Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

embarrassing? committed Gael wondering what's going on that's all - wind your neck in lad

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 06, 2019, 09:24:29 AM
embarrassing? committed Gael wondering what's going on that's all - wind your neck in lad

Go and ask the workers at Gaelfast, not sure on the committed Gael if all you've done is run it down. One man up at Glenarm, which unless you've been told porkies isn't a strong Gael area.

I get it if you've missed the boat on a job with Gaelfast but go ask questions to people who know, you'll not get them on this site
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

The Gaelfast official twitter bio says it's pioneering initiative to re-ignite enthusiasm and involvement in the GAA in Belfast and Antrim.

Surely Glenarm deserve something to? Let's not make a country/city split over this, sure if it benefits the whole county then it's a good thing is it not?

Na Glinntí Glasa

the gaelfast event ran at our place was a great success. woody was there and took the whole thing with hired coaches from different clubs who have all got jobs with them.

my nephew was there for the 2 days and loved it. If your getting one of the best coaches about in Woody then its a win win for everyone.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

I actually did a football session with him many years ago and have to say I thought he was fantastic. (I don't know why he was there for a football session mind but I think it was to mix it up!)

belfastsaff

no big shocks last night , st johns and cargin would be have been a good one for the neutral, good wins for gorts Ld and pg1. Kickams back on track also. The lurgan men will be glad to see them first 6 fixtures out of the way and will hope to try and pick up a few points now however the men visiting from the glen road will be as hungry as any.

Glenravel seemed to have picked things up in div 2 and nobody will be touching rossa this year- resharkin and Lisburn look in real danger.

tight at the top of division 3 to!!!

Caesar

Rossa would be a decent division one side when they have all their players available. The last couple of years must have been very frustrating for them.

Wouldn't read too much into the Casements win as St Endas were missing half the team.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 07, 2019, 07:22:26 PM
The Gaelfast official twitter bio says it's pioneering initiative to re-ignite enthusiasm and involvement in the GAA in Belfast and Antrim.

Surely Glenarm deserve something to? Let's not make a country/city split over this, sure if it benefits the whole county then it's a good thing is it not
I would love all Antrim to get money but this is money for Belfast only - see launch article from county website
https://antrim.gaa.ie/news/gaelfast-launched

BigBallWeeBall

The county website info is specifically Belfast.
No doubt that other areas need help too. You should ask the Gaelfast team next time they are in Belfast to clarify this ie not up the country.. Looking at minor leagues some traditionally strong city clubs are in Div, there must be an issue with participation lwvels.
Dunloy leading the way with no Gaelfast assistance

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 09, 2019, 05:53:22 PM

Surely Glenarm deserve something to? Let's not make a country/city split over this, sure if it benefits the whole county then it's a good thing is it not
I would love all Antrim to get money but this is money for Belfast only - see launch article from county website

Are you still pissed at not getting selected for the post?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2019, 11:24:07 PM

Don't know why I'm replying to this nonsense but I never applied for a Gaelfast post nor have any plan to. Read the county website link I posted and you will see the facts that this was to be Belfast only, Belfast City Council etc
I welcome all money for Antrim and for Belfast

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 10, 2019, 12:07:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2019, 11:24:07 PM

Don't know why I'm replying to this nonsense but I never applied for a Gaelfast post nor have any plan to. Read the county website link I posted and you will see the facts that this was to be Belfast only, Belfast City Council etc
I welcome all money for Antrim and for Belfast

Id say 95% of the stuff is coming to Belfast, 5% heading out but staying in Antrim is a good thing to.

Belfast GAA man

Expected teams at top of Div 1 and Ahoghill looked doomed at the bottom....not sure who will join them in being relegated though....

Stillwater2

Div 2 looks as tight as ever, a few points seperating a 5 or 6 teams. Few shocks this year, Tir Na Og seem to be struggling. Hand fancied them to kick on this year.

belfastsaff

manager walked out after a few games due to players not committing - st galls will be kicking themselves after yesterdays result -  no surprises with the top 6 and bottom 6 , ld struggled past st endas I see and cargin put casements in their box- ahoghill struggling big time