The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: laoislad on February 04, 2018, 06:54:16 PM
Quote from: TabClear on February 04, 2018, 06:47:24 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 04, 2018, 06:38:11 PM
I thought the second on was a penalty. It's unlucky but in fairness he kicked the back of him. Never even saw him coming in. Great game and spurs well worth a point at least.

Looked like kane was already going down but o think Karius caught him. Second one was a penalty. Usual theatrics but there was contact. Wanyama... wtf!
Doesn't look like much contact. If anything looks like VVD is pulling out of the challenge

That second penalty is shocking to be fair, Liverpool were robbed blind!

Normally I love it when they drop points but not today, they got screwed today.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

laoislad

Spurs to be fair deserved a point at the very least today.  They were the better team for much of the game.
A point is a better result for Liverpool as it obviously keeps us above them, but its a balls to be so close to 3 points even if they were scarcely deserved.
Some goals though from Salah and Wanyama.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

stew

Quote from: laoislad on February 04, 2018, 08:29:54 PM
Spurs to be fair deserved a point at the very least today.  They were the better team for much of the game.
A point is a better result for Liverpool as it obviously keeps us above them, but its a balls to be so close to 3 points even if they were scarcely deserved.
Some goals though from Salah and Wanyama.

Agreed, hard to know which one was better, the strike was absolutely sublime but that skill from Salah was absolutely brilliant, he is some kind of player, he would have to be a one hundred million plus player at this stage, 21 goals and he is effectively a winger, unreal.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

JoG2

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 04, 2018, 07:25:17 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 04, 2018, 07:20:20 PM
I thought the second on was a penalty. It's unlucky but in fairness he kicked the back of him. Never even saw him coming in. Great game and spurs well worth a point at least.

Looked like kane was already going down but o think Karius caught him. Second one was a penalty. Usual theatrics but there was contact. Wanyama... wtf!
Doesn't look like much contact. If anything looks like VVD is pulling out of the challenge

I thought it was soft at the time and when you see that angle its def not a penalty.

Handy enough one but if it upsets the Scouse scum we'll accept it

As the 5 and 6 year olds in my nursery group would say, 'what you say is what you are'.. Affronted for you you internet hard man you  ;D ;D ;D

PS: never a penalty, the man jumps in backwards, goes done arching the back. Those theatrics would drive you round the bend

Carmen Stateside

There is another angle which shows contact but Lamella made no attempt to play the ball, clearly jumping into VVD. 

Boycey

Quote from: JoG2 on February 04, 2018, 08:37:49 PM

I thought it was soft at the time and when you see that angle its def not a penalty.

As the 5 and 6 year olds in my nursery group would say, 'what you say is what you are'.. Affronted for you you internet hard man you  ;D ;D ;D

PS: never a penalty, the man jumps in backwards, goes done arching the back. Those theatrics would drive you round the bend

I've not seen the match and have only working from the 2 gifs on here but surely the one in real time not super slow mo shows it's a peno??

JoG2

Quote from: Boycey on February 04, 2018, 09:03:05 PM

I've not seen the match and have only working from the 2 gifs on here but surely the one in real time not super slow mo shows it's a peno??

Only seen the one gif on here Boycey.. If I'm going to clear a ball anywhere else on the pitch, an opposition player comes in from my blind side. He jumps into me with no attempt to play the ball, arches his back and throws himself to the ground etc..., If a free is awarded against me I wouldn't be best pleased and I doubt he would tbh

dec

Yep, the guy in the white shirt definitely committed a foul, made no attempt to play the ball.

Boycey

Quote from: JoG2 on February 04, 2018, 09:09:08 PM

Only seen the one gif on here Boycey.. If I'm going to clear a ball anywhere else on the pitch, an opposition player comes in from my blind side. He jumps into me with no attempt to play the ball, arches his back and throws himself to the ground etc..., If a free is awarded against me I wouldn't be best pleased and I doubt he would tbh

Sorry it's not a gif it's a link in a post from Gabriel_hurl 5/6 posts back..

JoG2

Quote from: Boycey on February 04, 2018, 09:18:42 PM

Definitely takes a kick on that one now Boycey. Will wait for a 3rd angle and review again  :D

heganboy

Handy enough one but if it upsets the scum we'll accept it

I think you're representing the demographic on the board very well...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Avondhu star

Quote from: heganboy on February 04, 2018, 09:27:52 PM

Handy enough one but if it upsets the scum we'll accept it

I think you're representing the demographic on the board very well...
Thank you
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Over the Bar

Quote from: Boycey on February 04, 2018, 09:18:42 PM

VVD  should prob have been shown a red card too. Yellow at min.

NAG1

It was neither a red or a yellow, he got caught with a player coming in from outside his line of vision and couldnt get stopped in time.

Anywhere on the pitch it is a foul, so it should have been a pen. Fact it was inside the last seconds was just unfortunate but dont think there is a massive arguement to be had on it.

ned

Quote from: NAG1 on February 05, 2018, 10:14:50 AM
It was neither a red or a yellow, he got caught with a player coming in from outside his line of vision and couldnt get stopped in time.

Anywhere on the pitch it is a foul, so it should have been a pen. Fact it was inside the last seconds was just unfortunate but dont think there is a massive arguement to be had on it.
If VVD had committed more to the tackle, Lamella would have clattered into his back and a foul out would have resulted. VVD's fault and technically a foul but 100% bought by Lamella. I would rather in incidents like that, the ref was allowed to apply discretion because it's soft as f**k.