people are not sending cards this year.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Milltown Row2

12 finishes me today till the 6th!!! Some pints today, hopefully no black eyes. Always dodgy today ya sometimes tell your boss the wrong thing lol

laoislad

Working till 8 tonight then giving myself 2 weeks off!
Had no time off at all this year as been very busy so looking forward to the break.
Hopefully some Golf and pints over the next few weeks!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.