Personal Insurance for self employed player

Started by Frank_The_Tank, January 04, 2018, 11:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank_The_Tank

Tried to find a thread on the above but couldn't really find one.  Just wondering is anyone self-employed and still playing and if so who do you use for your Personal insurance to cover any potential injuries?

I am in the occupied 6 and was checking my life insurance and business insurance policies but not sure it will cover sports injuries reading them so want to get something else in place before the season starts.  I have only recently started working for myself - director of software consultancy firm just working for myself and was looking at Hiscox personal accident coverage - just wondering has anyone got any other recommendations?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

JoG2

Does it matter if it's a sports related injury thats keeping you off work? If you've a broken leg for example and cannot work, does the insurer care  if the injury occurred while home decorating or getting pummeled in a junior b match as long as you have income protection as part of your cover ?

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: JoG2 on January 04, 2018, 02:18:21 PM
Does it matter if it's a sports related injury thats keeping you off work? If you've a broken leg for example and cannot work, does the insurer care  if the injury occurred while home decorating or getting pummeled in a junior b match as long as you have income protection as part of your cover ?
Probably not but would just prefer to keep myself right - I've worked for Insurance companies in the past and they will do almost anything to avoid paying out I've found at times
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

JoG2

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on January 04, 2018, 03:07:41 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 04, 2018, 02:18:21 PM
Probably not but would just prefer to keep myself right - I've worked for Insurance companies in the past and they will do almost anything to avoid paying out I've found at times

you do right Frank , there's often reams of small print