Can I have some of what Mark Sidebottom was on yesterday

Started by George Foreman, March 18, 2011, 12:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Foreman

Wile bita screamin and roarin outta that man yesterday

quit yo jibbajabba

agree george. twas a good oul game, but some of his ramblings were a fair bit ott;

dont really want to go down the "old man gushing at 30 young bucks frolicking around in a field route" though  :P

edit; hero member, go me  ;D

pointlad

Have to agree with yas. Sometimes he doesnt have a clue what hes on about, at one stage yesterday he said the ball had went out for a throw in, musta been watching a different match

Erne Gael

Some of the crap he comes out with is complete bullshit.

Yesterday Liam Gervin scored a great point in the first half and he reckoned it was clearly wide and that Gervin had his head in his hands for missing it. The replay clearly shows that it was scored and that Gervin ran straight out to his position again.

In fairness Marty Clarke is good and knows his stuff, thank god there is someone else there to listen to. Jimmy Smyth should be there for all LIVE GAA games. He has never been replaced

Gaffer

Should have heard the boy on Northerrn Sound 96.3  :D :D
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ck

Sidebottom is an awful commentator. I'd be a big fan of Ulster football so when a game is on BBC and RTE I'd usually tune into BBC for pre match and half time analysis but always fire over to RTE for commentry cos of Sidebottom. He comes out with awful shite altogether. He just never seems to be up with the pace of the game and is too busy thinking up his next cringe worthy one liner.

Minder

Quote from: ck on March 19, 2011, 12:11:21 AM
Sidebottom is an awful commentator. I'd be a big fan of Ulster football so when a game is on BBC and RTE I'd usually tune into BBC for pre match and half time analysis but always fire over to RTE for commentry cos of Sidebottom. He comes out with awful shite altogether. He just never seems to be up with the pace of the game and is too busy thinking up his next cringe worthy one liner.

Not a patch on Ger Canning or Marty Morrissey.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

And he was in fine form in the Errigle that night!!! Plastered though in fairness so was I :P :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Redhand Santa

Totally useless. You'd nearly wonder if the bbc have him there out of badness. Jimmy Smyth was ten times better.

Rois

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2011, 12:02:59 PM
And he was in fine form in the Errigle that night!!! Plastered though in fairness so was I :P :P

Ah MR, I was in the seats beside where Mr Sidebottom was standing (with Lynette Fay I think).

Didn't know there was a board legend in the vicinity.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on March 19, 2011, 01:07:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2011, 12:02:59 PM

Ah MR, I was in the seats beside where Mr Sidebottom was standing (with Lynette Fay I think).

Didn't know there was a board legend in the vicinity.

Forgot my name tag, oh and ditto
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea