The Christmas Thread

Started by Square Ball, October 15, 2007, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

This was a special Christmas. Chased Rois around Greencastle.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

Quote from: ziggysego on December 26, 2011, 08:12:41 PM
Spill the beans ziggywiggy, did you catch her?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

Quote from: Square Ball on December 26, 2011, 08:26:17 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 26, 2011, 08:12:41 PM
Spill the beans ziggywiggy, did you catch her?

Na, she got away from me.
Testing Accessibility

supersarsfields

Is it too early to resurrect this thread? Made the decision that I was going to be organised for Christmas this year so looking to get the presents out of the way early. Have many of yous started? Or would you be leaving it til nearer the time.
I know it's not really the festive period as I haven't seen the lorry with the lights yet.

NAG1

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 14, 2012, 09:40:57 AM
Is it too early to resurrect this thread? Made the decision that I was going to be organised for Christmas this year so looking to get the presents out of the way early. Have many of yous started? Or would you be leaving it til nearer the time.
I know it's not really the festive period as I haven't seen the lorry with the lights yet.

Yeah but the Christmas movie channel on Sky has started so does that make if official then?  ;)

Slightly more organised this year than most others but always be a bit of frantic last minute shopping.

supersarsfields

I saw that alright, there's even a +1!! Can't really feel the festive feeling until we're at least in December, but would like to have all the shopping out of the way in this month's pay.
Are there many still having big staff do's? We just got word that they're throwing £20 towards the Dinner which is better than last year so that's an improvement. The free drink all night seems to be a thing of the past for a lot of companies now.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on November 14, 2012, 09:45:01 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 14, 2012, 09:40:57 AM

Yeah but the Christmas movie channel on Sky has started so does that make if official then?  ;)

Slightly more organised this year than most others but always be a bit of frantic last minute shopping.

Christmas officially starts when Larry Gogan (of the just a minute quiz fame) plays the first christmas song on RTE radio. I think that's the 1st of December.

Hereiam

I see you really need to do the christmas shopping in october. I was looking at a buzz lightyear on amazon on the 31st October and they were selling for £34. Went on the next evening to buy it and it had jumped in price to £79. Crazy. Didnt bother about it then.

supersarsfields

Do ya's buy for many? Usually I buy for the other half, the parents and that's it. Don't bother with the siblings which is handy.
And we've a new addition to the household this year but she'll only be a couple of months old so won't be having a big list!!

Cold tea

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 14, 2012, 11:24:23 AM
Do ya's buy for many? Usually I buy for the other half, the parents and that's it. Don't bother with the siblings which is handy.
And we've a new addition to the household this year but she'll only be a couple of months old so won't be having a big list!!

Hardly matters if they do sure Santa will bring them, my wee lad informed me that he was going to ask for an I-Pad on his birthday in August but decided to wait and ask Santa as he knew they cost a lot of money, he's a wee star. :)

Declan

LeoMc

Quote from: Cold tea on November 14, 2012, 11:58:55 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 14, 2012, 11:24:23 AM

Hardly matters if they do sure Santa will bring them, my wee lad informed me that he was going to ask for an I-Pad on his birthday in August but decided to wait and ask Santa as he knew they cost a lot of money, he's a wee star. :)

You can't not get it for him now if he is that sharp. :)

Puckoon

I'd always been a last minute shopper but lately have really been convinced if the savings and convenience if shopping online. Huge savings to be had on almost everything if you shop around over a couple days with the click of the auld mouse.

orangeman

I'm devestated. After all this time. Little Donkey on the dusty road and all those nice wee songs.

And who else but the pope goes and busts the myth about the wee donkey and the sheep. Cruel on the mouth of advent.

WITH just over a month to go before Christmas, Pope Benedict has declared that the presence of animals like cattle and donkeys in traditional Nativity scenes is based on little more than a myth.

As churches and families around the world prepare to dust off their Nativity figures for the festive season, Benedict writes in a new book on Christ that, contrary to popular belief, Jesus' birth was not presided over by oxen, asses, camels or indeed any other beasts.

"There is no mention of animals in the Gospels," he wrote in the third and last volume of his biography of Jesus Christ, which, like the previous two books, is expected to become an international bestseller, with an initial print run of a million copies.

The inclusion of domestic animals in the Nativity scene may have been inspired by pre-Christian traditions, Pope Benedict wrote.

But children around the world need not be too disappointed – the German pontiff said that the tradition of donkeys or oxen beside the manger was so deeply entrenched that it would doubtless survive his scepticism.

"No one will give up the oxen and the donkey in their Nativity scenes," he writes in the book, which goes on sale today.

The book, 'Jesus of Nazareth – The Infancy Narratives', traces Christ's early life until the age of 12 and will be published around the world in nine languages. (© Daily Telegraph, London)

- Nick Squires Rome

Orior

http://www.7dayshop.com/7dayshop-hd-vehicle-video-camera-kit-with-2-4-colour-screen-record-your-journeys?q=dash%20board%20camera&sl=sl

Dashboard Camera, records up to 7 days of travel (but may need extra memory for that).

I think this is great for £25. How often have you thought "Christ look at the ejit, wish I'd got that on camera".

PS. Can someone buy me one please?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians