The Christmas Thread

Started by Square Ball, October 15, 2007, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Angel or Star at the top of your tree?  Angel
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? We have a wee baby due on the 27th so we'll host our own if it's on time and who knows where we will be dining if it's early.
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Neither
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Christmas morning

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? Yes
Mince Pie?  By the tray full
Christmas Pudding? If I can get my hands on a good one over here....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 10, 2013, 01:26:04 PM

Few Christmas questions for our posters.

Angel or Star at the top of your tree? Neither
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? Ours
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Go away out of that
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Christmas morning

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? Not if they are boiled to death
Mince Pie?  No
Christmas Pudding? Yes

First drink?  Lunchtime

I thought this was interesting

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/0c2c025e-57c6-11e3-86d1-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz2n9qZKrNk

Whatever one cooks and eats this Christmas, I cannot help thinking that the actual cooking process should be one of the chief pleasures. I am reminded of Bill Baker, a much-missed wine merchant of heroic proportions and generosity, who always did the cooking on Christmas day. Straight after breakfast he would nobly dispatch his cherished family to attend the morning ceremony at Wells Cathedral and, on their departure, open a bottle of Louis Roederer Cristal champagne. He generally reckoned to have finished the bottle by the time he had roasted the potatoes and before his family returned – whereupon he would open a more modest bottle and toast everyone's health. Charity begins at home.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Billys Boots

Angel or Star at the top of your tree? Star
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? Own
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Neither

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? No
Mince Pie? Yes
Christmas Pudding? As much as possible

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? After I've putting the turkey in the oven
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

Angel or Star at the top of your tree? Angel
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? Somebody Else's
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Royale Family's my favourite comedy but Christmas Specials are shite so neither
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Normally Christmas Day but Christmas Eve this year because that's what she does

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? No
Mince Pie? No
Christmas Pudding? No

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? 12 probably

J OGorman

Angel or Star at the top of your tree?  a homemade gold star (is wile looking to be fair) that our eldest made many moons ago...tradition :-)
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? @ the outlaws
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Royale Family.
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? No faith personally, but took our daughter to christams eve last year. Dozed through most of it but it was nice

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? Yes, but only if fired with bacon
Mince Pie?  Mince pie's are made by the hands of satin
Christmas Pudding? Satin's other concoction
What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? Around 7pm after I've been home to feed the cat

5 Sams

Angel or Star at the top of your tree?  Angel
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? Our own.
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Royal Family

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? I'd rather eat my own socks
Mince Pie?  Yep with cream.
Christmas Pudding? Yep with cream
What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? Probably around 1pm
The Aristocrat Years

johnneycool

Angel or Star at the top of your tree?  An Angel the wee girl made at school out of a bog roll holder and a bit of glitter.
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? The in-laws. I return the compliment on New Years day.
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Corrie special.. Looking like wee Tina is going out with a bang this year  ;D
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Religion, what's that got to do with Christmas?

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? Yes, nice if done right.
Mince Pie?  loads of them
Christmas Pudding? Meh, My ma used to make her own and I could ate it till it ran out of me, not so sure about the bought ones...
What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? about 5ish

Olly

Quote from: J OGorman on December 11, 2013, 11:26:09 AM

Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? No faith personally, but took our daughter to christams eve last year. Dozed through most of it but it was nice

What did you dream about?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on December 11, 2013, 11:42:44 AM

Angel or Star at the top of your tree?  An Angel the wee girl made at school out of a bog roll holder and a bit of glitter.
Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? The in-laws. I return the compliment on New Years day.
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? Corrie special.. Looking like wee Tina is going out with a bang this year  ;D
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Religion, what's that got to do with Christmas?

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? Yes, nice if done right. Fried a bit? with some black pepper??
Christmas Pudding? Meh, My ma used to make her own and I could ate it till it ran out of me, not so sure about the bought ones...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2013, 03:46:27 PM

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? Yes, nice if done right. Fried a bit? with some black pepper??

Not a big fan of pepper, but they're nice fried off a bit.

I hate them boiled into mush...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on December 11, 2013, 04:21:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2013, 03:46:27 PM

Do you eat:

Not a big fan of pepper, but they're nice fried off a bit.

I hate them boiled into mush...

No Black pepper ???? tut tut

I've them fried a bit, well her mum does them that way, never had to do Xmas dinner, but fingers crossed hey  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Puckoon

Par boil the sprouts, cut them in half and flash fry them on a quick heat with a little diced onion, bacon and believe it or not a touch of soy sauce. I personally like to add a little heat in there too but not necessary. Then sleep in a seperate room from the Mrs.

An Gaeilgoir

Angel or Star at the top of your tree? Star
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Day

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? Yes
Mince Pie? Yes
Christmas Pudding? As much as possible

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? After I've putting the turkey in the oven

theskull1

Angel or Star at the top of your tree? Angel

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? Yes fried with diced bacon and roasted pine nuts
Mince Pie? Yes ...my mother in laws are out of this world
Christmas Pudding? The darker the better with brandy butter, custard and cream

What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? Bucks fizz with breakfast
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Lar Naparka

Angel or Star at the top of your tree?  TBH, I haven't a clue. The Commander in Chief decorates the tree and I don't give a damn one way or the other.

Host your own Christmas Dinner or attend someone else's? At home with the family.
The Royale Family or Vicar Of Dibley? I can't stand either.
Christmas Eve Mass or Christmas Day? Christmas Day if I go at all.

Do you eat:
Brussels Sprouts? Yes
Mince Pie? No
Christmas Pudding? A modest portion a couple of hours after dinner.
What time on Christmas Day will you have your first drink? A  glass of red wine with the dinner.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi