The Christmas Thread

Started by Square Ball, October 15, 2007, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 09, 2013, 09:25:56 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on December 09, 2013, 08:58:29 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 09, 2013, 08:54:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 09, 2013, 08:34:42 PM
Anyone know where in Belfast to get a record player converter? either for a USB or CD. Seen ones on Amazon but no use to me as its a prezzie for Xmas for her indoors.

Anyone got one before? do you need speakers also. £ 150 is the budget we've given ourselves. And I'm sticking to it or under it for sure....

Richer Sounds in Gresham street will be your best bet. The nerds will tell you everything you want to know. And they'll price match. Think there a Denon model that could be up your street.

I thought it was to maybe retire the vinyl to mp3. Denon = £££

https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=&Mode=0&CategoryID=&sub=&productid=1075

Could be crap but could be a starting point. Wouldn't go anywhere else for any electronics to be honest.

Ok went in the other night, it was just about to close up  so I bought it and left, haven't had a chance to look at it till now, have realised that I 'll need speakers but even if I get speakers will they have a sound control on them to listen to the music, otherwise it'll just be a turntable lol!!!

Any links to type I should get would be a great help. It has two leads coming out the back I assume they plug into the speaker. I don't have a hi-fi system to plug them into  :-\
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Can you post a pic of the back of it? Don't be afraid to bring it back either.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 15, 2013, 04:44:32 PM

I've wrapped it will take a pic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2013, 04:50:51 PM

I had assumed you had a hifi or midi system to plug it into  ;) don't unwrap it, I can check the spec from the website

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 15, 2013, 05:13:17 PM

I had assumed you had a hifi or midi system to plug it into  ;) don't unwrap it, I can check the spec from the website

Binned one years ago, never bothered getting one again, settled for a great CD and docking system from Sony

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2013, 05:23:58 PM

Binned one years ago, never bothered getting one again, settled for a great CD and docking system from Sony

It's a standard two lead plug. Would be able to connect to any modern hifi/ midi system. Most decent docking stations should have audio connections, check the back or side of yours. Worse case scenario, it'll plug into your tv.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 15, 2013, 05:49:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2013, 05:23:58 PM

It's a standard two lead plug. Would be able to connect to any modern hifi/ midi system. Most decent docking stations should have audio connections, check the back or side of yours. Worse case scenario, it'll plug into your tv.

Aye thats a perfect idea!! Will check station

Under Lights

Everyone finishing up work on Friday? Anyone in working over Christmas?
We finish 20th and back in on 2nd. Think that's pretty standard.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Under Lights on December 16, 2013, 11:15:16 AM
Everyone finishing up work on Friday? Anyone in working over Christmas?
We finish 20th and back in on 2nd. Think that's pretty standard.

Finish the friday at 12 we have a chinese at work with a bottle or two of red then into Belfast for a few more!! off till the 6th ;)

Well earned I might add

gerrykeegan

Quote from: hardstation on December 16, 2013, 11:22:59 AM
Finish 24th. Back 27th. Finish 31st. Back 2nd.

Same, get off a little early on 24th
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

AZOffaly

I'm finishing half day this Friday, and back on the 6th of January. Cannot wait.

Down in Kerry last weekend for the Christmas visit because we're staying put on Christmas, and next weekend is the Offaly visit. Mulled wine, mince pies and christmas pudding already. May get an elasticated pants.

Tony Baloney

Off today. Having a nice Christmas dinner out with the missus (number 4 of the season so far!). Back in tomorrow til Thurs then off til the 6th. Can't wait! On the downside I am killed with heartburn already.  :'(

AZ send me a link to your elasticated trouser supplier.

moysider

Half-day Friday. Back on 6th.

Ordered a 3D TV today from Argos on a whim. Hope to have it for Christmas. The heating oil will have to go! Hope it continues mild!

Christ! Dangerous time of year.

Feckitt

I was going to take the childer to that new Titanic centre  in Beal Feirste and to see Santy.  To do both is £18.75 per adult and £22.25 per child.  So f**k that for a carry on.

Does anyone else know of any good places to see the bould Santy in Belfast?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Feckitt on December 16, 2013, 02:53:39 PM
I was going to take the childer to that new Titanic centre  in Beal Feirste and to see Santy.  To do both is £18.75 per adult and £22.25 per child.  So f**k that for a carry on.

Does anyone else know of any good places to see the bould Santy in Belfast?
There's about ten of them selling the Belfast Telegraph.