10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

lenny

Quote from: JoG2 on May 29, 2018, 01:41:21 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on May 29, 2018, 01:28:52 PM
Derry game confirmed for Owenbeg at 3pm on Saturday 9th June

good choice of venue, but they'll still be a very poor crowd at it , mores the pity.

Terrible choice of time. Is that for tv? I can make it suit but I know a number of people who will definitely be working but who would've gone if it had been on a bit later. 6 or 7 would have been much better.

theticklemister

Right ya culchies, you've got your wish- now get out and support our team.

For the first time in the history of the Qualifiers, none of the first-round games are being televised live. Extra time will be played in the event of a draw and all the matches must finish on the day.

JoG2

Quote from: lenny on May 29, 2018, 03:21:42 PM

good choice of venue, but they'll still be a very poor crowd at it , mores the pity.

Terrible choice of time. Is that for tv? I can make it suit but I know a number of people who will definitely be working but who would've gone if it had been on a bit later. 6 or 7 would have been much better.

a feile weekend, communions and work. Neither rte or Sky have any rd 1 qualifiers down in their respective schedules Lenny. Personally I'm struggling bigtime with a function on that afternoon.

Dinny Breen

Expecting the least traveling Kildare support ever. Barely a few thousand traveled to Tullamore, support will be in the 100s. Derry should win. Meaning Kildare will go nearly 20 months without a win.
#newbridgeornowhere

TheOptimist

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 29, 2018, 03:53:51 PM

Expecting the least traveling Kildare support ever. Barely a few thousand traveled to Tullamore, support will be in the 100s. Derry should win. Meaning Kildare will go nearly 20 months without a win.

What year was it Kildare hammered us in Celtic Park. Was dismal. Still bitter I missed paintball for it.

oakleaflad

You're some craic

JoG2

Quote from: TheOptimist on May 29, 2018, 04:04:21 PM

What year was it Kildare hammered us in Celtic Park. Was dismal. Still bitter I missed paintball for it.

JGDoire

Any word on Niall Loughlin returning from abroad and joining the squad?

Real Talk

Apparently he will not be back in the country this year.  Another decent forward we could be doing with !!!

Newbridge Exile

He is in Oz at the minute but I  think you will see him back in Greenlough colours before the end of the summer

JGDoire

Thanks folks. Shame but the lad has a life to live.

JoG2

Quote from: Real Talk on May 29, 2018, 09:13:18 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 28, 2018, 10:02:25 PM
Have been told we're looking to have it in Owenbeg.
Donegal had a settled team playing against div 1 opposition. Compare that to our boys, div 3 with a very unsettled team, night and day.
Watched the game recorded, on top of Bradley, Lynn, Sean Leo (injury to force him off at half time?) and the names already mentioned, McNeill I thought had a superb game at corner back.

Agree.  I also thought Mark Lynch's 'work rate' was absolutely phenomenal on a very hot day.  Derry had 8 players on who didn't players on in the League.  Donegal had about 6/7 better quality players than us and always looked like winning the game but at least we were competitive and determined.  I thought our movement was better but it seemed like Shane McGuigan always ended up on the left side of attack when the right side would have given him easier shot options.  The reality is this was most of these fellas first game together.  We need to find 'a part of our game plan' that facilitates James Kielt whose scoring efficiency is very good.  I didn't have any expectations of us beating Donegal and despite what some posters said we were organised and Donegal still have a strong defensive structure which is difficult to penetrate.  Kildare is a hard draw not least of all because they will 'stinging' from that Carlow defeat and we could be in for a 'back lash'.

Kielt definitely needs accommodated, probably stationed at the age of the square. Fullback will be the big issue, who will step into Rodger's boots? He's bound to be out for a few weeks minimum

BackInTheGame

Quote from: JoG2 on May 30, 2018, 11:59:59 AM
Quote from: Real Talk on May 29, 2018, 09:13:18 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 28, 2018, 10:02:25 PM
Have been told we're looking to have it in Owenbeg.
Donegal had a settled team playing against div 1 opposition. Compare that to our boys, div 3 with a very unsettled team, night and day.
Watched the game recorded, on top of Bradley, Lynn, Sean Leo (injury to force him off at half time?) and the names already mentioned, McNeill I thought had a superb game at corner back.

Agree.  I also thought Mark Lynch's 'work rate' was absolutely phenomenal on a very hot day.  Derry had 8 players on who didn't players on in the League.  Donegal had about 6/7 better quality players than us and always looked like winning the game but at least we were competitive and determined.  I thought our movement was better but it seemed like Shane McGuigan always ended up on the left side of attack when the right side would have given him easier shot options.  The reality is this was most of these fellas first game together.  We need to find 'a part of our game plan' that facilitates James Kielt whose scoring efficiency is very good.  I didn't have any expectations of us beating Donegal and despite what some posters said we were organised and Donegal still have a strong defensive structure which is difficult to penetrate.  Kildare is a hard draw not least of all because they will 'stinging' from that Carlow defeat and we could be in for a 'back lash'.

Kielt definitely needs accommodated, probably stationed at the age of the square. Fullback will be the big issue, who will step into Rodger's boots? He's bound to be out for a few weeks minimum
Carlus came on for Rogers but I'm not sure he's the man to mark Flynn. Flynn is a big fella. He'll probably stick Johnston back in there and Carlus half back - I worry a bit if so, Johnston is a fine footballer but not a full back in my book.  In fact I'd probably rather move Chrissy back.

Real Talk

In his minor years was a very good back who reads the game well and is comfortable on the ball .... but marking a big man might not work so well.  McErlain has to think outside the box here and consider one of our better 'traditional type' full backs ..... the problem is I can't think of one ... maybe Conor Nevin or convert Gavin O'Neill (Banagher)... not so sure ... !!!! .... has anybody got any ideas

restorepride

Quote from: Real Talk on May 30, 2018, 07:05:21 PM
In his minor years was a very good back who reads the game well and is comfortable on the ball .... but marking a big man might not work so well.  McErlain has to think outside the box here and consider one of our better 'traditional type' full backs ..... the problem is I can't think of one ... maybe Conor Nevin or convert Gavin O'Neill (Banagher)... not so sure ... !!!! .... has anybody got any ideas
Holy Jaysus!! Are you for real?