10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Keyser soze

Quote from: TheOptimist on May 24, 2018, 09:48:04 AM
Quote from: restorepride on May 23, 2018, 07:57:39 PM
Quote from: Leaveherlong on May 23, 2018, 01:36:32 PM
Whatever team lines out on Sunday lets get along to Celtic Park and give them our support. No one is expecting anything so we have nothing to lose! Doire Abu
Agree totally. All true Doire Gaels will be there supporting no matter what the chances or result. Doire abú!

+1 . Well said

This ballacks sickens my shit, getting a jersey on and turning up at county matches a few times a year does not qualify you as any sort of a gael in my book.

Rawhide

I also agree with you. A team that has been relegated as a result of a manager not selecting players that would have ensured the two points that we would have needed to not get relegated, coupled with a team that will be selected that have only really trained together for four weeks as a result of a gut of club games, which tells me the county team is not their number one priority, a management team who have demonstrated zero ability to put together a defensive structure. We haven't a mission.  I could literally count on the one hand how many championship games I have missed with Derry, but I have decided that this is a complete waste of my time and it will be 3/4 hours of my life that I won't get back. I am voting with my feet on this one, as much it bugs me to do it, as I know I will spent that time on Sunday following twitter or radio Ulster. Apologies in advance.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Keyser soze

Well that's not really what I was saying Rawhide. What team is selected or what the manager has or has not done is not my point.

It's people who boast that they never miss a Derry match, have all the full kit clobber but would not be seen at a club match from end of the year to the next or have any involvement in their club, and are then claiming ownership of GAA in Derry that get my goat.

restorepride

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 25, 2018, 12:44:35 PM
Quote from: TheOptimist on May 24, 2018, 09:48:04 AM
Quote from: restorepride on May 23, 2018, 07:57:39 PM
Quote from: Leaveherlong on May 23, 2018, 01:36:32 PM
Whatever team lines out on Sunday lets get along to Celtic Park and give them our support. No one is expecting anything so we have nothing to lose! Doire Abu
Agree totally. All true Doire Gaels will be there supporting no matter what the chances or result. Doire abú!

+1 . Well said

This ballacks sickens my shit, getting a jersey on and turning up at county matches a few times a year does not qualify you as any sort of a gael in my book.
Stay you at home then. Enjoy.

Wildweasel74

You cant bring a team together in 6 weeks and hope it all suddenly happen on match day! Players have to hold down steady positions over 2/3 seasons to begin to play like a team and be comfortable playing in the same position! This is not happening in Derry; Donegal club football is nothing to phone home about but their focus is always on county teams! Not club rivalary which means nothing outside the county! The reason why a number of capable players not selected by the manager causing Derrys relegation has been brushed over! And i wonder do many know the reason these players were not selected!

restorepride

The team on Sunday is representing Derry GAA, clubs involved and not, players involved and not.  Derry GAA deserves the support and the players representing us deserve our support - in Celtic Park.  Doire abú.

Newbridge Exile

Tea named for Sunday Patrick Coney from the Loup main surprise 1.   Ben McKinless-Baile an Doire
2.   Paul McNeill-Sleacht Neil
3.   Brendan Rodgers-Sleacht Neil
4.   Karl McKaigue-Sleacht Neil
5.   Kevin Johnson-Dún Geimhin
6.   Chrissy McKaigue-Sleacht Neil
7.   Sean Leo McGoldrick-Eoghan Rua
8.   Conor McAtamney-Suitreach
9.   Michael Bateson-Droichead Nua
10.   Padraig Cassidy-Sleacht Neil
11.   Emmet Bradley-   An Gleann
12.   Patrick Coney-An Lúb
13.   Enda Lynn (c)-Grianloch
14.   Shane McGuigan-Sleacht Neil
15.   Mark Lynch-Beannchar
16.   Oran Hartin-Léim an Mhadaidh
17.   Jack Doherty-An Gleann
18.   Peter Hagan-Beannchar
19.   James Kielt-Cil Ria
20.   Ruairi Mooney-Eoghan Rua
21.   Conor McCluskey-Maichre Foilta
22.   Michael McEvoy-Machaire Fiolta
23.   Liam McGoldrick-Eoghan Rua
24.   Padraig McGrogan-Droichead Nua
25.   Carlus McWilliams-Baile Na Scrine
26.   Niall Toner-Leamhaigh 

Champion The Wonder Horse

Enough there to beat the Daniels.

Get ripped into them.

braveheart

Good luck to the Derry senior football team tomorrow. I will travel the long distance to the game because I'm a Derry supporter. The pitch will be in great condition because there have been no games on it but things will change soon thankfully. The People have spoken with their feet. I expect a performance tomorrow which Derry Gaels will be proud of. Doire Abu

theticklemister

Quote from: braveheart on May 26, 2018, 09:34:26 PM
Good luck to the Derry senior football team tomorrow. I will travel the long distance to the game because I'm a Derry supporter. The pitch will be in great condition because there have been no games on it but things will change soon thankfully. The People have spoken with their feet. I expect a performance tomorrow which Derry Gaels will be proud of. Doire Abu

Swatragh not that far me oul mucker

lynchbhoy

While the tinkering with the team during the league has annoyed and embarrassed me - given we've ended up in division fckn 4- I still like the look of this side named.

I do worry about team cohesion given the league chopping and changing which severely restricts our effectiveness.
Pity I am not able to be heading up there today... also pity it's not on live tv... but I'm Hoping that this might be the start of a derry resurgence!
Donegal massive favourites but if We can hit any kind of decent form...they are no world beaters either...

Come on Derry (as much in hope as anything)

Wildweasel74

Wildweasel74

Brutal again foreby e bradley! Disorganised! Players out if position etc etc! I watch the tv highlights before giving full opinion but we still going backwards

restorepride

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 27, 2018, 06:25:28 PM
Brutal again foreby e bradley! Disorganised! Players out if position etc etc! I watch the tv highlights before giving full opinion but we still going backwards
Brutal? Hardly a fair assessment for boys that were prepared to put the jersey on in a match they were never expected to win.  They weren't actually disorganised either, much better set up than in the league.

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 27, 2018, 06:25:28 PM

Ach man.. We were lambs to the slaughter, huge underdogs blah blah. Much improved on the league imo. You could definitely see the slickness and cohesion of the Donegal team, something you'd expect from a more settled team. Economy of effort had them reel off scores after a few quick passes and runs. We had to work much harder. I counted 5 very scorable wides in both half's along the 20 metre line.
We had a good team out and I could see them gel if we get a decent draw tomorrow morning.